Empire or Rebels

Pick a Side  

70 members have voted

1. 1. I'm with..

• The Galactic Empire
    • The Rebel Alliance/Republic

Difficult choice there... pick between a sterile Fascist regime run buy a pruny Totalitarian emperor bent on Galactic domination (granted, he did make the space-trains run on time, stabilized the economy, reduced crime within his zone of influence, and more than likely improved the standard of living of the average Empire citizen); or a guerrilla group composed of anti-establishment types, ungrateful ner-do-wells, subversives, terrorists, pedophilic warrior monks and their fellow travelers, and all sort of Galactic scum.

You know what? I think I'll take the Hutts: uncompromising, unabashed, unapologetic, hedonistic capitalism all the way.

You guys are all barking up the wrong tree. Neither the rebels nor the empire "won" the galactic civil war. It was big business. Not those dupes in the Trade Federation either, I'm talking about the shareholders in Kuat Drive Yards, SoruSuub, Incom, and so forth. You can debate politics and hokey, ancient religions all day, but in the end all that matters is money.

Corporate greed for the win!

You guys are all barking up the wrong tree. Neither the rebels nor the empire "won" the galactic civil war. It was big business. Not those dupes in the Trade Federation either, I'm talking about the shareholders in Kuat Drive Yards, SoruSuub, Incom, and so forth. You can debate politics and hokey, ancient religions all day, but in the end all that matters is money.

Corporate greed for the win!

don't believe him, this is just another tactic by the jedi-o-facists and their buddies in the jedi-media! Let us not forget that this is not the first time that the jedi and their fanatics attacked business and corporations! Did we all forget that the jedi have even used CHILDREN on suicide runs in order to further their ludite ways?

Business and corporations are just one of the ways the Emperor provides you citizens with a safe and secure society!

Neither Empire or Rbellion for me. I'd most want to be a free-trade bounty hunter who plays both sides and stays the hell away from Sarlaac pits.

. . . and blind men with sticks.

don't believe him, this is just another tactic by the jedi-o-facists and their buddies in the jedi-media! Let us not forget that this is not the first time that the jedi and their fanatics attacked business and corporations! Did we all forget that the jedi have even used CHILDREN on suicide runs in order to further their ludite ways?

Business and corporations are just one of the ways the Emperor provides you citizens with a safe and secure society!

I bet the Empire has huge govt contracts. Food contracts alone must be in the Millions on the Death Star.

Weapons R&D must be in the trillions. Meanwhile the republic has to smuggle stuff and acquire (cough) imperial shuttles

and even the Jedi have to make their own lightsabers. :blink:

I bet the Empire has huge govt contracts. Food contracts alone must be in the Millions on the Death Star.

Weapons R&D must be in the trillions. Meanwhile the republic has to smuggle stuff and acquire (cough) imperial shuttles

As I've maintained all along, the DEATH star was a huge civil works project designed to reinvigorate all levels of the galactic economy after years of wafare caused by the unilateral actions of the now deposed jedi council. The Emperor in his wisdom saw that the galaxy was suffering and chose to create a public works project large enough to positively affect all sectors of business from the local moisture farmer to all safe and legal freight haulers to engineers and various union contractors.

The people shouldn't begrudge the large contracts award to key large industries. After all, these large corporations pay the bulk of imperial taxes which pay for your local stormtrooper garrisons who protect you from the jedi-o-facists and their tactics of fear and submission.

Besides look at Leia. She's obviously a drug addict, hooked on Solo's smuggled goods. She became totally wasted after hooking up with that drug dealer!

You think that's bad, just look at the drug dealer himself. Not only does he lie, cheat, steal, and peddle drugs, but look at how thouroughly he debased that princess. Started out all nice and sweet, just stringing her along until he could get the addiction started, and from then on... does he ever let her leave the Falcon?

On a slightly different topic, if you think this thread is interesting, just try reading/watcing Dune and drawing comparisons with modern-day events.

Lightsaber that are bootlegs! The Jedi Order served the Republic which became the Empire. Thus making all Lightsabers production the exclusive rights of the Empire. When a Jedi builds a lightsaber he is infringing on the Empire's rights as the patent and trademark holder.

Lightsaber that are bootlegs! The Jedi Order served the Republic which became the Empire. Thus making all Lightsabers production the exclusive rights of the Empire. When a Jedi builds a lightsaber he is infringing on the Empire's rights as the patent and trademark holder.

Support the legal manufacturing and distribution of lightsabers! And it's easier now then ever as there are two DRM's available for those considering purchasing a lightsaber. Under iblade, a force user is able to own and operate a single lightsaber at a time with no other financial obligations. The only drawback being your iblade will only operate with an official galactic ipower pod. Or for those duel wielders out there, feel free to subscribe to cu-for-sure, a no hassle way to rent as many lightsabers as needed*.

*lightsabers rented from cut-for-sure will only operate from the hand of the subscribing force user, or in cases of emergency the subscriber may allow another force user to operate the lightsaber for three minutes or three swings, which ever comes first. Any further use of the lightsaber may result in harm or injury to the non-authorized wielder. Failure to return the lightsaber at the end of the subscription period may result in explosion, maiming and in rare instances, death. Any attempt to change the color of an official galactic lightsaber is a crime and may result in a fine of 500,000 credits or a prison sentence.

Remember, the use and operation of lightsabers is sanctioned for only registered force users and/or cybernetic organisms or some hybridization of. This is for your safety. Lightsabers don't kill people, jedi kill people.

Edited by eugimon

Always been a fan of the Empire, they had all the great vehicles and costume designs. The Rebels never really did appeal to me mainly because of the damn ewoks, chewbacca and C3PO.

According to the new movies Jedi need to be trained from childhood, yet Luke Skywalker manages to take a fast track course, Yoda can jump about without the aid of a walking stick. It seems the Rebels are full of lies and deceit.

Edited by kung flu

I'd go rebel. Gotta be a good Jedi. :D (and get killed, but that's always retconned)

I'll go with Sith which had better life insurance and better toys (cloaked ship, interogation droid, assasin droid) :ph34r:

Neither Empire or Rebellion for me. I'd most want to be a free-trade bounty hunter who plays both sides and stays the hell away from Sarlaac pits.

eriku's on the right track. Bounty Hunting for me too. You get the guns, the weapons, the money, the ship, the money, the rep, and the money without all the superfluous baggage the Empire or Rebels have. As long as you stay away from picking fights with Jedi or blind "reformed" smugglers, you should enjoy a very successful and prosperous life.

The entrepreneurial spirit! Living your life without anyone's interference! Reaping ALL the rewards of your own hard work. That's the American Dream, baby! That's BOUNTY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!

Paid for by the Galactic Guild of Bounty Hunters, the Longshoremen's Association of Coruscant, the Ewok and Wookiee Fur-Traders of the Core Worlds, and the Galactic Board of Taxation and Certified Public Accountants ("Hey Palpatine, you still owe us 20 BILLION credits for that first damn DEATH Star!!").

Edited by Mog

The entrepreneurial spirit! Living your life without anyone's interference! Reaping ALL the rewards of your own hard work. That's the American Dream, baby! That's BOUNTY HUNTING!!!!!!!!!!

Watch out for that giant man-eating hole in the ground. :p

You can't beat him, he's Boba Fett, the greatest bounty hunter ever! *Ah du-du-du-du-du*

Good luck going after bounties with him around. :p However, he tends to contract out to the Empire. Putting criminals behind bars, for a safe and secure society. ;) At least the Empire pays bounties and rewards without any lip, like drugged out terrorist princesses that claim her people are peaceful, despite having been caught riding in a flying fortress bristling with blasters. :lol:

You can't beat him, he's Boba Fett, the greatest bounty hunter ever! *Ah du-du-du-du-du*

Good luck going after bounties with him around. :p However, he tends to contract out to the Empire. Putting criminals behind bars, for a safe and secure society. ;) At least the Empire pays bounties and rewards without any lip, like drugged out terrorist princesses that claim her people are peaceful, despite having been caught riding in a flying fortress bristling with blasters. :lol:

Hmm, a corellian corvette is flying fortress? :huh: A peaceful planet that sponsored a rebellion are fated to be doomed anyway.

Good luck going after bounties with him around. :p

Eh, we'll just distract him with a giant pit of teeth or with a "dirty little smuggler" (wantin' a little piece o' Boba? :huh: ).

Besides, he's too tied up with legal suits from all the clones trying to stake claim to the estate of Jango Fett.

And hey, I never said anything too offensive about the Empire; I'll gladly sell out those Bothan spies to the Imperials. (Just don't ask the Bothans who they got the DEATH Star plans from. ;) )

or with a "dirty little smuggler" (wantin' a little piece o' Boba? :huh: ).

Nah, that "dirty little smuggler" would just trade that new strung-out Princess for his freedom. He already gave her to his mob boss to settle a debt, so why wouldn't he do it to save his own skin from a blaster? That glitterstim stuff destroys lives, I say.

just finished watching Empire Strikes Back you know the documentary of how "hero" Skywalker learns about his dad. Well it was like an episode of Jerry Springer. Luke learns the truth and what happens ....yep theres a fight. I mean c'mon man its your dad. he hasn't seen you in ... well he never saw you. Only because you were kidnapped by the Rebels. Yeah taken from the hospital and hidden away. Heres your chance to know your Pop and all you can say is Noooooo! Theres your Dad, Darth Vader , extending his hand to you and what do you do ? You try and commit suicide by falling to your death. The Rebels have no family values. :wacko:

Ah, see, more propoganda... it's not the Death Star, it's the DEATH star: Dear Emperor's Ambulatory Terrestrial Habitat Star. It's just an unfortunate accident that the acronym spells out something "dark and evil" sounding. Another ploy by the rebels to turn a wonderful civil works project into something evil and menacing.

A persuasive, yet overly-convenient argument, my sith-like friend :lol:. My highly honed Jedi-senses pick up the undeniable undertone of sweaty palms being rubbed together... And unspeakable evil, of course.

Looks like the Alliance is out in front in the polls.

A persuasive, yet overly-convenient argument, my sith-like friend :lol:. My highly honed Jedi-senses pick up the undeniable undertone of sweaty palms being rubbed together... And unspeakable evil, of course.

Looks like the Alliance is out in front in the polls.

post-19-1188446961.gifmy palms are quite dry, thank you very much. Only the jedi would spread such vile rumors!