Yamato 1/60 YF-21 News & Pics

Graham

Thanks wolfx! Such purty pics.

For those still worried, it looks like there's a pic of the non-FP'd fighter with the gunpod mounted below.

Wonder if the stand they're gonna include will be the clear variety shown here. :huh:

Pictures courtesy of Tokyohunter at WHF yesterday. YF-21 is somewhere in the middle along with other pics of interest including the Military Garland.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/18251255@N00/...7025863/?page=2

Thank you so much for the pics, this is the best Christmas ever, so much info coming out!!!!!

Nice photos indeed. The paint job is well done, love the color. The 2 laser beam guns mounted in the lower arms is hidden though, i hope it can be pulled out a bit. Plus the blue color used around the cockpit area seems to be darker than the rest of the area. Damn i'm drooling already :rolleyes:

If you watch ova 4 at 07:27 you can see 2 hatches opening showing the 2 gun pods, would be wicked if this can be done in the fastpack.

Edited by bowman

Personally, I just hope the gunpods mount solidly (both with and without FP's).

As long as the gunpods don't fall off with the slightest of bumps, everything else about them will be gravy.

This should be re-posted here:

dhfeb08page1mz0.jpg

SORRY for TALK ABOUT THE 1/60 VF-1 HERE....

SEE THE PIC OF THE NEW 1/60 VF-1, NOTE MUCH IMPROVEMENT IN THE SHAPE AND THE ARTICULATION OF THE ARM AND FOOT PARTS,

1. the shoulder become smaller, seems make it for better outlook in the fighter mode.

and the Upper legs' shape make it like VF-0 style, and I see another pic for the fighter side shot,

the upper leg have a bigger proportion then the 1/48,

I think it was because the designer want to hide the arm in the fighter mode

2. DOUBLE JOINT'S ARM ,SEEMS CAN FOLD THE ARMS NEAR 90 DEGREE, LIKE MG GUNDAM MODEL.

3. the WHOLE lower legs' shape now much more like the animation design than the 1/48.

4. THE little fin on lower legs can fold , seems prepare for the INSTALLATION OF THE GBP-1S. this mean the foot armor parts

5. The missile pod case are same to the Movie's design sketch.

can become smaller.

6. The BACK plate of the battroid now shape like the original design like the previous 1/60 OR HASEGAWA style.

Edited by Hayao Kakizaki

I haven't read all 75 pages, am I the only one concerned about the skinny legs and excessive arm kibble?

Better than nothing I guess.

:huh:

Considering that's how it's supposed to look in the anime, not really.

Yeah, I'm concerned about how solid the joints will be, but that's something I'm ALWAYS concerned about on all the new mecha toys.

:huh:

Considering that's how it's supposed to look in the anime, not really.

Yeah, I'm concerned about how solid the joints will be, but that's something I'm ALWAYS concerned about on all the new mecha toys.

The CAD art made it look particularly skinny, but the real thing is alright.

then what are you complaining about? the yf-21 has skinny legs and it has its tail fins hanging off the forearms.

The arms never looked that tacky/cumbersome in the anime and the legs were more muscular. I suppose it can't be helped given the nature of the toy tho.

edit: hmm there seem to be some additional grey parts on the arms in the pictures I looked at. my bad.

Edited by Maximiria

Looks like they had to put the legs on a crash diet so the belly plates would be thick enough to hold the gunpods.

I really wish the fighter mode had been sacrificed instead. Who's gonna see the underside of the fighter anyway? Those legs are an eyesore. Sorry but I feel really strongly about this maybe those are just bad photos?

The anime YF-21 is a masterpiece of mecha design, it looked really beefy and powerful, The pictures from the world hobby festival make the legs look way too skinny and weak IMO.

Looks like they had to put the legs on a crash diet so the belly plates would be thick enough to hold the gunpods.

I really wish the fighter mode had been sacrificed instead. Who's gonna see the underside of the fighter anyway? Those legs are an eyesore. Sorry but I feel really strongly about this maybe those are just bad photos?

The anime YF-21 is a masterpiece of mecha design, it looked really beefy and powerful, The pictures from the world hobby festival make the legs look way too skinny and weak IMO.

The legs are a bit skinny, but the #1 most important feature of the 21 is the flat/slender F mode, and I think I speak for a lot of 21 fans when I say that. The skinny legs look like a necessary sacrifice to get that sleek profile in F mode, so I'm all for the compromise they made.

The legs are a bit skinny, but the #1 most important feature of the 21 is the flat/slender F mode, and I think I speak for a lot of 21 fans when I say that. The skinny legs look like a necessary sacrifice to get that sleek profile in F mode, so I'm all for the compromise they made.

It will be a hell of alot harder to notice a slight bulge UNDERNEATH the jet that no-one is ever gonna look at than those in-your-face chicken legs.

Plus there's more room for sturdier/better joints.

Maximiria--the number 1 complaint of all previous YF-21's has been the belly. From SHE to version 1 to version 2 of the old Yamato. Yamato was simply listening to its customers.

And what's the number 1 thing for which praise is heaped upon the D'stance? Its skinny belly.

Also--it's not a "slight bulge" under the belly on older ones. The older ones look 2 or 3 *times* thicker.

yamato has always given more weight to the fighter mode, unlike transformers which gives more weight to bot mode.

In order to get the yf-21 to have the sort of thick legs shown in some scenes of the anime, you'd have to have a big belly, you'd end up with something like the 1/72 yf-21 and if that were the case, why even bother? That was the number 1 complaint about it, the second being the shoulders just sticking out there.

As for how skinny the legs look in battroid, there's a fair bit of anime magic going on. Compare YF-19 fighter to battroid. In fighter they're thin, in battroid it's inflated to have some big calves. Like the recent 1/60 19, the 21 is going to have thick legs and a nice slim belly. You may not like it maxmiria, but I'm ecstatic at the sleek fighter mode. :) Very line-art accurate. And I love the battroid mode with the thin legs. Very Q-rau-ish. :D

Forgive me if someone has covered this, but does anyone speculate that the YF-21 will be released in the follow-on models with fast packs as a set? They did it with the YF-19 with selling it as a combo set with the YF-19 AND the FP and booster. I would rather wait for that release to have it all in one shot. Is any one thinking of waiting? Do you think Yamato will do this? Debating pre-ordering with Kevin (great seller). LMK.

To add to warpaint22's reply, the first release will also come with the stand packed with the SV-51 (not sure if it'll be the black one or the clear one in the recent pics).

About the only advantage to waiting for a second release would be to wait for Yamato to get rid of all the kinks and quirks that may come up during production.

Though, I'm personally hoping and praying that the first release doesn't have any issues.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks for the replies. So as I understand it, the 1st release of the YF-21 WILL NOT come with any FP accessories at all, just attachment points for FP and/or boosters. I am thinking more and more to wait for the complete set with FP. Was the combo pack of the YF-19 with Booster and FP the second release of the YF-19?

B))

Ichiban

To add to warpaint22's reply, the first release will also come with the stand packed with the SV-51 (not sure if it'll be the black one or the clear one in the recent pics).

About the only advantage to waiting for a second release would be to wait for Yamato to get rid of all the kinks and quirks that may come up during production.

Though, I'm personally hoping and praying that the first release doesn't have any issues.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks for the replies. So as I understand it, the 1st release of the YF-21 WILL NOT come with any FP accessories at all, just attachment points for FP and/or boosters. I am thinking more and more to wait for the complete set with FP. Was the combo pack of the YF-19 with Booster and FP the second release of the YF-19?

B))

Ichiban

no, the 21 will come with everything(stand, the FP's, etc) other than the fold booster. i repeat no fold booster!

yes the 19 fold booster combo set was the 2nd release with the fixes.

B))

Ichiban

It's been confirmed by Graham that the yf-21 will come with FAST packs and guns and stand.