The Watchmen

wolfx

What did you think of the Watchmen movie?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Rate the Watchmen movie

• 5 stars - Its awesome! I love it! I couldn't ask for more.
    • 4 stars - Pretty good adaptation. Wished it was more accurate to the comic though.
    • 3 stars - It was alright. They shouldn't have mosaic-ed Manhattan's unmentionables.
    • 2 stars - Barely passable....they got alot of facts from the comic wrong! The timelines are screwed up!
    • 1 star - The only great thing about this movie were the sex scenes
  2. 2. Did you read the Watchmen comic before watching the movie? Did you enjoy the movie overall?

• Read the comic , enjoyed the movie.
    • Read the comic, hated the movie.
    • Did not read the comic, enjoyed the movie.
    • Did no read the comic, hated the movie.

The report also outlined conflicting requests for a trial date: as early as next June, if Fox has its way, or April, if Warner prevails.

Well it's 5 am here, so I'll need some help, but does this mean Fox has already been able to prevent a March release, and is trying to bump it off the summer season altogether? In the immortal works of the Monarch, "DICK MOVE!!" :angry:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The way Rorschach was running up that apparatus (jungle gym?) looked like he's a super-human in the film, I thought in the book he was just an average joe with detective skills and no real powers?

Looks promising still. Really hoping it isn't a stinker (aka League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

The way Rorschach was running up that apparatus (jungle gym?) looked like he's a super-human in the film, I thought in the book he was just an average joe with detective skills and no real powers?

Looks promising still. Really hoping it isn't a stinker (aka League of Extraordinary Gentlemen).

I thought so too, at first. But the more I look at it, the more I think its still humanly possibly (via parkour). My one gripe is that the 80's versions of Ozymandius and Nite Owl don't look old enough (or, in Nite Owl's case, chubby enoough).

The way I remember Rorschach is that he was just a plain Joe with a mask, I didn't think he was suppose to be acrobatic or anything like that unless they've tweaked him in the movie to have more skills.

Well for heroes that are suppose to be past their prime, the Watchmen look pretty young and in their mid 20s still, but hey it's a Hollywood film now...gotta have young and cool-looking characters for all the posters and comic-related items coming out soon.

The way I remember Rorschach is that he was just a plain Joe with a mask, I didn't think he was suppose to be acrobatic or anything like that unless they've tweaked him in the movie to have more skills.

Well for heroes that are suppose to be past their prime, the Watchmen look pretty young and in their mid 20s still, but hey it's a Hollywood film now...gotta have young and cool-looking characters for all the posters and comic-related items coming out soon.

I thought it was odd too that Rorschach was running around like that. I have a feeling we're going to find out that they all have somewhat super skills, and that this isn't too long after the hero prohibition act. They might have to do that to make the movie a bit more believable for the average Joe. The purists will scream, but they're also in the bind of having to also market to non-purists to at least make their money back.

As long as it doesn't diminish how much of a pure god Dr. Manhattan is, which is really the point, I'm ok with it.

I'm pretty sure that when they're running through his academic record in the institution, they mentioned an above-average aptitude for gymnastics.

I think.

At first I thought Rorschach was flying up the building 36 second into the trailer, but I think they just gave him an improved rope gun.

I think that's it. Though I was hoping for a move away from the miraculous Bat-grappler. I'd rather see a Rory a little P@$&ed off having to climb 30 stories. I want this to be less stylized than other super-hero movies.

I just noticed that the Watchmen trailer has no allusions to this film being set in an alternate 1980`s.

I always thought that that lent more weight to the story.

Doesn't an aged Nixon (as president) on the tvs behind Veidt count as an allusion?

Doesn't an aged Nixon (as president) on the tvs behind Veidt count as an allusion?

I guess ^_^ Wrong choice of words. I was more referring to the tagline "in 2009.......thin gs will change forever" or what ever it was.

If you missed the visual clues, it just seems as if it is set in the present.

I guess ^_^ Wrong choice of words. I was more referring to the tagline "in 2009.......thin gs will change forever" or what ever it was.

If you missed the visual clues, it just seems as if it is set in the present.

I know that Snyder fought hard to have it placed in the 80's. I'm betting that the trailers aren't pointing that out because it's not really an important aspect in generating interest.

Movie Studio: "Hmmm... we can spend 15-20 seconds pointing out that this takes place in the 80's, or show more of Silk Spectre..."

I know that Snyder fought hard to have it placed in the 80's. I'm betting that the trailers aren't pointing that out because it's not really an important aspect in generating interest.

Movie Studio: "Hmmm... we can spend 15-20 seconds pointing out that this takes place in the 80's, or show more of Silk Spectre..."

They could've combined the two, and showed 15-20 seconds of Silk Spectre wearing legwarmers and a Swatch ;)

IIRC, in the second trailer you can see a Patrick Nagel print on the wall of The Comedian's apartment, when Rorschach opens the hidden compartment.