Knight Rider the Movie (and Series)

wolfx

The Thunderhawk in MASK was a 3rd gen Camaro---it was basically a red KITT. Equally wrong for a Mustang.

Obligatory link to MASK opening:

(still one of the all-time best 80's intros)

I was referring to the 'boxy' look it had in the cartoon. See 0:27-0:30 in the clip.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

The Thunderhawk in MASK was a 3rd gen Camaro---it was basically a red KITT. Equally wrong for a Mustang.

Obligatory link to MASK opening:

(still one of the all-time best 80's intros)
And, like everything else from the 80s, is a lot better in my memory than reality.

Sorry to continue off topic but regarding mask....does anyone remember an episode that had the MASK team guarding some sort of new military jet that could fold up to be compact enough to be transported in a cargo plane...or something to that effect. I just remember loving that plane when I was a kid....thought it looked so cool. And yes, the MASK theme rules!!

Chris

Fun fact: I was just reading an interview recently with Shinji Aramaki (Mospeada, Megazone 23, Bubblegum Crisis, Appleseed, etc.), and he mentions how he'd take breaks from his work at Artmic to design toys/vehicles for American properties, particularly M.A.S.K.!

He also proudly declared that the Transformer (Microman) Soundwave was his design. :)

More OT: Top 10 80's cartoon intros, starting with Visionaries:

(Hunt around, and you'll also find the 30 min one, and the 5-part series) Best theme I never knew about before: Mighty Orbots. Best theme not included in any list: Denver the Last Dinosaur.

Also, plenty of KITT vs KARR on youtube.

(Hunt around, and you'll also find the 30 min one, and the 5-part series) Best theme I never knew about before: Mighty Orbots. Best theme not included in any list: Denver the Last Dinosaur.

The Mighty Orbots were awesome! I loved that show. But so my brother and I wouldn't fight, my mom had us alternate who got to pick on Saturday mornings: I got o'clocks, and he got the thirties (or vice versa). There was some show I liked better than the Orbots like right before or it, and my brother hated it, so I wound up picking it and when the Orbots were on he picked Muppet Babies.

EDIT: DUDE! DINOSAUCERS! I completely forgot about that show, but it kicked ass!

Man... I know most of the shows I liked as a kid suck today, but I wish they'd come out on DVD anyway. At least in some sort of 80's collections with maybe one or two episodes a piece.

Edited by mikeszekely

Ahhh, Visionaries... from when holograms were new and awesome.

Hell, holograms are still awesome. More companies need to use them.

It's all fun & games until someone posts...

Back semi on topic though, considering everything else including Happy Days & Dukes of Hazard had a cartoon, I'm really surprised they never did a Knight Rider cartoon.

Edited by Keith

Back semi on topic though, considering everything else including Happy Days & Dukes of Hazard had a cartoon, I'm really surprised they never did a Knight Rider cartoon.

I don't think Airwolf, BlueThunder and Thunder in Paradise had cartoons either? Maybe 'super-vehicle' shows get left out.

*blinks*

Okay....

WHAT. THE. HELL. IS. THAT?

I think it was called Pole Position. :p

Yep, that's the new KITT we've been griping about for the last several pages. And all I can say is, I'd rather gave the grappling hook than the stereo system.

Also: Popular Mechanics is grossly mistaken about what KITT does and doesn't have VS the Ricer Mustang.

Keyless Entry? Check.

Mass spectrometer? Not stated, but given he did material analysis, he needed one.

AV in-dash? Yup.

Weapons-grade lasers? Well, for one episode anyways.

Biometric analysis? You betcha. Was even tied to the keyless entry system.

Boy the fan boys are not liking it. Shame most of them cant spell.

You mean there's actually such a thing as a Knight Rider fanboy? I admire the guts it takes to be such a person...

Psh. Driving around in a black Trans Am is about as gay as owning an orange Charger like in DOH. Oh wait, I have those cars... :rolleyes::lol:

Opps!!

I have a screen replica plate from The General Lee Made with the correct font and date stamp thingie that you U.S guys have on your plates. This is not one of those cheap plastic ones you see all over the place. it is genuine Georgia plate stock from the 70's all I need now is another 10,000 or so parts and I'll have my own General :)

• 1 month later...
Supposedly Val Kilmer is now the voice of KITT because the original voice actor's contract with GM prevents him from taking this role.

With GM?

The company that sent a legal notice to the producers requesting they not refer to KITT as a TransAm because they were sick of people asking dealerships for the TransAm with the Knight Rider computer in it?