Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

The entire underside and sides of the fuselage are gone. The "shutters" are not part of the limbless mode nor intended to smooth out the area---they are the vanes for deflecting the engine thrust in GERWALK mode and are always present. They are merely exposed by the loss of the belly.

The YF-21 has an intake/nacelle configuration very similar to the YF-23, with the intake trunking angling upwards as you go in, thus the loss of the belly doesn't interrupt airflow to the engines, as the intake trunking stays near the top of the fuselage. (With the shutters forming the underside of the intake trunking---more properly I think they'd be called louvers, but they act as vanes/deflectors)

I find that the YF-21 is similar to the YF-23 in a lot of ways.

RIP Black Widow.

Thanks for the clarification guys.

Hello everyone, today is my first day and I am kicking myself for not joining sooner! All of the great stuff I could have got a heads up on... <_< I would have bugeted better.

well I think it is great news about the YF-21!

I will definately stay informed, it's great to be around others that understand my obsession with collecting macross stuff!

Edited by mustang1

Wouldn't detachable limbs make the YF-21 NOT a perfect transformation toy?

I always thought Yamato's definition of "perfect transformation" meant that there were no detachable parts needed to transform the toy?

:huh:

Wouldn't detachable limbs make the YF-21 NOT a perfect transformation toy?

I always thought Yamato's definition of "perfect transformation" meant that there were no detachable parts needed to transform the toy?

:huh:

the detachable limbs would be to reproduce the look of the yf-21 when guld rams it into the ghost, not in order to be able to transform it.

the detachable limbs would be to reproduce the look of the yf-21 when guld rams it into the ghost, not in order to be able to transform it.

I suppose.

:mellow:

I guess my vote would be for non-detachable limbs .... I'd prefer the toy to be one solid piece.

:ph34r:

On page 88 of Macross Design Works, there's some line art of the yf-21 sans limbs and belly plates. there's a bunch plate like shutters that close along the exposed under carriage, giving it a smoother look, but the belly plates definitely go along with the limbs.

IMO, unless yamato is going to be able to model those plates, I have no interest in the limbs popping off.

Oh yes, here it is (to be part of the next update for the M3):

yf-21-fighter-legless.gif

The detachable limbs are a feature on the YF-21. This feature should be present B))

Right now I'm thinking about those movable vanes it uses for deflecting the engine thrust. That would be the s h i t!!!! Ãœber cool!

I'm thinking that detachable limbs would make things worse. You could always put a screwdriver to the thing, as mentioned before.

As features, I'm thinking the hi-speed mode, and also a removable faceplate just like in the anime.

Thanks for the welcome Mechatek! :rolleyes:

The more and more I hear about the 21 the more I am anticipating some protoype photos that you guys have had the previlige of seeing first! lucky! :lol::lol::lol::lol:

I see lots of canned spagetti and meat balls in my future to be able to afford all the great things coming out! :wacko:

I see lots of canned spagetti and meat balls in my future to be able to afford all the great things coming out! :wacko:

Welcome to the MW boards mate.

And wow, you must make the "big bucks" ... I survive on Ramen noodles alone ...

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The old Yamato 1/72 could do high-speed mode, and had movable thrust vector paddles--I'd expect the new and improved one to as well.

i was just thinking that. But it doesn't seem that big of a deal for high speed mode; just fold in the tail fins and fold down the wings.

hello all

the yf-21 is a good looking plane but so ugly in battroid

I will pass on that one I think

too much magic on the transformation kills my love for valks :angry:

the VF-11 is much better ^_^

What? You don't find chicken legs sexy on a valk?

What? You don't find chicken legs sexy on a valk?

Shoji Kawamori was a big fan of Michael... :mellow:

mickcopy.jpg

Edited by Mowe

Oh yes, here it is (to be part of the next update for the M3):

Hey Marchy, what book is that from? I don't have 'any' Macross Plus/7 artbooks (got everything else covered),

but am looking to get one that's a good reference for the 21 and 19...

Wether or not they have detachable limbs for Ghost killing mode (:p), i will attack it with a srewdriver to get it in my display.

Ghost killing mode rocks, i love that pic, thanks Mr March! Gotta get that book. *_*

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie

The -21's battroid mode rocks because it's DIFFERENT. The feet and legs aren't the engines and rear fuselage! The arms don't hold a shield in fighter mode, nor have the gunpod clamped between them! The -19's a bit different, but it's still just a VF-1 with a Z-fold chest in its basic transformation. Even the Sv-51 doesn't have the uniqueness that the -21 does.

(And it's a Q-Rau, so that makes Milia's red -22 the coolest one of the entire -21/22 family)

The -21's battroid mode rocks because it's DIFFERENT. The feet and legs aren't the engines and rear fuselage! The arms don't hold a shield in fighter mode, nor have the gunpod clamped between them! The -19's a bit different, but it's still just a VF-1 with a Z-fold chest in its basic transformation. Even the Sv-51 doesn't have the uniqueness that the -21 does.

(And it's a Q-Rau, so that makes Milia's red -22 the coolest one of the entire -21/22 family)

QFT

nor have the gunpod clamped between them!.

Actually, where does the gunpod clamped to? and does the YF-22 has any visable ammo attached to its fighter like the VF-1? It might not be anime accurate, but it would add a bit more playability to the toy...

And hell yeah, Yamato can do a red 1/60 YF-22 Miria scheme :rolleyes:

Good art of the YF-19 and YF-21 are in the Macross Mecha Designs book that has everything up to M7 Dynamite. M0 designs are not in it.

The YF-21 and VF-22 gunpods are not field-reloadable. No extra magazines like the YF-19 or VF-19 series. But the 21/22 has two gunpods that attach to the bottom of the YF-21 (I think?), and are in a internal compartment on the VF-22.

I want a dark red VF-22. :) Or a black VF-22. It's one of the few times where I don't like the cyclops eye on a valkyrie (the 21) and prefer a different look. I like that visor.

It's like the old gunpod for vf-1 it just has the ammo in the gunpod which is more practical since it can fire all its ammo in fighter mode without turning into a robot to replace the clip.

Agree with the Qrau thing. I love that it stays true to the more rounded zentradi style of mecha.

Disagree with milia's being the coolest. Gamlins is the best. His looks like an evil ninja qrau. :p There is also something about the head that reminds me of the xenomorphs from the "Alien" movies.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Good art of the YF-19 and YF-21 are in the Macross Mecha Designs book that has everything up to M7 Dynamite. M0 designs are not in it.

The YF-21 and VF-22 gunpods are not field-reloadable. No extra magazines like the YF-19 or VF-19 series. But the 21/22 has two gunpods that attach to the bottom of the YF-21 (I think?), and are in a internal compartment on the VF-22.

I want a dark red VF-22. :) Or a black VF-22. It's one of the few times where I don't like the cyclops eye on a valkyrie (the 21) and prefer a different look. I like that visor.

Yeah i have the M/Mecha Designs, but i didn't notice the disengaged limbs high speed mode in there, i'd like to know those

images are in the Macross Plus Edition artbook, or the other. Umm not the Macross Plus Game edition either.

I guess it's the movie version.