Transformer Super Thread 6

I've never noticed my Metroplex to be really fragile, but I guess it's not really up to the standard build techniques... a reissue Metroplex would be pretty neet, but that's one G1 I don't need a reissue for... but he's still just about my fav G1 figure, and my favorite base-bot transformer.

The Dinobot combiner has always been one of the worst fanboy ideas, because what makes the Dinobots 'badass' is their ability to be devastatingly powerful individually without resorting to combining.

Well....they were always devastated by Devastator.

I was looking for a picture of the Energon Grimlock and Swoop combiner to show how poorly engineered and half-assed the above good idea turned out. Oddly, this picture from the G1 cartoon came up in my search results, and is just.....wrong....

250px-Windcharger_flash.jpg

Had to share... :D

Ahhh...the scene where the Autobots were trying to lure the Deceps at some phony Air Base/Airport..

Nope, no movie Prime yet. Still waiting for a G1 repaint. And if that never comes--I haven't seen the regular one since June. He is the hardest to find TF after 2009 BB. (I've even started seeing Barricade again lately)

I know we already discussed that you wanted a leader scale. Well, here's another one you don't want. :) A voyager redeco in G1 colors which also quite amazingly succeeds at being one ass ugly figure. I pray if and when they do do a G1 deco leader class, they don't do it this way.

Allspark Power wave pics at tformers.com

They're also releasing Ironhide again but in blue. He looks quite a bit like Soundwave now.

Nope, no movie Prime yet. Still waiting for a G1 repaint. And if that never comes--I haven't seen the regular one since June. He is the hardest to find TF after 2009 BB. (I've even started seeing Barricade again lately)

hey! im sure you already know about this, and its not leader size, but here is a G1 repaint of the Voyager movie prime:

http://www.hasbro.com/transformers/default...BDF089748155EF6

Arrrgh. It never ends. Suncoast just emailed me to say they fulfilled my backorder---which I cancelled. They'll probably send it overnight too. :p

This has become the most expensive CD I've ever acquired.

PS---half the tracks are slightly altered from the movie. (the ones with asterisks--mainly all the notable themes). Very close, but "not quite it" in places.

Hey well this is the first time i posted in the transformers thread so sup all. Anyway i just finally got a deluxe movie barricade and bumble evolution of a hero set. I am so happy, i have been looking for the concept camaro bumblebee for a while now and i get both the classic and the concept with this set, although it is repainted to show battle damage i care not for i finally have one without having to go to ebay for it

Congratulations, and welcome to the thread that keeps spawning new threads!

I've never noticed my Metroplex to be really fragile, but I guess it's not really up to the standard build techniques... a reissue Metroplex would be pretty neet, but that's one G1 I don't need a reissue for... but he's still just about my fav G1 figure, and my favorite base-bot transformer.
Metroplex's failure point is his connection between the upper and lower halves of the body.

Takara reissue Dinobots = $$$$$$ for Takara.
Apparently Sludge and Swoop's toolings are missing. Not really a surprise then that chinese bootleggers generally have the toolings of toys neither Takara nor Hasbro can reissue anymore.

Arrrgh. It never ends. Suncoast just emailed me to say they fulfilled my backorder---which I cancelled. They'll probably send it overnight too. :p

This has become the most expensive CD I've ever acquired.

PS---half the tracks are slightly altered from the movie. (the ones with asterisks--mainly all the notable themes). Very close, but "not quite it" in places.

Yeah, I read in a review they were probably rearranged for better listening.

What do you think of the score? Any favourites?

I'm crossing my fingers for a more G1 deco'd Megatron. An anime Astrotrain wouldn't hurt either.
Not sure about that - if you look at the line up of figures, just like the Encore line, they're releasing Classics counterparts of characters from the movie.

(G1 Soundwave counts for Encore because Blackout was originally going to be Soundwave)

Edited by Fit For Natalie

I have become very impressed over the last couple of years by transformers. For awhile the tranformations were just too easy and it got boring so i stopped buying. Then the alternators/ binaltech came out and restored my faith. Then the masterpiece, even the movie figures impress me. I thought the deluxe models would be like move on part and it is done transforming (like a lot of beast wars figures). Now i am very excited about the new Transformers Hero figures. I love the designs and the fact they are very accurate to the cartoon in both bot and vehicle forms, (except starscream of course). They need to hurry up and hit the streets. Luckily i have a good friend that works at target so he informs me when toys i am looking for are in stock. THat is how i got the bumblee because it was just released yesterday.

Finally got a Deluxe Barricade too! A bit late in the game, but got lucky and saw the only one left in local Walmart still in the box case. Has some scratches on car panel, but guess I'll have to live with that as I haven't seen this guy since June.

Got similar issues as people mentioned: Loose ankles, punch gimmick too easily triggered without pressing the button, a bit hard to stand due to the odd angles of the leg joints & not very leveled feet.

But I turned out liking it more than I've expected. And surprisingly, the ratchets on this little guy is spring loaded that has a nicer 'click' compare to lets say Ironhide's, which are just grooved plastic rubbing plastic (wears off quick). And I like how the double jointed hips let you pose him in a less 'squashed' stance and stands taller, while the shoulders let you swing the arms forward and backward a bit on posing. Love the additional ball joint on the shoulder/wheel panel, letting you move that panel around for different look. Not to mention a very nice car mode(though plastic, paint & finish sucks...but good enough for a $10 toy), and a nice Frenzy accessory. Even got hidden spikes on the feet.

With some fixes on a couple loose joints, this guy can be a pretty nice figure with some nice features. Too bad the articulation is not ideal.

Had a good haul today - found TF Deluxes Dropkick, LongArm, & Payload at Target today!!! Finally!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They are all pretty sweet. I could see Hasbro repainting LongArm as a Classics Hoist next fall.

Passed on the lame-o Recon Barricade repaint. Talk about lazy redeco ....

<_<

I think I've gotten all the TF movie Deluxes that I wanted. Bring on the TF animated series line .....

:)

I got Fast Action Battlers Bumblebee a few days ago. For a toy suited for younger children, it's well-designed. It's the best looking among all the FAB figures released in the series. Unfortunately, the plasma missile didn't want to lock into the blaster, so I returned it. The store clerk at Toys "R" Us told me I wasn't the first one who had a problem with FAB Bumblebee. She mentioned that there was one with a missing front end and another with a head that wouldn't pop out. Sad to hear that the best looking FAB is the most problematic.

Fast Action Battlers Plasma Punch Bumblebee

Pros: Easy transformation, looks good in both modes.

Cons: Faulty parts on some units.

I have become very impressed over the last couple of years by transformers. For awhile the tranformations were just too easy and it got boring so i stopped buying. Then the alternators/ binaltech came out and restored my faith. Then the masterpiece, even the movie figures impress me. I thought the deluxe models would be like move on part and it is done transforming (like a lot of beast wars figures). Now i am very excited about the new Transformers Hero figures. I love the designs and the fact they are very accurate to the cartoon in both bot and vehicle forms, (except starscream of course). They need to hurry up and hit the streets. Luckily i have a good friend that works at target so he informs me when toys i am looking for are in stock. THat is how i got the bumblee because it was just released yesterday.
You mean Transformers Animated? They won't be out until March, I believe. If I recall correctly, to coincide with the series premiere they will release a two pack of Optimus Prime and Megatron in January.

The movie line will continue into 2008 until Animated takes over.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

You mean Transformers Animated? They won't be out until March, I believe. If I recall correctly, to coincide with the series premiere they will release a two pack of Optimus Prime and Megatron in January.

The movie line will continue into 2008 until Animated takes over.

Its Prime and Megs for sure in the animated pack? Must be voyager Cybertronian Megs, and deluxe cybertronian Prime.

Yes i mean Transformers Animated, it was once called Hero. Damn that long of wait? Well i want to pick up movie Optimus and Megs, and Ironhide, and maybe Blackout

I personally don't mind waiting for the Animated TFs as I have more time and money to buy other stuff, especially after all these hard to find movie TFs.

Getting Leader Prime and Ironhide made me go for the rest of movie line, so be careful. :ph34r:

I finally got '08 bumblebee. This could be the best TF to date IMO.

If Takara upgrades this mold and made it like Binaltech that would truly be the "Ultimate Bumblebee."

Edited by konimon

I finally got '08 bumblebee. This could be the best TF to date IMO.

If Takara upgrades this mold and made it like Binaltech that would truly be the "Ultimate Bumblebee."

That would very well be the case. I also got lucky and finally score the 08 Bumblebee, as well as the 2 pack Target set, both the last one at the Target I went. After played with the yellow guy a bit, I have to admit its the most impressive $10 TF I've ever come across. Barricade was pretty nice I thought a couple days ago. Then this new Bumblebee is like a totally different caliber. Automorph on legs and chest and gun. Sculpted detail way more than Barricade. Good joints all around (minus the missing ankle ball joint & the loose hip ball joints). If it ever get a BT upgrade & improvements, it will no doubt be the true "Ultimate Bee" for many years to come.

too bad that Takara/Tomy scrapped the Binaltech line...or did they?

It sounds as if it's dropped completely, which is an incredible shame. I keep all my Alternators and Masterpiece Transformers on the same shelf, and when you put those two lines together, you've got, what is in my opinion at least, the best TF line ever. Especially if they keep adding non-car variety with the Masterpiece line. I'm hoping for the two original triple-changers sometime soon, and Soundwave.

^^^Myself, I'm hoping for a Masterpiece Blitzwing. Hopefully self-contained, without the need to remove parts for any mode.

Rumors say that the next MP might be Soundwave, or it might be Grimlock.

Soundwave u say hmmm? Grimlock ay? I iz gettin' shivers innit.

Grimlock would be sweeeeeee-eeeet.

*EDIT*

Where did u hear/read these 'rumours'???

Edited by Kurisama

Don't believe rumours and get your hopes up.

Hasbro stated that they would like to make an MP Grimlock. No indication if this will ever happen of course, since they don't really need one.

too bad that Takara/Tomy scrapped the Binaltech line...or did they?
Binaltech never did very well in Japan. At best you'll see repaints of Alternators Hasbro have released but Takara hadn't in the Kiss Play line, possibly.

Or maybe a totally random 'Binaltech' release like Black Convoy and Mirage.

It seems to me, based on what I've heard, that if Takara had dropped the die-cast, the line would have done much better. Most of the complaints I've read had been about price. Though the Kiss Players toys were still just as pricey, lacked the die-cast, but on the other hand they came with those odd little girl characters, and had an odd manga story running.

Hmm, maybe just having a manga or tv series might have helped the regular Binaltech line, but cutting the cost by going no-diecast like the American line probably would have helped too.

Of course, it's always seemed to me that Takara has really mishandled the Transformers line, even while Hasbro was raking it in.

It seems to me, based on what I've heard, that if Takara had dropped the die-cast, the line would have done much better. Most of the complaints I've read had been about price. Though the Kiss Players toys were still just as pricey, lacked the die-cast, but on the other hand they came with those odd little girl characters, and had an odd manga story running.

Hmm, maybe just having a manga or tv series might have helped the regular Binaltech line, but cutting the cost by going no-diecast like the American line probably would have helped too.

Of course, it's always seemed to me that Takara has really mishandled the Transformers line, even while Hasbro was raking it in.

As I understand it, later Binaltechs had very low die-caset, but the same high price point.

Seems Takara's solution to low sales was to reduce costs and keep prices static, thereby increasing profits... assuming no one shifted allegiances to the Alternators.

I read that most of japanese fans were importing Alternators to start with. Once the metal content went down, more of them started, and the rest of the world quit importing Binaltechs.

Don't know if Bineltech was doing bad due to high price. 5000yen for a diecast detailed transforming toy is a pretty reasonable price. Even our $9.99 Movie Deluxe figures sells like 2500yen there, while any simple small scale PVC statues can cost just as much if not more than a BT as well. So 5000yen for a BT really isn't asking too much. Just that when we import, we got shafted on the mark-up and shipping, paying around $60-70 each. I think its just that TF was never that big in Japan, plus having no anime show support and lack variety (after 15-20 releases) hurts it in the long run. Definitely unfortunate, as it (with the Masterpiece line) is also my favorite TF line.