Yamato SV-51γ Nora type

UN Spacy

Damn Swoosh, those are some fine pics. This is a beautiful toy. I've made my decision, if I ever buy a 51, it'll be Nora's. For the past few years I've liked Ivanov's more, but that schanged now. What a beautiful mecha. Swoosh, is this easier to transform than the 1/60 YF-19 and 1/48 VF-1?

I like how the majority of the details are tampo printed too.

Hey Swoosh once again very nice pictures. I thought the Nora scheme was kinda ugly, but now I like it.

It also seems Yamato did the accurate color corrections that weren't on the first prototypes. Good job Yamato. Graham also mentioned the wing issue was fixed also. Very nice.

However Swoosh how's the hips on the Nora scheme? I would like to know whether they are as loose as the Ivanov or much tighter?

Damn Swoosh, those are some fine pics. This is a beautiful toy. I've made my decision, if I ever buy a 51, it'll be Nora's. For the past few years I've liked Ivanov's more, but that schanged now. What a beautiful mecha. Swoosh, is this easier to transform than the 1/60 YF-19 and 1/48 VF-1?

I like how the majority of the details are tampo printed too.

SV-51 is the most difficult one to transform among them... and very scary.

Hey Swoosh once again very nice pictures. I thought the Nora scheme was kinda ugly, but now I like it.

It also seems Yamato did the accurate color corrections that weren't on the first prototypes. Good job Yamato. Graham also mentioned the wing issue was fixed also. Very nice.

However Swoosh how's the hips on the Nora scheme? I would like to know whether they are as loose as the Ivanov or much tighter?

The hip is a bit tighter than Ivanov.

Overall, Nora is more sturdy than Ivanov, if you are already happy with Ivanov, I am sure you won't have complaint with Nora, especially the missile attachment are ROCK solid, it didn't comes off during full transformation from fighter to Battriod and vice versa!!!

Please note that my camera makes it looks more red that than actual thing.

Edited by Swoosh

I got tired of waiting for HLJ to get this toy in stock since so many other companies have it already, and cancelled my order with them. Then, I bought it from HoHoToys through Ebay ($210 shipped) and it's in the mail.

I understand you, I am in the same thing, HLJ reports low stock but I do not recieve yet any confirmation of shipping :angry:

I have talked to HLJ's owner and the move to the new building kind of derailed operations. Now that they are "settled" I hope that things return to normal. I would hate to think that they have expanded to the point of failure since Valk-Exchange closed I have been dealing with HLJ for all my Macross goodies.

I would love to see the paint job on Yamato's Nora since building the Hasegawa was a ?itch with all those decals.

For those that already own it Yamato must have done great job. All I have read is that it is better than DD.

I have talked to HLJ's owner and the move to the new building kind of derailed operations. Now that they are "settled" I hope that things return to normal. I would hate to think that they have expanded to the point of failure since Valk-Exchange closed I have been dealing with HLJ for all my Macross goodies.

I would love to see the paint job on Yamato's Nora since building the Hasegawa was a ?itch with all those decals.

For those that already own it Yamato must have done great job. All I have read is that it is better than DD.

Just checkd my hlj.com account also, low stock, no ready to ship update.. :p I will be patient, i can wait.

It's going by EMS, so i know i will get it before Christmas!

I agree with you 'Fly4victory' as i was shopping exclusively with Kev and his honest enterprise, but HLJ.com is the next

best thing. Actually better for me, SAL shipping is still an option. Too expensive to grab it out of the US....

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

Got mine yesterday. The colors are great. I don't think I am going to be able to resist getting 2 more so I ca have one in all three modes. ext to the VF-1 roy I think the Nora is now one of my favorites, just beautiful!

The attachments for the wing pods are so much better on the Nora that they are borderline too good, LOL I had a hard time getting two of them on.

The wings are nice and stiff too.

My ordering finger is itchig over here. Good thing I am out of shelf space right now :rolleyes:

man finally able to put on a reply, its been months. hopefully Nora will be here tommorrow and i am seriously wishing there are no problem with it. dude seriously i just bought a house had to skip Ivano's release and save up for it i. When i got it in the mail a week ago i took it out the box and on my first transformation i thought the lower part of the upper leg was loose and as soon as took my hand off the lower leg it fell right to the floor :blink: luckly all i had to do to fix it was super glue the leg halves together but man that was crazy

Your crazy, shelf space shouldn't be an issue you could fit double your collection if you practice valk displaying like i do :p

Go buy DOUBLE your collection now dammt!

btw, where did you get your Nora from? pics? :D

I got mine off of an eBay store called Crazy Toys Paradise. I have been getting new release stuff from them lately. They get here quickly and the pricing is just right. I paid $200 shipped to the US. When I get something that has been around a while I go with a seller out of New York who does off eBay and bulk sales to me now.

Double huh? I would love to. But that would be another $6000 or so and I have a $10,000 motor to pay for that is going in my Mustang. B)) I honestly don't think I could double my collection though. I don't want that many. I could see myself getting a lot of customs painted by professionals and I would spend some time scratch building a few things though. I would love to have a few custom paint jobs on the YF-19 and I would like to commission someone to build me some of those tasty resin kits. I would love to do them myself but it will take me 10 years to be able to paint like some of the modelers out there. Their work is outstanding! Anyway, gotta get back to work. I think I need to save up for some YF-21's and some 25th anv. Valks.

DSCN2038.JPG

I got mine off of an eBay store called Crazy Toys Paradise. I have been getting new release stuff from them lately. They get here quickly and the pricing is just right. I paid $200 shipped to the US. When I get something that has been around a while I go with a seller out of New York who does off eBay and bulk sales to me now.

Double huh? I would love to. But that would be another $6000 or so and I have a $10,000 motor to pay for that is going in my Mustang. B)) I honestly don't think I could double my collection though. I don't want that many. I could see myself getting a lot of customs painted by professionals and I would spend some time scratch building a few things though. I would love to have a few custom paint jobs on the YF-19 and I would like to commission someone to build me some of those tasty resin kits. I would love to do them myself but it will take me 10 years to be able to paint like some of the modelers out there. Their work is outstanding! Anyway, gotta get back to work. I think I need to save up for some YF-21's and some 25th anv. Valks.

Cool :D Yeah i'd figured it'd be around that much to buy double, all in jest that's just crazy. lol

Yes, you need to buy lots of 21's.

Love the Nora and DD paired up there! If an when i get my DD, i'd display him in Battroid, or vice versa with Nora.

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie