1:60 Macross Plus VF-11B

Ignacio Ocamica

http://www.sgcollect.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=57595

Yamato 2008 Marcoss Product Line Up Plan

Feb confirm 1:60 Macross Zero SV-51α (*Limited) 21,800Yen

Mar confirm 1:60 Macross Plus YF-21, will include Fast pack & Display stand.

Apr plan for 1:60 Macross Plus VF-11B

Feb Gashapon 1:200 Macross Variable Fighter Collection 12 Types (9 common+3 Special)

Part 1 is VF-1J(*Hikaru), YF-19, VA-6 Invader 3 Type, 3 Different mode (Fighter mode, Gerwalk mode & Battroid mode).

If this info is confirmed let's not derail the YF-21 thread :lol:

Post all your wishes and hopes for the (possibly) upcoming 1/60 VF-11B!!

Will Yamato play with the scale?

How will the heatshield work?

What about proportions (eg bigger tailfins than it's 1/72 brother)?

With the YF-21 released in march, I think april won't be a release date for the VF-11B. We would have seen CAD pics by now if it were. Personally, I think we'll see it around october or november of 2008, which is fine by me as it gives me time to save up enough cash. I'm goona need at least three of these, but probably not at it's first release. ^_^

With the YF-21 released in march, I think april won't be a release date for the VF-11B. We would have seen CAD pics by now if it were. Personally, I think we'll see it around october or november of 2008, which is fine by me as it gives me time to save up enough cash. I'm goona need at least three of these, but probably not at it's first release. ^_^

Considering that we have yet to see any pics in magazines of the resin proto of the 21, and have already seen a full fledged commercial with the fully painted toy, I would not be surprised to see the 11 by april.

my prediction was august of 2008 back in the old vf-11 speculation thread and like Dante74 I'm doubtful they'll hit their april release date unless. But if yamato does pull off 2 brand new designs back to back... I don't know what to say... really shows their growth as a company and it's bad news for my wallet.

I'm sure there'll be some kind of gimmick for an internally stored heatshield in fighter mode. It may not be what me and some of the other guys proposed as a solution, but I'm sure they've got something up their sleeve.

Looks to have too much internal detail to be a toy schematic though. Am I wrong? What would be going on in the legs?

Plastic block for internal engine detail/turbine piece, thigh swivel joint, kneecap joint, ratcheting knees, ball jointed hips, landing gear, space for vertical stabilizers to slide into, and possibly more. The joints shown for the arm and the internal leg gadgetry lead me to believe its CAD for the Yamato 1/60, I imagine a model kit would have more internal pieces revealed by the CAD. Also, the VF-11B was already rumored via the SGcollect.com post, so it makes sense if its the Yamato.

VF-11B rules, I can't wait!

i agree with Dante; a month after the 21 is too close. let's face it, the 51 was...August? i think and the 21 will be around feb/march. Thats 6 months or so between releases. Seems unusual to then have a 1 month gap then ANOTHER new mold. Repaints yeah, but not a new mold.

i agree with Dante; a month after the 21 is too close. let's face it, the 51 was...August? i think and the 21 will be around feb/march. Thats 6 months or so between releases. Seems unusual to then have a 1 month gap then ANOTHER new mold. Repaints yeah, but not a new mold.

Unless they were working on both the 21 and 11B at the same time. Its quite possible. The 11B may not be as complex to get to 1/60 and make perfect variable, so development time might have been a lot less.

Graham's cryptic teases again. zzz.

ANyway guys, the info says

Apr plan for 1:60 Macross Plus VF-11B

So its just a plan, or CAD or whatever. I really doubt April will see any release of VF-11 immediately after the YF-21.

I'm sure there'll be some kind of gimmick for an internally stored heatshield in fighter mode. It may not be what me and some of the other guys proposed as a solution, but I'm sure they've got something up their sleeve.

They could copy the Studio Halfeye one where it folds out.

As for Grahams comment, it may well not be in a 1/60 scale, but a 1/48. This might be the case, as a VF-11 at 1/60 scale is too small. A VF-11 scale to scale with a VF-1 is around the same size, and those of you with the recent 1/60s (YF-19, VF-0) would know that they stand just as tall if not taller than the 1/48 VF-1.

Edited by kensei

They could copy the Studio Halfeye one where it folds out.

As for Grahams comment, it may well not be in a 1/60 scale, but a 1/48. This might be the case, as a VF-11 at 1/60 scale is too small. A VF-11 scale to scale with a VF-1 is around the same size, and those of you with the recent 1/60s (YF-19, VF-0) would know that they stand just as tall if not taller than the 1/48 VF-1.

I know I'm being a parrot on this, but I'm pretty certain the 1/60 scale will be a cheat and the actual scale will be close to 1/48 scale. The original 1/72 scale was pretty close to 1/60 scale all around.

Hey i think you guys are missing something here. If yamato doesn't want to do a 1/60 scale on the VF-11 that means they feel it is too small. I think that they like the bigger scales. So this means that those of you asking for the VF-1 line to go to 1/60 are most likely out of luck. And i am glad for it, i could honestly care less about the scale, i only care to have big toys, it is more impressive that way. So odds are we are looking at a 1/48 scale VF-11 so that it will be roughly the same size as all the other valks. Good on you yamato with sticking with big toys, unless i am wrong about this whole thing then you can all yell at me later.

I know I'm being a parrot on this, but I'm pretty certain the 1/60 scale will be a cheat and the actual scale will be close to 1/48 scale. The original 1/72 scale was pretty close to 1/60 scale all around.

Maybe. I hate the idea of them fudging it though. But ever since the 1/48, they seem to just be using CAD, so I think that fudging is less likely. I vote for a bump in scale that will make the thing ~30 cm long in fighter mode.