Ride Armor Comparison

eriku

:p NO! Not when my crappy little CMs figures managed to be accurate with the blue color. I'm really disappointed in MH. :(

Ignoring any possibility that Toynami's repackaged MH Ride armors could come with blue visors to diferentiate them from their Japanese counterparts, how long before some enterprising soul recasts the visor(s) in clear blue resin to redress this "issue"?

Edited by mechaninac

For those in the know: Do you think it's possible that MH releases a second batch with the bigger wheels? I'm seriously considering to cancel my preorder, since I was never too pleased with the bike and after seeing Yellow's I just can't stand the tiny wheels.

Edit: Spelling.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

Ignoring any possibility that Toynami's repackaged MH Ride armors could come with blue visors to diferentiate them from their Japanese counterparts, how long before some enterprising soul recasts the visor(s) in clear blue resin to redress this "issue"?

Thy will be done... we'll offer a blue visor along with the mail in weapons as soon as I can get a hold of everything. Unless someone beats me to it... I'll just buy it from them. ^_^

Don't forget the tires! :)

Thats something that cant be promised. If it's on the same type rims or connection and the mold can be duplicated with rubber molds and all that complicated stuff. But yeah that would be awesome. But if it works it'll be seperate, since we gotta wait for Yellow Belmont to make her debut. With all this, your making an expensive toy into a... well... more expensive toy.

Bu it's all so worth it.

Thats something that cant be promised. If it's on the same type rims or connection and the mold can be duplicated with rubber molds and all that complicated stuff. But yeah that would be awesome. But if it works it'll be seperate, since we gotta wait for Yellow Belmont to make her debut. With all this, your making an expensive toy into a... well... more expensive toy.

Bu it's all so worth it.

I bet the rims are the same as the first two releases, as most of the bike is. I'm more worried about the feasibility of recasting rubber tires, or the cost of it, but the beefier tires makes the bike looks so perfect, almost as if it was a whole new bike. More muscular and aggressive, so much closer to the lineart. At one point I was considering buying some cheapo 1/12 Ninjas and salvage the tires.

Edit: Spellig as always.

Edited by Lonely Soldier Boy

they make strong pourable rubber that comes in black. It all depends if they make it hollow. That would be hard to remove from the mold. If we fill it then it would be too heavy in ride armor mode. We'll find out... how about we all just buy extra Yellows to retrofit all the others... lol.

Wow, it does appear Megahouse has dropped the ball too, at least on this first wave. If they come out with a "fixed" second wave, anyone here plan on complaining to the company to try to get some freebies? And if they are affordable, I'd be down with buying the recast parts. Maybe I should try to make a cannon for mine like the Shadow Chronicles???

Edited by protostar8

Wow, it does appear Megahouse has dropped the ball too, at least on this first wave. If they come out with a "fixed" second wave, anyone here plan on complaining to the company to try to get some freebies? And if they are affordable, I'd be down with buying the recast parts. Maybe I should try to make a cannon for mine like the Shadow Chronicles???

HUH? We don't have a single review yet. Isn't it a little early to say they've "dropped the ball"?

Just the usual MW prerelease cold feet... or you can say premature exaggeration.

I dunno man, I've had nothing but love for the MH this whole time. But photos from ToyFair, WF and now the new shots from this morning ALL indicate that the visors are WAY off in color. I feel justified in being a bit angry/disappointed. I didn't expect the revised wheels, but the visor color should be a no-brainer. :unsure:

I dunno man, I've had nothing but love for the MH this whole time. But photos from ToyFair, WF and now the new shots from this morning ALL indicate that the visors are WAY off in color. I feel justified in being a bit angry/disappointed. I didn't expect the revised wheels, but the visor color should be a no-brainer. :unsure:

That's a definite downer...

HUH? We don't have a single review yet. Isn't it a little early to say they've "dropped the ball"?

Actually, I was basing my comment off the photos posted today of the released figures, which appear to have goofy faces/sloppy face work with crossed eyes and a purple visor instead of a blue visor. I'm still getting one b/c I love how the armor look all put together, but if they screwed up the visor color, that's pretty bad. Can't be too hard to mix blue, there are so many examples out there to base your knowledge off of.

I suspect you'll like the painted pic more in person. remember there's a thin warped piece of plastic over the head that's altering the image beneath and that the picture is taken closer than your face will be 99% of the time. Look at all the smudges on the CMs one you'd never notice unless you had a camera right up to it:

CMs%20Ley%20Close-up.jpg

I cant believe this kind of garbage comments. We havent even had any reviews yet, and you say MH dropped the balls?? WTF??? WE need to know the built quality, the looseness, any braking stuff like the CM??? Will this thing hold, or will it be kapout. The visor, although its not ideal, can be fixed. I liked the black color non-see through, so i guess i may paint it eventualy. As for the rest, comon reviews, common!!!! Plssss dont mess up the faces (the ones without the visors) and pls make them tight enough that can hold a stance.

I had no idea what picture everyone was talking about... that's what happen when i get too busy. Even if you compare the CMs to the MH the Cms at a smaller scale has a lot better proportions than the MH. Look at the big shoulders, the exposed ball joints on the hip the weird exposed elbows. But the detail and poseability on the MH is way better not to mention it has more character. I like both, but hopefully the bigger scale means a sturdier toy.

That gray proto MH looks hot!

Ok. After playing around with the figure for most of last night and this morning, here's a review.

The packaging is pretty much standard for this kind of toy. We've all see pics so I won't bother going into much detail here. Opening it up the first time, I was dissapointed to find that the instructions are the usual single sheet, black and white affair that has zero xdepth perception making it difficult to understand what the line drawings are asking you to do. No stickers as we all knew.

The contents, nice. There's the bike and figure of course, then 3 sprues of parts for the bonus equipment rack that can be assembled and put on the back of the bike. Nice touch, but no colour-molded pieces. The rack and accessories are all cast in pale putty-green. I can always paint those.

The figure itself comes with two optional heads (in helmet and without). The Heads are nice. Nicely painted without any cross-eye syndrome. (on a side note, there were two hairs trapped in between the seams of the top Ray's head, so I had to pull those off. EEEWWW). The optional hands are nice and firmly hold in place on the toy. The hands are a little stiff to put in but hold in place like noone's business.

The figure itself is fantastic. At first glance he appears a little short and stocky but then you realise that it's the armour making him so. The construction of the figure is a little off-putting, with the sticks connecting his arms and legs. But it's not all that noticeable. The poseability-possibilities (credit to Renato for that one) are great. It isn't quite up to a Revoltech but it holds its poses well since the joints are tight but easy to move. The figure has around.....ummm.......32 points of articulation I think. The hips have Revoltech-esque joints so you can put him in some nice stances. The included display stand is great and holds the figure amazingly well. (Note of caution...the pin that holds the very top of the display stand on can fall out. if you swivel it back and forth too much)

The helmet is nice. The visor is a little purple but looks nice for it. The visor does indeed go up but sometimes falls off so be careful. It stays up well but can sometimes slide down on its own if you knock it.

The paint job on the figure is lovely. it has a nice matte finish with nice paint details. I don't even miss any decals. There isn't one area on it that looks rushed.

The bike itself is nice. Major gripes? The wheels do not spin freely! You can't roll it along a surface and have them spin. Hardly a big problem but would have been nice. The construction is great. it's solid in the hands. Ther's no die-cast of course but it doesn't need it. The figure sits on the bike well and while it comes without a kick-stand, the handle of the rifle on the front wheel acts as an impromptu one so the bike can free-stand easily. The bike is all in matte tones which makes the silver of the engine really stand out. The bike also looks really nice with the storage rack on the back. The back end of the bike looks a little emaciated so it really makes it look alot bulkier.

The transformation. Now, this is where you have to be careful. You have to dismantle the bike into around 6-7 pieces and then re-assemble. The most difficult part of this process was removing the front fork. It takes a lot of force to get it off the first time. I was afraid of breaking it the first time. But once you get it off it goes on and comes off so much easier after that. Also, the headlights have to be taken off and placed on hidden pegs in the final form. Now, be very, very careful. There are no extra pegs included and they can pop off easily. And since they are black...........took me 20 minutes to find the right peg when it popped off.!!!!

The tires themselves are attached to pistons so that the pylon can shrink when you place the tyres up on the back of the armour. It's a nice touch. The tyres themselves are cast in a fairly solid rubber. Actually, while the bike can feel a little delicate owing to the number of parts, there are no parts here that feel flimsy or like they can break easily. Everything is solid.

The armour is very easy to transform once you get the hang of it but still satisfying even after repeat transformations. Once it is fully formed, the final ride-armour solidly fits on the figure. The only parts left over are the front fork. This kind of sucks.as I don't always like having pieces left over. But the final piece is so nice that I can forgive it for this.

Stability. The big question. Can the figure stand once in the ride armour? NO. I could not find any stance that would support the figure. I heard sirens going off when I noticed that the display base had a tiny peg on it in the corner. This is the only way to have the figure stand once it is kitted up. This really bugs me as i'm limited in the number of foot on floor stances I can do.

The other question. How poseable is the figure in the armour? Very. It can do alot and the figure is in no way hindered by all the crap it's wearing.

If I HAD to give this figure a score out of ten......I'd give it an 8. It's a gorgeous piece with so much going for it but some really annoying things. I wish it could stand under its own weight. I wish it didn't have important pieces popping off and not include extras. Then again, I wish it was 1/1 scale so I could wear it myself so I might have unrealistic standards.

You won't be dissappointed by it. It's an amzing piece of kit with alot of play value and display value.

And to finish with a lame joke........Order this sucker now with MO-SPEED-AH!

Edited by Alex

NOW THAT'S A REVIEW! 8 OUT OF 10 CONVINCES ME!!! I'm looking for this sucker now and wont bother with Toynami unless i hear good reviews and maybe convinced to buy doubles.

I guess the wheels moving are somewhat a pain for both toys...

Thanks for the review, Alex. I'm still bummed about the purple visor :( , but based on the review I do look forward to having these in the collection. If anything, it should be fun noting the differences between these and the CMs. I'll try to do a gallery when they arrive.