Yamato 1/48 Roy reissue October

skull001

isn't this the 6th re-issue ? Well whatever it is

I hope they keep to what they said about making smaller boxes for re-issues .

Actually, I hope they DON'T change the packaging. I'm so OCD, I'd be tempted to buy another VF-1S, just to have one of each packaging variant :p

Hmm, I guess Ill have to buy one of these since yamato seems to want to keep rereleasing roy instead of making a Max VF-1S. WHY YAMATO, WHY WONT YOU MAKE A 1/48 MAX VF-1S!? Be nice to get it at a cheap price instead inflated prices.

Good to hear that they are re-releasing the 1/48 roy VF-1s. I recently ordered an urban camo gbp armor, and I'm now surely getting another roy vf-1s to slap it on to. I imagine that the reason for the re-release is that there is still a strong demand for it. :)

You must be thinking about the VF-0S/A and the YF-19 because the 1/48 VF-1 had very minimal issues. sure there are some every once in a blue moon but those have pretty much been on the money since the release of the Max VF-1A

Not sure what pll are complaining about, this is the VF-1, the most stable well made yamato toy to date, and the Roy is simply my favorate. Only thing is, as they are making the black scheme, not sure about buying this, and considering the nice low camo armor is hard to find, makes this decision even harder (although even a vf-1a seems to look great in it).

The last reissue had crooked skulls. And it would probably cost them more to make new boxes when they're just trying to squeeze blood out of a dying line. I hope they keep reissuing them though, so we'll find some in clearance before they start going up again.

Yeah my 4th issue the last one IIRC has slightly crocked skulls, not as bad as some and definately better than eairlier versions. Who knows we have bashed em here enought maybe Graham has had a few words in thier shell.

Edited by big F

Too bad they couldn't modify the release to make it the ultimate, signature version of the TV Skull-One instead.

Imagine both TV Hik' and Roy pilots, the fat TV hands, and all the other minute details that separate the TV VF-1S from the DYRL version.

That'd be a nice way to freshen up the old bird.

I don't think I'm going to bother with the 1/60 VF-0's anymore since it seems people are still having problems with them, so I think I will start collecting 1/48's since I've never owned one. :p

-Kyp

The 1/48 VF-1 series valks are amazing .... time to pick one up mate!!!

B))

Yeah my 4th issue the last one IIRC has slightly crocked skulls, not as bad as some and definately better than eairlier versions. Who knows we have bashed em here enought maybe Graham has had a few words in thier shell.

Actually the last issue was either the 5th or 6th issue. I remembered the 5th, but if I recall properly there was a small batch of a 6th issue. Not sure whether those had crooked skulls or not, but I have the 1st to 4th issue and all had crooked skull except the 2nd issue. I don't think Yamato cares anyway, My Kakizaki also came with a crooked skull, my second issue VF-1S Hikaru also had crooked skull and missing tabs to hold the backpiece in place before you connect the hook to the backpack.

Edited by Valk-1S

Does anyone have any pics of this yet?

I don't think I'm going to bother with the 1/60 VF-0's anymore since it seems people are still having problems with them, so I think I will start collecting 1/48's since I've never owned one. :p

-Kyp

This poll suggests that the Shin VF-0A release is fine, but it might be due to nobody darring to transform their VF-0A.

When is this reissue coming out? I kind of want one. Roy is my favorite VF-1 design, and I've never had a Yamato VF-1 1/48 toy because I keep hearing that they have quality-control problems, and that the problems get less and less severe with each passing reissue.

The 1/48s are the toys with the LEAST QC issues. Mine has the rubber joint seepage but that doesn't really bother me. Everything else is fantastic.

If this release is significantly cheaper, and in a smaller box, I may get one. I have one of the very first Roys from the first issue which doesn't have any problems (aside from the crooked tailfin skull) but the heat sheild hinge busted off during a transformation and that's always bugged me. Battroid doesn't look quite right without the Jolly Roger on the belly.

That said, I am MORE than ready for another company to take on the VF-1. I still feel like none of the toy incarnations are 'perfect'.

Edited by eriku

I have the 1st to 4th issue and all had crooked skull except the 2nd issue. I don't think Yamato cares anyway, My Kakizaki also came with a crooked skull, my second issue VF-1S Hikaru also had crooked skull and missing tabs to hold the backpiece in place before you connect the hook to the backpack.

Ditto. If I ever open a bar/tavern/pub, I'll name it the Crooked Skull. :rolleyes:

The 1/48 VF-1 series valks are amazing .... time to pick one up mate!!!

B))

Just scored a Hikaru VF1-J TV version in brand new condition off Ebay for $112 shipped!! I have a feeling that I will be buying more of these, lol.

I am torn about getting this latest VF1-S Roy or getting the YF-19 25th Anniversary edition...

-Kyp