Shin VS Nora

ruskiiVFaussie

Roy, Yes, i hand plucked the chickens. :) Can't say i would have gone further, not like someone lets say, in your disposition. Don't bother coming back into this thread. Your not welcome.

Black Valk - huh? that's what i wrote, clouds. The aim was for an alternative from cotton to feathers. Ohh you were being... snide?

Yeah Dave, but i wanted to try something different, i saw feathers first actually :p didn't even think of the cotton before i bought some bulk feathers lol. :lol:

Kyp and Dante, yeah i'll try and grab some nice paper later, be cheaper and i think your right, it will add that depth effect i want to aim for, i think i whould try and add some on the sides too? What you think? :)

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well I looked at this tread when ruskii posted it and after reading most of the comments was pretty shocked at how rude some of you have been, I know most of it is in jest but really. OK sure it might not be to everybodys tast but I think ruskii did a great job and tried something different from most of us sticking to the same old display ideas.

Ruskii I like what your doing there, I do think the pink pulls a little too much away from Nora and the blue paper idea should work well. My 6 year old daughter was just looking at the pic's and straight away asked how you put the clouds in the table, and the wife said it's nice to see an artistic display instead of seeing more pic's of valks on shelves, but agrees that maybe grey would look better with the white as long as it doesn't hide shin to much.

I really like what you are doing and think the table is awesome, I've been wanting to get one for a while and you just convinced me. One suggestion, is there enough room to sit the valks on something other than the feathers like a small box or something that you can hide, build the feathers up around. My idea is to sit the valks just a little above the clouds rather than sitting on them, then you can build up around the edges to give the clouds more depth like they are flying above a cloud ready to pass through some cloud infront, it's a little hard to discribe what I'm thinking, clear in my head.

Good job ruskii, nice to see something different and someone not afraid to use his imagination. :)

lol, how's about i just take out the pink late sunset feathers and maybe it will be a little better. :p i'm glad i tried it though, it came off ok. :D Nora is massive, hardly fits in the box! The wife's ok with the valks...

I dig the feather concept. It's refreshing to see someone tackle both the abstract and tangible aspects of Macross Zero in a new way.

Fortitude,

Rick

Well I looked at this tread when ruskii posted it and after reading most of the comments was pretty shocked at how rude some of you have been, I know most of it is in jest but really. OK sure it might not be to everybodys tast but I think ruskii did a great job and tried something different from most of us sticking to the same old display ideas.

Ruskii I like what your doing there, I do think the pink pulls a little too much away from Nora and the blue paper idea should work well. My 6 year old daughter was just looking at the pic's and straight away asked how you put the clouds in the table, and the wife said it's nice to see an artistic display instead of seeing more pic's of valks on shelves, but agrees that maybe grey would look better with the white as long as it doesn't hide shin to much.

I really like what you are doing and think the table is awesome, I've been wanting to get one for a while and you just convinced me. One suggestion, is there enough room to sit the valks on something other than the feathers like a small box or something that you can hide, build the feathers up around. My idea is to sit the valks just a little above the clouds rather than sitting on them, then you can build up around the edges to give the clouds more depth like they are flying above a cloud ready to pass through some cloud infront, it's a little hard to discribe what I'm thinking, clear in my head.

Good job ruskii, nice to see something different and someone not afraid to use his imagination. :)

Thanks man. :D Yeah i know what your trying to describe.

For the extra height I can't. :( The display is really shallow, i have both the Valks placed on Flexi-Display stands, and the smaller ones at that. :p

Nora's stand is practically flat LOL. The big b^tch's nose is pretty much a centimeter off from scraping. And i always wanted Shin's higher.

Yeah i apologize for the pink, i just wanted the feathers to somehow match with Nora's colour scheme, but it's too homo. *rolls eyes*

Had the anniversary yesterday, i'll try and fool around with the heights today. Going shopping too so i'll try and find some paper! B))

Black Valk - don't worry about it man. :)

Thanks Kensei, i try to look my best. :p

Enough talk, i need to update it.

I sorta can understand what you're shooting for, with the pink feathers, but it just doesn't look right. The pink feathers have to go.

Ya and here's another person supporting the idea of putting a blue sheet of paper/material before the feathers.

And I think cotton would not be a suitable material unless you really work at it, and suspend the valks somehow (the valks would just sink into the cotton otherwise and spoil the whole thing).

White feathers will do fine enough I think. Just get some blue showing and most people would understand the diorama.

Edited by Evanta

*Work in Progress*

Before the flames i couldn't get grey feathers when i actually got time to go shopping, BUT i did get some groovy paper to line the sides.

It's "fancy" paper, like fiber paper (i'll look into what the actual name is) of some sought, much much better than just straight blue.

I'm happy with it. Not happy with the placement of the valks though, i'll fool around with it today when i get time.

So now i gotta get better feathers to stick under Nora...

1-11.jpg

2-9.jpg

Notice below the lighter blue paper behind Nora, which looks better? I kinda like the darker blue, but i placed it back there just to have a look. And again the pink feathers will go, but i am sticking with the feather idea instead of paper under Nora.

3-8.jpg

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

ruskiiVFaussie,

You know I always enjoy your displays mate ^_^ .......and thanks for the shot of your wifes ankles......that is TOTALLY HOT!!!! :D

ruskiiVFaussie,

You know I always enjoy your displays mate ^_^ .......and thanks for the shot of your wifes ankles......that is TOTALLY HOT!!!! :D

BTW......I meant the comment towards your wifes ankles to be strictly good fun.....you know I respect you just as I should. I have no reason to not like you. You've always been a good mate....and too all you haters out there that are rude to the aussie.....piss off ^_^

BTW......I meant the comment towards your wifes ankles to be strictly good fun.....you know I respect you just as I should. I have no reason to not like you. You've always been a good mate....and too all you haters out there that are rude to the aussie.....piss off ^_^

" why y-you... you... you dirty rrattt, you killed my brutharrr mhmmmhHmmmmmm. *WiHwoo!* "

lol i don't know why, but the TMNT Mikey quote just ... came to me. :lol: lolz AM I SICK????

Thanks man! :) hows the Christmas and new yeas go for ya??

Scream Man, music to my ears, yes needs more feathers. I need the feathers (CLOUDS) to dance more up along the walls,

or the display looks too boxy.

I REALLY HATE the cloud/feather formation in the new pics, it looks too flat, but that's because they keep floating out everytime i lift the glass and duh forgot to turn off the FAN. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

" why y-you... you... you dirty rrattt, you killed my brutharrr mhmmmhHmmmmmm. *WiHwoo!* "

lol i don't know why, but the TMNT Mikey quote just ... came to me. :lol: lolz AM I SICK????

Thanks man! :) hows the Christmas and new yeas go for ya??

Scream Man, music to my ears, yes needs more feathers. I need the feathers (CLOUDS) to dance more up along the walls,

or the display looks too boxy.

I REALLY HATE the cloud/feather formation in the new pics, it looks too flat, but that's because they keep floating out everytime i lift the glass and duh forgot to turn off the FAN. :lol:

Awwwwwwwww $HIT!!! That was YOUR brother........LMAO!!!!!!

I love TMNT, I just don't know why I have not seen the new movie that came out yet??? Mikey was my fav. and then I started likeing Don more. THANKS for asking about my holidays.....Christmas was totally cool...I got to see my family and all that.....new years was pretty fun too.....Just hung out at a house party. What about you???

lol Raph first then Mikey for me, but those two always kicked ass, then Leo and Don. I didn't pay much attention to no. 3 and 4, only seen parts of those 2 movies so i can't remember much. :p Raph was always my fav, he's badass. Theyr'e all cool. I bought the sweet as new Raphael figure, did you see it in one of my display pics i posted?

I haven't seen the new flick, but totally want to buy it, also want to grab the TMNT original movie on dvd, still have it on VHS.

Glad you had some good celebrations! :) Yeah mine was good, relaxing, had a 50th birthday to celebrate before christmas so we had a quiet Christmas which is good for a change. :D

I totally see what you're aiming for, but honestly, I think the space is just too tight to have both VFs in there. I actually just watched that scene last night, and it would make a great diorama with a little more space. With the enforced top down view of being in the coffee table, it looks like they've been packed in a box. All they need is a few more feathers, a lid, and a spot in Mom's garage. ^_^ Perhaps it's just how the last shot was framed, though. I really think that you could have a cool set piece with one or the other in there, but not both.

Edit - dang, I've been here 3 years to the day, weird...

Edited by Kelsain

Ok, that's enough care-bear action, some people might have been rude but at least they were HONEST sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind it's all well and good to tell someone that something looks good to protect their feelings but seriously, PINK FEATHERS? I think in this case it would be cruel not to say something.

Edited by Maximiria

Ok, that's enough care-bear action, some people might have been rude but at least they were HONEST sometimes you have to be cruel to be kind it's all well and good to tell someone that something looks good to protect their feelings but seriously, PINK FEATHERS? I think in this case it would be cruel not to say something.

lol, it's the Omega Pants boy again, you know, i didn't ask for people to stick up for me either, i stuck up for myself. All is good.

People are entitled to their opinion but some people go overboard. stfu i said the pink feathers were going. Like your opinion matters anyways.

How about offering something constructive, like stating if the special fibre paper lining makes the display not so boxy perhaps?

Work in Progress noob.

REALLY cool idea, but to be honest I'm not crazy about it. For what it's worth, here's what I'd do differently:

1. airbrush some of the feathers lightly in a really thinned down mix, make some grey ones and change the pink to orange and red.

2. The table is just too little for a really good display of that scale. I'd consider using Toynami 1/100's (you can get some cheap 1/100 kits for enemy mecha), Hasegawa 1/72's, or Mac plus 1/72's (A guld vs. Isamu fight would look great in there, maybe you could even have a little room for a vf-11.

Just some thoughts but more power to you because no matter what anyone says if you like it that's all that matters.

Edited by Excillon

REALLY cool idea, but to be honest I'm not crazy about it. For what it's worth, here's what I'd do differently:

1. airbrush some of the feathers lightly in a really thinned down mix, make some grey ones and change the pink to orange and red.

2. The table is just too little for a really good display of that scale. I'd consider using Toynami 1/100's (you can get some cheap 1/100 kits for enemy mecha), Hasegawa 1/72's, or Mac plus 1/72's (A guld vs. Isamu fight would look great in there, maybe you could even have a little room for a vf-11.

Just some thoughts but more power to you because no matter what anyone says if you like it that's all that matters.

Hey Excillon! :)

Yeah it is really small, but i only wanted to just display '1' Valk at a time. Especially for the YF-21. (i thought of the 1/60 YF-21

before i bought the coffee table) With the new 1/60 line of VF-1's it will be perfect. I could even fit 3 in formation easy enough.

Droolllll, imagine the Max 1S, Hik and Kakizaki 1A's in formation with some special paper or something for the ocean below! :D

I am really not liking the placement of the Valks too as i stated before, but that's coz i shifted them around from the original

display to add in the lining paper, but yeah totally agree, not big enough.

That airbrushing technique for the feathers sounds like a plan! :D

I still have a few more shops to look for greyish feathers for the more realistic cloud formation look.

Cheers for your comments really appreciate it. :)

Need... more... feathers. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Couldn't you just have bought a bigger display case? :p:lol:

Instead of replacing the feather, maybe you could mix it up a bit and ad some cotton with the feathers.

You could even let Nora fire a missile and have a smoke trail of cotton leading to Shin's VF-0A.

If you buy me a bigger house, ok! :D

cotton? COTTON? what have you got against sheep? :p;) ;) ;) ;)

Yeah thinking about it, but i dunno. I'll finish the rest of the things i need to do, then add on from there.

More-so than mssile trail i'd love to add in there thruster trail.

How cool would that be just to have cotton used for the missile and thruster trail, why... that would excentuate the clouds (feathers) even more so. I think we are on to something here! right? :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Well the paper looks nice.

Did you ever think about having the valks raised above the clouds on a stand instead of laying them on top?

Feathers IMO is still a odd idea it will look better if the Valks appear to be flying over them. Right now it just like a bed of feathers. The expression less is more holds true.

ruskii,

ROy Focker has a pretty good idea. First off I will say I like your display just fine (you already knew that though ^_^ ) but the idea of them flying above the feathers is a tasty one. Maybe if you placed some of the Flexi Display stands underneath the feathers (I am not sure of how much verticle room you have) maybe a 2.5 incher or a 4 incher. Ummmmmmm........that display case is PERFECT for the up coming 1/60 VF line. I am saving my money (what little I have) for some of those. I was actually considering pre-ordering from LOS the brand new not even out yet 1/60 YF-21. It looks totally sweet and would look even sweeter in your case ;) (hint hint) LOL. Keep up the dandy work mate. :ph34r:

EDIT-------> I forgot to add......I still think the pink feathers are a bitchin idea.....and I don't remember seeing Raphael in your display pics....I must have missed it.

Edited by misterryno

Well the paper looks nice.

Did you ever think about having the valks raised above the clouds on a stand instead of laying them on top?

Feathers IMO is still a odd idea it will look better if the Valks appear to be flying over them. Right now it just like a bed of feathers. The expression less is more holds true.

Yeh man, it is too flat (clouds), and the Valks do need to be higher. I'll work on it and promise to update it today.

Especially in the latest pics the valk placement is HORRIBLE. : /

misterryno, they are both on flexi-stands dude, just Nora is too big i wanted her to be lower than Shin. ;)

big F, yeah! and i can play with it a bit, by bringing the paper from the bottom out a little, and adds even more of the illusion (depth). The fibre paper kicks ass for that.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Maybe a mix of cottonballs AND feathers might give you a good effect. You could even try gluing some to the blue sides to create a sense of depth. I'd get some fabric dye and dye the sides a lighter blue though.

Maybe a mix of cottonballs AND feathers might give you a good effect. You could even try gluing some to the blue sides to create a sense of depth. I'd get some fabric dye and dye the sides a lighter blue though.

What about the light blue fibre paper behind Nora in the last updated pic i posted? I like both, the lighter blue does look nice.

I'm not sure, i can't picture it in my head, wouldn't that make it look weird, feathers and cotton?

I like the idea of using the cotton for thruster and missile trail better, atleast that would 'excentuate' (my new fav word for the day lol) the clouds and trails. I'm using ultra small dabs of blu-tak to hold the paper on the sides. Not sure if i can get any better than what it looks like now.

Wicked Ace, lol join the partei. :lol:

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie