Ace Combat 6:Skies of Liberation for XBOX360!

F-22 Ace scheme is a very blue one. It's still 'standard' F-22 camo pattern, just quite blue with a lot more contrast than the others.

The F-14D Ace scheme is the F-14B/D prototype scheme--white with red/blue striping.

9 missions down, 6 to go on my speed run. Running about plus 2 mins from an "excellent" time. (Need to do it in less than 2:05 to get it---one guy did it in 1:50 and posted all his times---I'm 2 minutes slower than him---so I have 13 mins to spare over the next 6 missions-----only because I did amazingly well in missions 7 and 9)---before that I was running about 30-60 secs over his times. Which was cutting it VERY close----he had 15 mins to spare, and 1 min over compiled across 15 missions.... If I'm lucky I can have the final medal in a little over an hour more of playing time.

5:14 to take down the Aigaion and Strigon---with a Typhoon. (In retrospect, an Su-33 would have been better---I needed better yaw control, not the Typhoon's larger weapon load) Only mission so far I didn't use the CFA-44. I do wonder if rockets would be better than ADMM in some ground missions. (I KNEW they'd be better for the Aigaion---I'm using all 3 save slots just in case, so if something goes bad I don't have to re-do more than a few missions)

I played a lot of online today. Just some random musings....

It really irritated me when someone would ask for help, but they wouldn't tell me what their handle was so I could go over and help. Them: "Help me!", me: "Ok, I'll assist, what's your handle?", them: "Help me! Hurry!". Sorry, dude, I'm not psychic.

If it helps, that was very much a problem for real fighter pilots too... :)

Meanwhile, at a remote airbase in a green and pleasant land...

"Control, this is Fury Squadron. Any trade for us yet?"

"Checking... negative, Fury Squadron. Remain on stand by until called for."

"Don't wish to cause a fuss, old chap, but thats what you said last week. Its getting to be a bit of a frightful bore, what?"

"Fury Squadron, transmission coming in. Stand by... "

"They're killing us! They're killing us! They're all over us! Help us! Someone please help us, for the love of - BBEEEeee... "

"Finally! Control, this is Fury Squadron, ready to scramble... "

"Negative, Fury Squadron. Your assistance not required at this time. Stand by."

"Oh, for the love of... this is a jolly poor show, really. Fury Squadron, standing by... "

Yes, AC6 has been postponed another week in the UK...

F-22 Ace scheme is a very blue one. It's still 'standard' F-22 camo pattern, just quite blue with a lot more contrast than the others.

The F-14D Ace scheme is the F-14B/D prototype scheme--white with red/blue striping.

9 missions down, 6 to go on my speed run. Running about plus 2 mins from an "excellent" time. (Need to do it in less than 2:05 to get it---one guy did it in 1:50 and posted all his times---I'm 2 minutes slower than him---so I have 13 mins to spare over the next 6 missions-----only because I did amazingly well in missions 7 and 9)---before that I was running about 30-60 secs over his times. Which was cutting it VERY close----he had 15 mins to spare, and 1 min over compiled across 15 missions.... If I'm lucky I can have the final medal in a little over an hour more of playing time.

5:14 to take down the Aigaion and Strigon---with a Typhoon. (In retrospect, an Su-33 would have been better---I needed better yaw control, not the Typhoon's larger weapon load) Only mission so far I didn't use the CFA-44. I do wonder if rockets would be better than ADMM in some ground missions. (I KNEW they'd be better for the Aigaion---I'm using all 3 save slots just in case, so if something goes bad I don't have to re-do more than a few missions)

GE F110 test bed color scheme? YES! First time used in an AC game! Makes me want to beat the game on hard, go on expert and hunting that sucker down. F-22 SP scheme sounds interesting.

F-22 and F-14 are the hardest Ace schemes to get. The F-14 doesn't seem to show up a lot of the time. It's operation "C" I think, stage 13. So either do operation C first, or last. (I'd try first).

The F-22 is time-based. Beat the first half of the mission as quick as possible, and I do mean FAST. CFA-44 w/ADMM is about the only thing that can do it probably. Go east to the bombers, then loop around to the west. Once all helis, B-52's, and C-17's are down, if you were quick enough, Rafales and F-18's show up to the west. Take them down quick enough, and the F-22 ace appears. Took me several tries.

F-22 and F-14 are the hardest Ace schemes to get. The F-14 doesn't seem to show up a lot of the time. It's operation "C" I think, stage 13. So either do operation C first, or last. (I'd try first).

The F-22 is time-based. Beat the first half of the mission as quick as possible, and I do mean FAST. CFA-44 w/ADMM is about the only thing that can do it probably. Go east to the bombers, then loop around to the west. Once all helis, B-52's, and C-17's are down, if you were quick enough, Rafales and F-18's show up to the west. Take them down quick enough, and the F-22 ace appears. Took me several tries.

Alrighty, so there are three paint schemes for each plane then? How do I unlock the third one? Do I have to be in that Ace of Aces mode?

There are 3 schemes for every plane. Shoot down the ace to get the 3rd scheme. Aces only show up in expert and higher modes. NOBODY has Ace of Aces yet.

Exception: CFA-44. 2nd scheme is acquired by buying every scheme and weapon for every other plane (which means all aces have to be found and shot down). 3rd scheme requires all operation medals, S on every mission from Normal through Ace, the 2nd scheme, and 15 other "reward" medals.

If Mygamercard.net would update already, it'd show I'm #2 in the USA, achievement-wise.

http://www.mygamercard.net/leaderboard.php...p;x=35&y=15

I have 760, but it still shows my score from 2 days ago, despite it updating my overall score. Also--darn, I was planning on being #1, since nobody had over 750 yesterday. At best I could tie, but it'd take well over an hour. Eh, I'll probably never get past 760. In 30 mins of trying the best I could manage to set up was a 1-on-1 Battle Royale. There's just nobody online, especially in anything not team battle. Can't imagine how people have the 100 siege and 100 royale wins. I haven't SEEN 100 siege battles available to play, much less participated.

Not AFAIK. MGC did update though--#2 in US, #21 in world. :) (And I got my Mass Effect tracking number)

Congrats, my friend. I'll settle for saying I know #2. I can't figure out my US ranking, but I'm 7770 in the world. That at least puts me in the top 25%. I might go back and play it some more after the holidays, but Rock Band, Mass Effect, Mario Galaxy, and Call of Duty are all begging to be played right now.

2nded, I am surprised no one has put screengrabs of every fighter. I've only seen the CFA-44. They did it with 0 and X, why not 6?

What is Ace of Aces?

That question comes up on Gamefaqs a lot, but I don't think I ever saw a real solid answer.

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmessag...;topic=39621807

I think what the first guy said sounds plausible. I highly doubt what another said that it's DLC you can only obtain after getting 1000 achievement points.

Another person posted this link

http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/14327/Ace-Combat-6-Update

"Super-High Difficulty Missions: Gamers that have mastered every aspect of the game will be able to download all-new missions that are extremely difficult and feature new enemy types that aren't found anywhere else in the game. The pilot that can complete these missions is truly an Ace among Aces!"

and postulated that it's one of the last three things mentioned on that page(which I pasted above). Unfortunately this is dated from back in August(About the time that I sent in for my 5 free HD movies that have yet to arrive, grrrrr).

Edit: fixing and amending my mess

Edited by Alpha OTS

If it takes all 1000 gamerpoints---it's not worth it.

50 team wins took me quite a few evenings online (unlocked tonight, started the 28th of Oct). 100 would take several more. I won more than I lost.

100 siege battles would take 2 to 3 times as long due to inherently longer battles.

100 battle royales would probably take as long as 100 siege, due to being harder to win----"no points for 2nd place".

Plus, I've gone through the campaign 7 times now. Kinda sick of it (because it's mediocre to start with). I think only AC4 had more play-throughs--but they were fun every time. Heck, that may beat AC4. (I played AC4 a lot to be able to afford all the X-02's--they cost so much you'd spend an entire campaign getting enough money to buy ONE paint scheme--but the white one was worth the money)

PS---anyone else find the impact crater in AC6? Only one AFAIK, final stage, east side of the only big island. If you veer slightly right near when you finally get to the chandelier itself you should pass over it. Being at high altitude helps see it.

I need to stop reading everything about this game. I loved AC4, 5, and 0, and it just hurts not being able to play it. I keep holding out hope that since MS got the license on their system, they'll try a PC version. I'd be willing to fork over quite a bit to play any AC game on a PC with a full joystick/throttle/rudder pedal setup.

Probably not likely though :( PC flight games get raked over the coals if they aren't real enough.. but I'm tired of consoles getting all the fun flight games, while PC's only get rivet-counter sims. There hasn't been a good fun-oriented air combat game on the PC since.. well, I would say X-Wing vs Tie Fighter or Freespace 2, but those are in space. There have been lots of sims with multiplayer, but the majority of them are WWII era. I know Novalogic had a series of multiplayer games with Mig-29s and F-16s, but that was 10 years ago now.

I've tried coming up with more reasons to get a 360 than this game, but I just can't justify it yet.. hopefully somewhere along the way, I'll have the spare cash and boredom to get it. :huh:

Btw, if it's anything like AC0, you should be able to unlock the schemes in free mission mode.

Edited by Chronocidal

[quote name='Chronocidal' date='Nov 20 2007, 11:24 PM' post='533398'Probably not likely though :( PC flight games get raked over the coals if they aren't real enough.. but I'm tired of consoles getting all the fun flight games, while PC's only get rivet-counter sims. There hasn't been a good fun-oriented air combat game on the PC since.. well, I would say X-Wing vs Tie Fighter or Freespace 2, but those are in space. There have been lots of sims with multiplayer, but the majority of them are WWII era. I know Novalogic had a series of multiplayer games with Mig-29s and F-16s, but that was 10 years ago now.

The original PC version of Crimson Skies might fit your bill, as would Heroes of the Pacific. They're both Props-n-Bullets games, but both have multiplayer and both are very much skewed towards fun over realism.

Are you using the CFA-44? If you're just hunting for the Ace, the -44 makes everything go faster. Also, I think I found her by doing the ship part of the mission first. Some say she appears on the carrier just before or after it sinks, but I think she just "teleported in" at 15,000ft in the vicinity.

Operations B and C take the longest by far. I usually do A-D-E-F in about that order. Or D-E-F-A.

Still on the hunt for F-14D Valet. Mission 13 is difficult and takes long to beat on expert mode.

I just had a HELL of a time doing that mission on hard. I'd be interested in hearing how you're doing it. I hate that all the enemy vehicles involved don't fly by any semblence of real physics whatsoever. I love how they zoom onto my tail and then zoom out in a completely different direction ala a UFO.

Here's what I ended up doing. I flew in one direction and went as fast as I could. Those &^@%@^# drones followed me in a straight line. After I pulled enough ahead, I High G'd straight up and back into them, fired my XMA6 into the group of them. I'd usually hit one or two. I did this until I slimmed out the herd. Pasternak was easier to target this way because all the drones would be out of the way and behind me. Doing all this in the ems zone in the bay helped, but was a pain to maintain.

Are you using the CFA-44? If you're just hunting for the Ace, the -44 makes everything go faster. Also, I think I found her by doing the ship part of the mission first. Some say she appears on the carrier just before or after it sinks, but I think she just "teleported in" at 15,000ft in the vicinity.

Operations B and C take the longest by far. I usually do A-D-E-F in about that order. Or D-E-F-A.

Actually David, in Campaign mode I'm still on hard difficulty. So I haven't unlocked the CFA-44 just yet. I'm trying to hunt down Valet in free mission on expert difficulty. Thanks for the tips, thats the most helpful advice I've read with regards to unlocking the SP cat yet! :)

I just had a HELL of a time doing that mission on hard. I'd be interested in hearing how you're doing it. I hate that all the enemy vehicles involved don't fly by any semblence of real physics whatsoever. I love how they zoom onto my tail and then zoom out in a completely different direction ala a UFO.

Here's what I ended up doing. I flew in one direction and went as fast as I could. Those &^@%@^# drones followed me in a straight line. After I pulled enough ahead, I High G'd straight up and back into them, fired my XMA6 into the group of them. I'd usually hit one or two. I did this until I slimmed out the herd. Pasternak was easier to target this way because all the drones would be out of the way and behind me. Doing all this in the ems zone in the bay helped, but was a pain to maintain.

Haven't tried it on hard yet, but expert is difficult. On normal mode I did end up gunning down Pasternak. It was satisfying to kill him off guns only after hearing the missle alarms nonstop throughout that entire mission. That bastard shot at me while I was landing on a recaptured base to rearm! I actually don't remember how I went about in that mission. All I remember is a ton of dodging and the constant missle alert.

Shin--do you have other ace schemes? I'm surprised they "allow" you to go in expert mode and free mission and get them, without winning hard or expert campaign.

As for Pasternak---use your radar. He always uses ECM when he "decloaks" (hey, that's what it seems like) and that paints a nice big blip on your radar. That's how to find him. Also--ALLIED ATTACK. I've taken him down many times without firing a shot. I've taken him down in 15 secs----because of allies.

As for Pasternak---use your radar. He always uses ECM when he "decloaks" (hey, that's what it seems like) and that paints a nice big blip on your radar. That's how to find him. Also--ALLIED ATTACK. I've taken him down many times without firing a shot. I've taken him down in 15 secs----because of allies.

On normal, that's what I did. On hard, I swear the ally attacks weren't hitting anything.

Shin--do you have other ace schemes? I'm surprised they "allow" you to go in expert mode and free mission and get them, without winning hard or expert campaign.

David, the only ace schemes I got now are the F-22 and F-14D. Oh and you were wrong by the way, its actually the Tomcat 21 scheme! B)) I like the B/D testbed colors more, but the Tomcat 21 is a pleasant surprise! Wasn't expecting that one at all. Not once has that one ever shown up in Ace Combat, much less games in general at all. This is definitely a first. I will hunt down more aces because the regular Estovakian colors suck for the most part.

The Windhover falcon seems to bleed speed while turning, even without using High-G. More mobility for a loss in stability. This plane will stall as quick as the SU-33. If it had the durability of the AC2/Scarface Falcon, & the stability of the AC2 Falcon, it would be the ULTIMATE falcon in Ace Combat. Oh and add in more mobility.

Oh and you were wrong by the way, its actually the Tomcat 21 scheme!

David was wrong about something aircraft related? :blink: I feel like the foundation of my belief system has been shattered!

In all seriousness, apparently Shimada Fumikane is less than happy with Ace Combat 6.

David was wrong about something aircraft related? :blink: I feel like the foundation of my belief system has been shattered!

In all seriousness, apparently Shimada Fumikane is less than happy with Ace Combat 6.

He didn't explicitly say why though, speaking of which, just who is Shimada Fumikane?. The Sp scheme for the Tomcat is easy to confuse if its just glanced at, the color schemes have the same colors, so its understandable why David thought it was the testbed version instead.

Also, instead of a 21 on the vertical stabilizers, the SP Tomcat has 66 instead. I'm very surprised Namco chose this color scheme.

He didn't explicitly say why though, speaking of which, just who is Shimada Fumikane?. The Sp scheme for the Tomcat is easy to confuse if its just glanced at, the color schemes have the same colors, so its understandable why David thought it was the testbed version instead.

Also, instead of a 21 on the vertical stabilizers, the SP Tomcat has 66 instead. I'm very surprised Namco chose this color scheme.

He's a mecha designer. He did Konami's Mecha Musume line, as well as OVAs like Strike Witches and Sky Girls. And the way I read his comment, it sounds like he thought Expert was too hard.

As for David, I'm just joking, I'm sure he knows. I'd be happy to know even a third of what he knows about military aircraft.

He's a mecha designer. He did Konami's Mecha Musume line, as well as OVAs like Strike Witches and Sky Girls. And the way I read his comment, it sounds like he thought Expert was too hard.

As for David, I'm just joking, I'm sure he knows. I'd be happy to know even a third of what he knows about military aircraft.

Its definitely difficult, but too long would be a better reason. I don't mind some of the missions being long, but a lot of them taking nearly an hour to complete is too much. More missions/shorter time>less missions/longer time

I rank the Tomcat schemes in the following from greatest to least:

1-F-14D Valet(Tomcat 21 scheme)

2-Jacko cat(Halloweed Tomcat from pack 1)

3-Black Knights(Emmeria scheme)

4-NFWS Fallon F-14D(regular Estovokian scheme)

Posting this in two threads because it's appropriate to both:

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/1286859/L/

Even cooler than a vapor shockwave, is a sheer distortion shockwave (also much harder to photograph). And no, this ISN'T photoshopped.

So yes, AC6's "warp waves" that "peel off" the plane are somewhat correct, it's not purely a "heat waves for the engines" thing.

Very awesome pic David, thanks for the link.

Played against others in battle royale last night, 2 of the guys kept cussing the entire way through. This was annoying. I was going to turn my mic off but decided hearing them was more incentive to shoot them down, which I did. Towards the later matches they said "stop using the XLAA!", to which I replied "I'll stop using the XLAA if YOU STOP USING THE QAAMs". XLAA is not hard to dodge at all. Being that one of them was using the SU-47, always using the QAAM, and bragging about it, why should he complain? The XLAA has the least accurate range of all the SP missles. One got mad when I called him an QAAM spammer, and then he got all defensive(his comments were degrading & annoying btw). After hearing him batty and moan for a couple minutes, I replied "WELL I WOULDN'T HAVE SAID THAT IF YOU WOULD JUST STFU AND PLAY". Damn kids and their "cussing is cool" mentality. After I said that I took him by surprise and he wasn't as vocal, but still annoying.

BTW, there are some of you worried that you will encounter the exact same thing. That is the FIRST time that ever happened to me, and I have played a lot of matches. Most players are level headed and nowhere near as annoying and foul mouthed. In fact some of the best rarely say anything.

BTW, there are some of you worried that you will encounter the exact same thing. That is the FIRST time that ever happened to me, and I have played a lot of matches. Most players are level headed and nowhere near as annoying and foul mouthed. In fact some of the best rarely say anything.

I really haven't had any problems with the AC6 online community so far. The few times some idiot started talking like an idiot, everybody present told them to shut up, and they did. The only thing I don't like are hosts who won't start the game until every slot is filled. So you sit there for five to ten minutes waiting when you could have just played with the 8 to 10 people you already had present. And 8 to 10 is much more preferable than 16, imo.

I'm still a little bummed that no one's playing siege, and the only team battle seems to be team battle 1. I'm still trying to figure out this scoring business and how to play. The most number of points I've ever had in a match was 6000. I average around 3 to 4000. There's people who consistently get 10,000+, and I can't figure out how they're doing it. I'm wondering if I'm dogfighting properly. People mention QAAM spamming, but that never gets me anywhere. I've seen people stay out of the hornet's nest and XLAA into it from a distance, but after players identify them, they don't much get away with that any more.