Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

I'm only kidding around. I keep adding these: :lol: to convey this. ;) I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with you.

I hear ya Dude.... I've got 6 1/48s and I love them. I've had a little to much to drink. I'm just saying to much. Good talking to ya

heh, it's too hot around here for that sort of stuff. besides, I'm sure there are other folk lurking about who could write a much better manual than me. :p

I'm tired of you, so I'm not going to show you my warehouse full of Lov-vis Valkyries, which are individually stored along with my Lamborghini collection for safe keeping -- in the desert. Oh, and on toipic, the 1/60 scale YF-21 is there, too.

Edited by Wicked Ace

I'm tired of you, so I'm not going to show you my warehouse full of Lov-vis Valkyries, which are individually stored along with my Lamborghini collection for safe keeping -- in the desert. Oh, and on toipic, the 1/60 scale YF-21 is there, too.

post-19-1188621852.gif damn youz! Damn Youz all to HELL! :p

Edited by eugimon

as soon as someone notices the early bird preorder for it on hlj, please post that it is ready. i think last time i missed the early bird for the yf-19. thanks.

Nice clean pictures of the battroid CAD drawing here and of fighter mode here. There's also a few pictures of Nora's SV-51 as well.

thanks for the heads up halfan,

The hands look nice. Legs still look small but I'm really wondering how this think looks in 3D.

I wonder when they'll release the proto pics.

It's probably the best design yet, the most solid that can hold a pose. They just have to be think like the 1/48 VF-1.

I don't like the skinny legs much at the moment, but CAD drawings mean squat to me. I'm not in that area or work and i have trouble imagining that in 3D. I'll wait for the coloured prototypes.

Those hands dont look like the standard chicken paws.

Graham, can you confirm that they're made specially for the yf-21?

The more I look at the frontal shot of the battroid the better it's looking to me. Looks like we got something really special to look forward to.

Maybe the the finger joints will actually be articulated? So far I'm impressed, although bits and pieces look a bit off. I'll wait for prototype pics, I'm sure that it'll alleviate all the little doubts and fears that are gnawing at me when I see the cad art.

I agree with you Nani?! , it feels like this one is going to be very special. :)

I'm not so worried about the hands. I am worried about the small feet, landing gear storage and gunpod storage.

Let's be clear. This is my absolute favorite VF. I have extremely high hopes for this release. If Yamato F's this one up, I'm done. I will get the VF-0D and that's it.

BOB and me will be bro's tarnishing Yamato's name.

That looks fantastic! I agree with kensei that this baby looks solid. I personally don't mind the smaller legs, especially since we've all come to expect this is the only way the YF-21 can be done as a transformable. I love the proportions for the most part. This YF-21 does seem a big large in the upper body, but no more so than the large torso proportions on the 1/48 scale VF-1. So far, this sculpt is looking great.

Side armors look so much thinner compared to 1/72, so I still keep high hope for this one.

I wonder if there's any gimmick to extend forward fuselarge from Battroid to fighter mode.

Edited by konimon

That looks fantastic! I agree with kensei that this baby looks solid. I personally don't mind the smaller legs, especially since we've all come to expect this is the only way the YF-21 can be done as a transformable. I love the proportions for the most part. This YF-21 does seem a big large in the upper body, but no more so than the large torso proportions on the 1/48 scale VF-1. So far, this sculpt is looking great.

yeah, I think it's looking pretty cool. I like the that the entire leg is going to lay flat, unlike the 1/72 where the leg twisted at the thigh.

Plus, I'm thinking that proper posing will do a lot to obscure or even negate the broad upper torso, I know I don't notice it in the 1/48 vf-1 when I have mine posed in an A stance.

Looks great to me. Legs or feet don't look too small to me, and I'll love if those hands have individually articulated fingers instead of being another chicken hand rehash.

That looks pretty good so far, yeah the feet are alittle small but it will probably change by the time it gets to proto stage (remeber the small wings on the Yf-19 cad). Maybe the upper torso will have an automorph gimmick :lol: .

hell no please no automorph. stupid toys and their special gimmicks. press this button to hear 5 sounds from macross plus. :lol:

Edited by sh002