Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

I like Halo, but im not one of those that spooge for it or anything thats ever released for it. But you're right. I'm not a hardcore enough of a console gamer to warrant an Elite edition (although its really tempting). So I'll probably end up with the Halo edition. Just want to make sure it has HDMI out and all that jazz for the HD displays.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys.

if you want to be sure you're getting an HDMI premium box, order it off amazon. They actually have a seperate SKU just for the HDMI version.

Preview article

some not-so-good news contained in there- only 15 real planes, and only 15 missions...

The Flankers are probably not included in the 15, from what I heard, there are only 15 licensed planes, the sukhois are not licensed in the game. Knowing the flanker fetish prevalent in arcade flight games, theres probably 5 Flankers in the game. :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

The voice acting and script are awful. The radio chatter is ridiculous, why are fighter pilots listening to FM radio DJ's and video communication from police officers on the ground? Not to mention when you character WHINES about the orders given to retreat at the end of the demo. I worry it'll blemish what could otherwise be an outstanding game.

All the above you mentioned was in at least the past two Ace Combat games as well. The last mission on Ace Combat 5 has an entire allied air fleet - including the AWACs - singing together as it flies into the fight. Ace Combat is a fun game to play, but suspension of disbelief is the first victim of any battle fought in its world. :)

Edit: I don't think that would be "your" character on the radio, the Ace Combat games usually have no dialogue for the player and instead wingmen chatter away merrily; this can be a little embarrassing if they're going on about what a legendary pilot you are just before you fly upside-down into a tree. :)

And yes, the accents, dialogue and story from that trailer are exactly what I'd expect from an Ace Combat game. Long may it stay that way! :lol:

Edited by F-ZeroOne

• 3 weeks later...

I'm worried about online dogfight............

because it's not a flight sim game. it's a action shooting game. NO AERO DYNAMIC system there.

if u have 2P experience in acecombat 4 or 0. human vs human dogfight is boring.

do you remember why you can shoot down so many AI aircraft in story mode?

the answer is not you are an ace pilot or what

the answer is all AI aircraft are stupid. they never try hard to catch your six too attack you.

:(

I'm worried about online dogfight............

because it's not a flight sim game. it's a action shooting game. NO AERO DYNAMIC system there.

do you remember why you can shoot down so many AI aircraft in story mode?

the answer is not you are an ace pilot or what

the answer is all AI aircraft are stupid. they never try hard to catch your six too attack you.

:(

I agree to an extent man, however I think the "High G" system they have implemented might help. If you initiate it, your plane bleeds speed more rapidly in the game, and that system will be the most abused by players. Well I hope it will help, not really sure. I got tired of dogfighting friends in the PS2 Ace Combats, because it usually ended up being never ending circle battles, holding R1 and pulling up all the time to dodge missles. With the high g system, the turns are tighter once initiated, so maybe regular turns without the high g initiated have a wider radius. One can only hope multiplayer dogfighting will be fun. I think it will be, but I hope it stays fun.

*btw, are you the same Beterhans on youtube with the amazing aerodancing videos?*

lol...

yes that's me....

I thing no one will use such a strange name except me :)

currently I play LOCKON with my friends

and learning MS Flight sim X

I don't have a X360. but i think if you looking for online Dogfight on a Console

(Gunz only) : the best is AeroDaning I on dreamcast. but unfortunately the service has been shut down for many years.

(Missiles or something else): the best should be OverG fighter on X360.

Looky! http://www.acecombatsix.com/?utm_source=Pe...rcade+Home+Page (near the upper left side)

I believe there's at least one real former F-14 pilot at the main Ace Combat forum.

What exactly are you refering to in the upper left side?

Last night I checked out the page where you identify which pictures are from AC6 and which are real life. Only missed one, but you got to give Namco some serious props on how more and more realistic this series has gotten in the graphics department.

BTW, still debating on if to get the full AC6 (with stick and throttle) pack or not.

I agree that human vs human gets boring very quickly, but I'm hoping through Xbox Live that we'll be able to have two teams of 4 planes each dogfighting each other. Or even two teams of 8 planes each. A deathmatch involving 8 planes with every man for himself should be pretty intense also.

R.e: Military vs Civilian:

"Razgriz Flight, this is Heartbreak One. Unidentified bogies at twelve o'clock. All pilots, report in."

"This is Razgriz 2, Edge, standing by."

"This is Razgriz 3, Chopper - whoo-hoo! Action at last!"

"Cut the chatter, Razgriz 3. Razgriz 4, you there? Blaze, report in."

"..."

"<breathlessly> Ragriz 4, this is Razgriz 2. You are truly insightful. Hopefully, one day I shall share your insight and we and our nations can move towards a new era of peace and... "

"This is, er, Razgriz 5. Callsign... um... Keith."

"...and together we will march fearlessly into - wait, what did you say?"

"His callsign is what?! Oh, man... "

"..."

"<pause> This is Heartbreak One. Ragriz 5, please repeat last transmission. Everything after "um"."

"Uh. This is Razgriz 5, Keith. From accounting. Erm, you know, just down the hall from human resources?"

"<under breath> Give me strength... this is Heartbreak One, no time for this now! Incoming missiles! Razgriz flight, break!"

"Razgriz 2, roger!"

"Razgriz 3, yee-hah!"

"..."

"Ragriz 5... try not to get shot down, anyone, I'll be up all night filling in the forms... "

;)

I agree that human vs human gets boring very quickly, but I'm hoping through Xbox Live that we'll be able to have two teams of 4 planes each dogfighting each other. Or even two teams of 8 planes each. A deathmatch involving 8 planes with every man for himself should be pretty intense also.

Its 8v8 or up to 16 player dogfighting. Namco was trying to implement 32 player online, but I'm not sure if they were able to put it in.

Also, does anyone know if the stick/throttle will work on Over-G and other games? I heard the bad thing about the throttle and stick is that you can't map the buttons.

Edited by Shin Densetsu Kai 7.0

• 2 weeks later...

Gamestop is giving away faceplates for pre-ordering. There's 4 different ones, but pics are too small to see. I'll check it out soon---I'd rather get the faceplate I want and the game a bit later by getting it in person at a local store, then Gamestop's infamous "random pick" of stuff.

PS---Seems Gamestop and BB are both offering a disc of goodies for pre-ordering Mass Effect. Going to check that out too---might just pre-order with the minimum amount to get the disc, then order it online to get it immediately upon release.

Gamestop is giving away faceplates for pre-ordering. There's 4 different ones, but pics are too small to see. I'll check it out soon---I'd rather get the faceplate I want and the game a bit later by getting it in person at a local store, then Gamestop's infamous "random pick" of stuff.

PS---Seems Gamestop and BB are both offering a disc of goodies for pre-ordering Mass Effect. Going to check that out too---might just pre-order with the minimum amount to get the disc, then order it online to get it immediately upon release.

Wait, so if we preordered, can we get the faceplates now, or do we have to pick it up when the game comes in?

I'm going out tomorrow to look for both the faceplate and Mass Effect goodies. If there's no faceplates until it ships, then I'll preorder there so I can pick mine out. F-15E is a given, but the pic is so tiny I can't tell any of them. I mean, an F-14 faceplate would be awesome, and I'd hate to miss out, especially when they're free. (Hopefully they'll be of decent enough printing quality to actually look good and use)

At least some stores got in the face plates today, going out soon to check. It also seems that if you ordered the flight stick, there's a face plate inside the box, and it's different from the pre-order faceplates.

I got the flight stick for Ace Combat 5, and I kinda regretted it, so I'm passing on the 360 flight stick. The stick was extremely cool, but after playing Ace Combat since 2 with a controller, the stick just felt alien to me.

Is there any pictures of what the faceplates look like? How about the one that comes with the complete package? I decided to take the plunge last week and preordered the boxset. The guy at Gamestop confirmed that they were getting the extra faceplates as part of the preorder.

Nope, no faceplates here yet. Don't even think they knew what I was talking about. (Different crew from who I pre-ordered from). And they're not getting the game until Wed.

With a few exceptions like Halo and what not, games aren't actually street dated like movies. When you see a date online, that's the date the game ships to retail. In Gamestop/EB's case, you always add one day.