CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

If you zoom this image you can see the pilot is painted!!

THANKS!!! That helped. Why the "!!" after your statement? Are you yelling at me? I'm gonna cry :( .

:ph34r:

If you want to keep using "hobo" that's fine by me, I was just telling you that I think it sounds retarded....

EDIT II - I'm as not offended by the word "retarded" as I am not offended by the word "hobo."

Jenius, please stop, take a deep breath, and reread Eriku's and Roger's comments. Their point isn't about whether or not "hobo" or "retarded" offends you. Their point is that--Whoosh!--you don't seem to comprehend the current social context in which "retarded" is received and perceived. Especially in relation to people who are actually "mentally disabled."

Oh, never mind...go back to raving about your alpha veritechs and nosecones.

As the one and only SUPERHobo on the net I am glad to see the name of hobo passed around. However you have all forsaken the name to comparison of a poor lonely drunk. So I smite all which to the fiery depths of hell, dangling from a spider's web over a pit of fire so hot your skin ignite into flames!

On the side note just another week until this set is official released!

As the one and only SUPERHobo on the net I am glad to see the name of hobo passed around. However you have all forsaken the name to comparison of a poor lonely drunk. So I smite all which to the fiery depths of hell, dangling from a spider's web over a pit of fire so hot your skin ignite into flames!

On the side note just another week until this set is official released!

Correction: A poor lonely drunk in a boxcar who can't tell if the sour smell is coming from the whiskey-soaked straw he calls a bed or from his eight remaining toes.

My skin, it burns!

Jenius, please stop, take a deep breath, and reread Eriku's and Roger's comments. Their point isn't about whether or not "hobo" or "retarded" offends you. Their point is that--Whoosh!--you don't seem to comprehend the current social context in which "retarded" is received and perceived. Especially in relation to people who are actually "mentally disabled."

Oh, never mind...go back to raving about your alpha veritechs and nosecones.

And the term hobo is cruel to the homeless. Seriously, "Mega-Studmuffin" is the only moniker that is as politically correct as it is accurate.

And the term hobo is cruel to the homeless.

Yeah, especially given that the word isn't totally outdated or out of popular usage or anything. I mean, on MTV, it's always, "Hobo this, hobo that." Seriously. No one says "retarded" anymore, for anything.

Edited by gingaio

Go a page back, SaveRobotech went with them to a trade show. They have a website, URL is on the previous page.

Thanks for the info mate ... although, there is no way I can afford this right now ... can't fit it into the budget.

:mellow:

Especially if it's being released at the end of this month. I'll enjoy this toy vicariously through those of you who bought this toy and will hopefully post LOTS of pics ....

:rolleyes:

Crap, I did this big post about retarded but I feel like I'm inviting a fight. So let me simplify it, regardless of whether or not retarded is offensive (and I understand it is to most even if it's not to me) it doesn't affect a thing I wrote. Hobo sounds retarded even if that word hurts your feelings. Sorry.

I never noticed how much nicer the Imai kit looked in the nose/cockpit/canard section. However, the Toynami made a lot of improvements in my opinion: bigger wings, angled tailfins, and a flush airframe (lots of gaps in the model).

I say it's 50/50 with the model vs. the toy. Some of what Toynami did I like, some of what they did I don't like, and in the end I really like the look of both. Hey, you know what might be a brilliant idea? I'm guessing the Toynami Alpha/Beta connection will have some major issues due to the gratuitous weight of the diecast in the Alpha. You could probably get a rerelease of the Imai kit and use that as your Alpha. You could also then customize that model to make the connection with the Beta practically seamless. Ooh, I like the potential there... You might even be able to do something similar with the CMs Tread although I'd guess more customization would be involved and I swear that tread is more like 1/60 scale than 1/48...

Edited by jenius

Yeah, especially given that the word isn't totally outdated or out of popular usage or anything. I mean, on MTV, it's always, "Hobo this, hobo that." Seriously. No one says "retarded" anymore, for anything.
Wow, sometimes sarcasm just falls flat.

Jenius, that's a great idea. I'm sure someone will do it. Makes me wonder if any of the Japanese hobby mags have already done a customized Imai Legioss. There was a sweet custom Ride Armor in June 2007 Hobby Japan.

You could probably get a rerelease of the Imai kit and use that as your Alpha. You could also then customize that model to make the connection with the Beta practically seamless. Ooh, I like the potential there...

I was thinking exactly the same just the other day. Already picked up an Imai kit. Hopefully, i'll be getting the Cm Legioss/Tread on the 29th so we'll see exactly what potential there is very soon. ^_^

Can't wait to see reviews with pics of this thing from multiple angles and transformation vids.

I keep checking this thread unsure of what is going to be in it.

This thing needs to be cheaper though. CMs is the hobo in this case for not making the toys big enough. :D CMs ride armor would be so much better if it was bigger. Seriously, what are the chances they might revisit the ride armor with fixes and improvements? Because I would like to get one upscaled and improved over the current ones, one day at the same price. (which is already pretty steep but not enough to prevent me from purchase)

As for legios tread combo, I hope there are no problems like with the breaking windshield for the ride armor. I have no reason to doubt something will break, but just like to take the safe route for something this expensive.

You could probably get a rerelease of the Imai kit and use that as your Alpha. You could also then customize that model to make the connection with the Beta practically seamless.

That's a brilliant idea! Already have the rereleased kits waiting to be build ^_^

I was going to buy the MPC Tread but not the Legioss. It sounds like a fun project!!

Seriously, "Mega-Studmuffin" is the only moniker that is as politically correct as it is accurate.

Sure, but it sounds like something Barb from Accounts Receivable would say to her coworkers about "that one UPS driver with the tight shorts". :mellow:

Can't wait to see reviews with pics of this thing from multiple angles and transformation vids.

I keep checking this thread unsure of what is going to be in it.

Got Stick's blue Legioss-Tread on preorder with HLJ for ages now, and Rob aka Samurai-Monkey's gonna get me Rey's green Legioss-Tread :lol:

Be prepared for tons of pics from every conceivable angle ^_^

Got Stick's blue Legioss-Tread on preorder with HLJ for ages now, and Rob aka Samurai-Monkey's gonna get me Rey's green Legioss-Tread :lol:

Be prepared for tons of pics from every conceivable angle ^_^

Ah, I knew someone was getting the green one. I'm looking forward to the photos since I'll probably never get that one.

I WAS going to buy this thing on the 29th but the size is bugging me. I think I prefer the look of the Aoshima/Toynami. Disintegration aside.

The CMs is supposed to be roughly the same size as the Aoshima/Toynami.

The CMs is supposed to be roughly the same size as the Aoshima/Toynami.

Really? I thought it was going to be smaller? Now look what you've gone and done! I might HAVE to go and blow 30,000 on this thing now. NO Proto Garland for me this month.

Really? I thought it was going to be smaller? Now look what you've gone and done! I might HAVE to go and blow 30,000 on this thing now. NO Proto Garland for me this month.

From what's been reported it may be a wee bit smaller, but it's supposed to be 1/48 scale which would put it close to the size of Toynami's. If it's a genuine concern you may want to wait until someone else gets one and takes some pictures of it next to other toys for a better idea of scale.

2 more days tgo release by CM corp... wonder any one here will get it first hand ?

wait.. when will the green one be released? if possible maybe i will get one from japan.. hahaha..

I would have been getting it on the morning it's released but I decided to wait for the Toynami. <_<

2 more days tgo release by CM corp... wonder any one here will get it first hand ?

wait.. when will the green one be released? if possible maybe i will get one from japan.. hahaha..

CM's webpage talks about "Scheduled to start from mid-April shipment", so we'll see the blue one first... just a few more days, damn the wait ^_^

The box looks great, certainly better than the padded 'book' monstrosity that Toynami's came in. I like the graphic design better than what Yamato typically does, too. But in the end the box will just be filed away in my closet with all the others so it doesn't really matter to me what it looks like.

Now I'm just waiting like Pavlov's dog for that HLJ payment request email to come. :)