1/48 VF-1J Super Valk Millia and Max reissues on HLJ

Briareos

Awww man, there goes the neighborhood on my investment. And I was soo hoping to sell my M&M sets on ebay... ;) Um yeah right. Good to see they rerelease these but I am not getting them. My house is already gonna kill me plus I already have enough M&Ms from the first batch.

Edited by Godzilla

Lol I also placed my first ever Preoder on HLJ O_o

I don't generally believe in pre-ordering things, especially toys. I've also never ordered from HLJ. All that being said, my pre-order has been placed :p I will not miss out on Max's Super 1J again

And to think I had given up hope of getting a 1/48th Millia to go with my Max. (Can't have Max on his own - poor chap gets understandably morose when Milia isn't around). This is good news for my collection - very bad news for my wallet mind you.

Don't think I will be able to resist picking up the Milia - it is my favourite TV Valk colour scheme after all.

Karl

I don't generally believe in pre-ordering things, especially toys. I've also never ordered from HLJ. All that being said, my pre-order has been placed :p I will not miss out on Max's Super 1J again

Lol I also placed my first ever Preoder on HLJ O_o

You two have nothing to worry about. I've been ordering from HLJ for nearly 10 years, and I've never been burned. And mind you I've ordered alot of stuff over the years, from small 5.00 SD gundams kits to the really pricey Yamatos so I've had plenty of chances for something to go wrong.

If I buy both, will shipping double?

www.xe.com :)

4700 yen(EMS shipping) x 2 = 9400 yen = $79.79 USD

you might want to go with toy-wave or some other HK based seller, they'll probably be a little cheaper since they won't force you to ship EMS.

Dammit!!! I just dropped 350 last month for a Max because i didn't think they were going to release it anytime soon. Oh well maybe now i will get a Miriya. I never wanted it before but might as well get one now just in case they stop selling them again.

For real? That's a bummer. Keep it for a long time and maybe they will get hard to find again in future. As a general rule: if it isn't the Limited Edition, like the low vis 1 and credit card valk, it's best to assume they will just get reissued.

When is yamato going to make the green alaska base valk?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

For real? That's a bummer. Keep it for a long time and maybe they will get hard to find again in future. As a general rule: if it isn't the Limited Edition, like the low vis 1 and credit card valk, it's best to assume they will just get reissued.

When is yamato going to make the green alaska base valk?

Credit card valk? What's that?

There's a green Alaska Base valk? I ddn't notice that in the series.

EDIT: Sorry for the quick multiple posts. Didn't realize I was on the same page.

Edited by gian7675

You see a predominantly white with some green colored VF-1A's in the TV series, towards the last 1/3 of the whole show.

IIRC, it's when Misa visits Alaska / Grand Cannon Base to visit the Admiral. You see maybe 2 of these green & white valks standing guard.

Edited by Warmaker

Credit card valk? What's that?

I'm trying to do this all off of memory, so someone correct me if I get any of my facts mixed up.

A couple years back there was an offer for a limited edition all-black VF-1J Valk'. Problem was that it was limited to just three valks. And you would have to sign up for a Japanese credit card just in order to get into the drawing for one of these rare birds.

I'm trying to do this all off of memory, so someone correct me if I get any of my facts mixed up.

A couple years back there was an offer for a limited edition all-black VF-1J Valk'. Problem was that it was limited to just three valks. And you would have to sign up for a Japanese credit card just in order to get into the drawing for one of these rare birds.

are there any pics of those all black valks?

Oh, I could convert it myself - I was just wondering if HLJ had something where only the first item was uber expensive and the rest was a modest charge on top of that. Dang.

Actually, the shipping cost varies from what you see. It might be a bit more expensive [say, 4950 yen] but two items together will definitely not cost 9000+. They combine shipping and depending on the weight difference, it could be cheaper than you expected. I once had three HCM Pro figures shipped together, expecting a shipping charge of about 4000 yen. It only cost 2000 yen.

On topic-just got Max for myself. Having the set is nice, but paying that obscure amount for two identical moulds is too much.

I love this more than the stealth 1J and all the different shades of grey.

Meh, it seems kinda boring to me. It's alot like the Jetfires I use to repaint when I was younger ( almost all of which are now gone, I think my parents still have one in a toybox somewhere) The solid black just feels like something a little kid would paint, since it doesn't need any masking.

Edited by Busted VF1A

I just wish we had better pictures of this credit card valk. It looks very plain, but the pictures are so small. Oh well, if anyone has the "completist" bug, at least this scheme should be pretty easy to reproduce. I wonder if it came with any kind of special packaging or a certificate of authenticity or anything of the like?