CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

"YacoLog spoke to Aoshima and was told that due to fallout from the recent quality-control problems they had with their Shin Seiki Gokin Legioss toys, they have cancelled development of the Tread "Beta" Fighter designed to dock with them. Looks like CM's is now the only game in town."

This is my surprised face: :mellow:

I have a feeling the only people who did not see this coming were blind beggars on the streets of Calcutta... then again they don't see anything coming anyway.

If you lower yourself to deal with a$$h0le$, don't be surprised if you end up covered in $h!t. Aoshima should have known better and have nobody to blame but themselves; after all, it only pays to re-badge another manufacturer's product as your own if that product was a quality item in the first place, and it appears that their version is plagued with even more problems than the original. It's a shame about the Beta, but entirely understandable.

Sweetners? Toynami? Toynami said "We can produce this toy for next to nothing." Aoshima being like any greed-based company (it's the best way for a company to be) said "Eh, what's the worst that can happen." Then Aoshima go the worst that could happen and realized they'd made a mistake.

Sweetners? Toynami? Toynami said "We can produce this toy for next to nothing." Aoshima being like any greed-based company (it's the best way for a company to be) said "Eh, what's the worst that can happen." Then Aoshima go the worst that could happen and realized they'd made a mistake.

I don't quite buy that (but it certainly could have happened). Aoshima has been around the block for ages, they shouldn't have been lured in by just the potential profits alone -- they should be aware that there can be pitfalls (a rather big one in this case).

Or perhaps they're just not used to dealing with foreign toy producers? Who knows..

Must get thread back to talking about CM's Tread......... :p Toynami, much like their website, is dead to me. Why waste our efforts (or our scorn) on them anymore? :D

Any new pics from CM's? Especially a side profile shot of the fighter combo?

I don't quite buy that (but it certainly could have happened). Aoshima has been around the block for ages, they shouldn't have been lured in by just the potential profits alone -- they should be aware that there can be pitfalls (a rather big one in this case).

Or perhaps they're just not used to dealing with foreign toy producers? Who knows..

Actually, the need to deal with foreign [read: Chinese National] manufacturers is really pretty prevalent today in almost any industry, though it is surprising that a company like Aoshima should run afoul of issues like this. You really would think that they would know better.

This is my surprised face: :mellow:

I have a feeling the only people who did not see this coming were blind beggars on the streets of Calcutta... then again they don't see anything coming anyway.

After seeing the review of the Aoshima Alphas, it is no surprise here.

The fighter mode still looks like crap, and the arms are too Goddamned close together as well. Looks like I'm not going to be selling my Toynami Legioss anytime soon. :-\

-Kyp

Unfortunately, that Toynami Alpha isn't gonna have any Beta backup anytime soon (if ever).

But I agree with Fort Max, with Toynami bowing out once again, I hope CM's takes its time to iron out whatever lingering issues and sculpt problems they still have. No need to rush things too hastily.

I'm still surprised how toynami can survive this long, considering how they keep f u c k i n g up!!!!

I want the CM legioss/Tread now :lol:

while they might be reviled here, a lot of people buy their toys. As long as people buy their stuff, toynami has no incentive to raise their game. <shrug>

^^True, but there's also the MASSIVE opportunity costs they're missing out on.

While waiting for them to release a Beta, most of my money's been going to Yamato and other toy companies (instead of supporting Toynami).

On the product side of things, they could have easily released a limited-run TV Max 1A, but they didn't.

And I have no idea if they ever released their Shadow-Chronicle variant Alpha (nor do I personally care).

It's probably true that Toynami has no incentive to raise their game. But likewise, thanks to their constant inaction, I too have no incentive to either consider or buy their products.

....Except for that big vaporware/"We keep making excuses for why we won't make it" item to the left. :rolleyes:

Toynami seems to be a very small company all things considered. It would appear they completely shut down their upcoming operations once they finalized their deal with Aoshima. This must have been necessary because Aoshima apparently wanted all Legioss variants to be available simultaneously. We've seen with every MPC release that it really does take Toynami a long time to do something as simple as a paint alteration (which hasn't really killed them since that makes sense from a marketing stand point). My guess is they put Shadow Chronicles toys on hold while they reworked the Alpha MPC ever so slightly and then spent one month creating the blue Legioss in sufficient numbers, another for the red, and another for the green. Somehow it seems to have taken them a full six months just to satisfy that agreement and have enough on hand for Aoshima to start selling them all. Since they do have such limited production abilities this must keep their costs tiny and enables them to stay afloat despite selling such mediocre product. It's a real shame, they're the kid in college with the "c's get degrees!" mentality that wonders why a huge company doesn't throw a fat salary at them when they're done.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks decent. I'm not too happy about the Legioss' chest and arm thrusters, but I think they are things I can live with. The hands though, might be a bit fragile.

The weird way to attach the gunpod in fighter is a bit off though.

29,400 yen, Due in Feb. Save up, people. And Mog can change his avatar -- finally.

Agree that it looks ill-fitting but I know CM's will deliver a quality product ^_^

Exactly. I don't care what comprimises they made because I have faith that the toy will actually be well-made and hold together in both modes.

Yeah but it looks really bad when put together! Granted, I'd rather have it not look so hot then fall apart on me but what I'd really rather have it do is look friggin' great and hold together just as well. Looks like I'm going to have to settle for not looking so good but holding together well.

I'll probably buy one as well but it's not "sitting right" with me at the moment.

While the linkup does look like a beach ball f'ing a lawn dart, my primary concern in those new pictures was the apparent loose fitting and sort of "half baked" look of the overall product. If you look at the four images that are linked in the bottom of that page's listing you can see some nasty seams in the Legioss' legs, what appear to be not quite moved into the right position parts, this sort of awkward, gangly, unfinished look to the toys and just this general intangible "blahze" sort of feeling. It just looks so clunky to me... like it's not quite ready for prime time. I mean even Toynami knew better and took these glorious pictures of their beautiful hand built, flush seamed prototype that was meticulously posed and shot to hide it's weaknesses... whereas all these photos we keep seeing of these toys give me this hastily thrown together with no real attention to how it looks vibe. And from what I've seen there as been little actual "alteration" in all these prototypes... they all look just about the same, just in progressing states of color molding.

I guess I'm still waiting for this epiphany glossy model shot that makes it look like a high quality, hardass finished toy rather than some slapped together garage kit made by some guy in his basement. Then again thanks to Toynami I feel I am overly critical of any new Mospeada toy... my eye is looking for failure as it is what I have come to expect from the license... and that is more or less bad on me and not this toy. But of all I've seen it has yet to impress me, outside of me gawking at it's high price tag.