1/48 VF-1J Super Valk Millia and Max reissues on HLJ

Briareos

I had just finally decided on getting the SV-51 when this got announced... argh, gotta decide...

The blue and red colors on the M&M valks, are they painted on or are they molded in color? I would have thought painted on but it seems like quite a large area for a paint app, almost the entire valk!

Meh, it seems kinda boring to me. It's alot like the Jetfires I use to repaint when I was younger ( almost all of which are now gone, I think my parents still have one in a toybox somewhere) The solid black just feels like something a little kid would paint, since it doesn't need any masking.

Egads! A quoted pic! Take it off before A7 gets here!

M&M are molded in color, with quite a bit of white paint. In addition to the wing/nose/tail striping of course, the "collarbone" area is mostly white paint, as are the front of the thighs and knees. Most of the rest of the white is molded, like the lower legs and nosecone. I can't think of any red/blue that's painted besides some diecast bits--nose gear doors, hip bars, central "spine" bar.

Egads! A quoted pic! Take it off before A7 gets here!

Oops, wasn't aware this was a no no :p

Post edited

wow, I feel bad for those who paid 300+ for these..... being patient sure pays off. ;):D:p:lol:

Lol, too bad Dimension didn't answer my PMs about his VF-1J Max in the sale section. I was really going to buy it used for $300. I figured that was a lot better than the the other chumps that paid over $400.

This is great news, I hope the QC is as good as the recent Stealths. Preordered, now I'm temped to get Millia too.

M&M are molded in color, with quite a bit of white paint. In addition to the wing/nose/tail striping of course, the "collarbone" area is mostly white paint, as are the front of the thighs and knees. Most of the rest of the white is molded, like the lower legs and nosecone. I can't think of any red/blue that's painted besides some diecast bits--nose gear doors, hip bars, central "spine" bar.

Thanks David! :) Sounds good, Max has always been my favourite ever since I watched Robotech many many years ago, really leaning towards getting that instead of the SV-51!

Just noticed today that HLJ has pushed the restock date out from July to September :huh:

A bit more time to save up or were Yamato testing the water for demand and got a bit more than they bargained for <_<

Yep. Not everyone reads MW or other anime sites. Lucky me I guess.

But he wasn't the only one bidding so if you got 'em, it might be wise to sell them now. :ph34r:

hehehe right, lucky us, was desperate in getting the M&M!

Check out the money shot for the preorder of Max at BBTS.

Here's the link for BBTS's order for Max (similar link can be found for Miria)

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...amp;picture=out

Someone knows how to play with their valk. It just makes me wonder how they got the "beans over the frank..." XD

Edited by PsYcHoDyNaMiX

Someone knows how to play with their valk. It just makes me wonder how they got the "beans over the frank..." XD

Haahahahahahaahaha. That's pretty sad. :(

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

That's gotta be the worst accidental mistransformation ever.

Looking at the auction one notices how the winner spiked the auction. (He won it within the last minute never bidding on it until now) Ha! Evidence that karma exists. Then again some of the bids look like shill bidding.

Didn't look like shill bidding to me. Only one bidder had less than 50 positive ratings (but had more than 9), and all had 100% positive feedback. In my limited experience with shill bidding, people rarely use their "real" account when shill bidding. Also, the seller is a fellow MWer, and we probably shouldn't imply that he was being dishonest without having some kind of proof.

Edited by mister_e

Didn't look like shill bidding to me. Only one bidder had less than 50 positive ratings (but had more than 9), and all had 100% positive feedback. In my limited experience with shill bidding, people rarely use their "real" account when shill bidding. Also, the seller is a fellow MWer, and we probably shouldn't imply that he was being dishonest without having some kind of proof.

True dat. But in my defense.

It just looked suspicious to me. Why someone would bid 6 times in a row pumping the price from $250 to $350 within three minutes when there is noone outbidding him and the auction still has about 40 minutes to go? And yet he doesn't bid at the last minute.

Somewhere, in a windswept desert, standing amidst box after box of Max and Milia 1/48s, LordKungFu stands and stares despondently. . . a solitary tear slowly creeping down his cheek.

True dat. But in my defense.

It just looked suspicious to me. Why someone would bid 6 times in a row pumping the price from $250 to $350 within three minutes when there is noone outbidding him and the auction still has about 40 minutes to go? And yet he doesn't bid at the last minute.

Well in MY defense... :lol:

Sorry to burst your bubble, but no shill bidding, no conspiracy. The guy paid and I had no problems. I have no idea about why people on ebay bid the way they do. I'm rarely on there selling my stuff anyways, it's too much of a hassle. Go through my old posts and see that I offered Max here on MW several times, the last time being at a reduced $335 price or for a G1 Jetfire.

If it helps any, folks on the board have met and dealt with me in person. I'm honest here and on ebay. Like I mentioned, not everyone reads MW or has access to that info. So I put my Max up the same day I heard about the rerelease on MW.

Again, if you have Max valks to sell, my friendly advice is to do it now before word of rerelease gets further out. In fact, I see that there's one up there right now.

Me? I'm getting the rereleases too. B))

Good News :D

Now hopefully i can get at least one of each before they are all sold out :unsure::wacko:

Yeah, I hope the Hikaru Super VF-1J is also reissued. Missed out on that one and the after market prices are ridiculuous.

I know this will cost a lot let alone postage and really make me angry at least :o:angry: but.....

if they made a 1/48 Hikaru TVfastpack/GBP-01/VF-1J pack now that would really turn me into something like a fighter :angry:

DOH!! I just noticed

I do not whether to cry to laugh at that pic :unsure:

Edited by altermodes

I'm not sure if anyone else has noticed yet but HLJ pushed their restock date back from July to September. Looks like I'll have a little more time to save for these then. ^_^