Transformer Super Thread 6

It depends on how the store software is set up. I worked for a big box home improvement store (let's just say their name sounds like retards), and their software was set up to automatically generate a purchase order when the stock reached or went below a certain amount. The PO would then be faxed (more like email since a computer did it) to the general office, which would then order the items from the manufacturers. In the other lumber yard I worked at, it was all by hand and we were usually out of stock on a lot of stuff since my boss was an idiot and really dragged his feet on it (lost A LOT of sales because of this).

I would imagine that a large retail store like Walmart or Target would be set up with an auto-order system, considering that there usually aren't enough people on the floor to help you look for something, let along take a stock count of everything in there.

Edited by Metal_Massacre_79

wow bookmarked the hasbrotoyshop link for 08 deluxe bumblebee hoping to get one at regular price and it sold out already. must have missed it by a couple of hours or since the morning. oh well i have one already. i think i'll stop going out of my way to look for these movie figures and focus on any new masterpiece, classics, and g1 reissues i don't have. also macross figures.

Edited by sh002

hey shin, you seem to know your retail stores. I was in walmart and bought the last Bumblebee. I need 2 of them, so I asked the clerk since I bought the last one will the computer automatically order more? She did not know. So how does this all work? Does the store manager order the stuff, or somebody higher up? Just curious.

I think the department manager can place orders but whether they get anything in or not depends on how fast they can get supplied. For example, right now a lot of walmarts have Transformers heavily ordered for xmas, and those should be hitting soon, they are already hitting some areas, in preparation for xmas. Stores hit saturation with toys for xmas typically during mid october.

I finally bought Leader Brawl today. I've found that he is MUCH more stable on smooth surfaces if one folds the pieces that forms the sides of his feet into their vehicle mode stage, so that that form a kind of rectangle.

Wasn't there a point in our lives when the word "exclusive" meant "hard to find" or "rare?" Now it's been reduced to a method of forcing people to shop at one store, but they still make enough for everyone.
They make larger numbers of exclusives now to so the end price is more affordable. That's why Botcon stuff costs so much - relatively low production numbers.

On the subject of Transformer Movie toys, I'm surprised that there isn't a G1 repaint of Movie Ironhide. Heck, I don't see even a single custom painted Ironhide around. Does no one care about red Ironhide, or has everyone grown too fond of the black Ironhide?
A few test shots of Ironhide repainted as G2 Motormouth (apparently) have appeared in the past few months, but with no indication as to who he is, but given the bright blue parts and deco, he's likely to be released during the AllSpark Power segment of the line later this year, possibly as an exclusive. Edited by Fit For Natalie

SCORE! Concept BB, only one on the peg at TRU. Tempted to purchase Arcee too, since it looks really sweet, but passed on it. Having second thoughts about doing that now...

I wouldn't worry too much, as the new waves of figures hitting TRU and Wal-Mart seem to have a decent supply of Arcee. Definitely pick her up, though, as she's one of the best in the line. And Dropkick, for that matter (I finally scored him this week!).

And guys, go to hasbrotoyshop.com this week and use the promotional code to get some serious discounts (with free shipping!) on various TFs:

"Until October 8th, you can get 25% off your bill AND free shipping! Enter the code 25FALL in the promo code box and enjoy the savings!" Leader Brawl for $30 is a SWEET deal.

Finally got MP Skywarp. Fantastic toy, though not nearly as much range of movement in the legs as I'd like. Seems like there's a very limited set of poses you can work the toy into, and some of them, some that i can do easily with a Bandai 1/55th VF-1, are more difficult to pull off than I'd like. Still, once you get him into those poses, he does look good.

I still kinda wish he was more Prime/Megatron size, but I'm not going to complain too much. He looks very good on my shelf with the Alternators and the other two Masterpiece toys I have (the aforementioned leaders).

I also really want Starscream more than ever, but I'm still not keen on the cartoony Hasbro colour scheme. I don't suppose there's any chance we'll see a rerelease of the Takara Starscream colours but with the improvements they made to Skywarp? If not, I'll settle for the Hasbro colours. I can't stand the thought of a toy I can't pick up and mess with whenever I feel like it. Especially if it will cost me like forty bucks more than the Hasbro version.

Finally found TF Movie Deluxe Concept Camaro 09 Bumblebee!!! WooHoo!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

My local Wal-Mart re-stocked around 12 midnight last night, I just happened to be there and found 2 of him!!! As some reviewers have said, he is a fantastic mold!! Great transformation, along the complexity of an Alternators and he looks good in both modes!! A definite must have in the collection!!

For those of you still looking, keep the faith - stores are re-stocking shelves now.

B))

Went to the local comic shop the other day and they had basically everything comic related, including old TFs... some nice looking and nicely priced complete G1s... I might pick up the Galvatron, but since I was spending a ton on comics, I decided to go small with the toys, and picked up something I simply couldn't resist since I remember how much fun I had with the little guy as a kid: an Action Master Bumblebee :D

Just got back from my local Target. They had a repaint of the Scout-class Arcee, Elita-One. I had to pick it up, as I passed on the previous scout-class, never found the deluxe class, and Elita-One is actually colored closer to G1 Arcee than either of them (kind of a brownish red). Not bad at all for a scout-class toy, although the arms are a little funky.

Just got back from my local Target. They had a repaint of the Scout-class Arcee, Elita-One. I had to pick it up, as I passed on the previous scout-class, never found the deluxe class, and Elita-One is actually colored closer to G1 Arcee than either of them (kind of a brownish red). Not bad at all for a scout-class toy, although the arms are a little funky.

Although I didn't buy any of the Target exclusives, I did like that they colored the energon pieces so they looked more like solid pieces of metal instead of the blazing translucent red they were in the Energon line.

Heard the news about a movie TF restock and checked out a few stores after work. TRU had a decent stock, but no '08 Camaro BB. Target had a decent stock, but no '08 Camaro BB. Walmart FINALLY had some stock (and to my surprise a full shelf), but no '08 Camaro BB. Where is '08 Camaro BB? This is frustrating.

Edited by VF-2SS-BloodPhoenix

I can't find 08 bumblebee either. I did see it ages ago, but at the time I wasn't interested in buying anything. Then when I went back with some money ready to buy...the shelf had no tf movie deluxes or classes above that.

I did see the re-released beast wars toys though. If anyone was a fan of that and wanted the toys now would be good to start buying.

Now with all the macross toys coming I doubt I would have much money left over anyway so I'm not too stressed out.

Might be he's the one everyone is looking for. When I got him, he was the last one on the peg at TRU. My kid is mad at me now since BB is sitting in his plastic bubble next to the other sealed Transformers. I've been looking all over the place for another one that he can play with.

It should be the other way around man. It's a toy, let the kid have the first one.

I'm not a Transformers fan, but a friend of mine just send me this link and I thought to treat you all trannie fans with it:

If this has been shown here before just ignore me.

That was pretty cool, I thought. A lot of thought and work went into those. And as a Macross site, I'm sure everyone should like the gerwalking Starscream. :D

My local Wallyworld had a restock on all of their transformers. I was able to score a 08 BB. B)):lol: The also had Barricade, repaint Barricade, Ratchet, Jazz, Final battle Jazz, Starscream, Prime etc. I left a 08 BB. I should go back and buy it.

For you Joe fans they had the 25th anniversary set with Duke, snake Eyes Scarlet, Etc.

Edited by Golden Arms

Hot damn! I picked up the "Robo-vision" Voyager Prime at Target because, despite the truck kibble on his back, I thought he looked a little better than the Leader Prime. But if I could repaint like that, I'd have gone for a Leader in a second. That Prime's looking HOT.

A redeco G1 wuld be great, dont think id buy one since I dislike having two of the same characters unless there was a mold change or be cheap price wise. ex of g1 jazz and starscream with a new and better looking head.

Hell I might pass on ciffjumper cause the only change is the vynl on the hood.

My only concern right now is waiting for MP G1 SS from walmart cause well, frakin G1 paint, gotta get!

Thing is--even if Hasbro did do a repaint, it wouldn't look that good. The guy either knows trucks or used photo references--a lot of little "truck-specific" details are painted on it that Hasbro wouldn't do.

Care to elaborate? I'm curious...

The other problem with Hasbro releases is that you could never get that nice looking of a Prime bc/ on a Hasbro mass-produced release, alot of that would come from molded plastic color and not be painted on... IMO molded plastic colors are one of the works things for toy finishes...

Most obvious (to me at least) are the chrome door handles, bunk vents, and running light strips. Plus all the chrome strips outlining the windows and doors. (Though on a modern semi that's all more likely to be stainless steel---chrome is usually limited to horns, stacks, and bumpers)

Who's your pick for top Gestalt toy wise or just your fav character (US and Japanese series)?

Mine's would have to be as follows(G1 mostly):

#1 Predaking

He is just badass and the 5 robots who make up Predaking make-up the baddest Decepticons animal Predacon characters ever. Toywise, he's got that "Voltron" Chokogin look to him.

#2 Computron

#3 Abominus

#4 Devastator

#5 Menasor

#6 Bruticus

#7 Defensor

#8 Superion

#9 Liokaiser

#10 Road Caesar

#11 Raiden

Edited by Ratchet