CM's Corporation Legioss/TREAD.

Roger

They seem to be doing quite good despite the flaws. Apparently Stig's are sold out everywhere, so there's a chance for a second release and even better: for another company to make larger scale ones!

I assume you mean that the pre-orders are sold out? These aren't out yet, are they?

Hmm. I got to go back over 12 pages to find my last comment.

Anyway, the pics are.. interesting. I stand by my earlier statement -- seems like CM optimized for Armo-Soldier and fighter mode suffered accordingly. Unfortunately I'm looking for a good-looking Legioss-Tlead in Fighter mode. The linkup just looked too weird, as others pointed out.

Man, that is SO not a $200 + toy. Insane.

Don't you just *love* how the inner-lower leg missile bays can open but show only ONE missile because of the cutouts for the landing gears? After THAT, the unstowable fins really seem like no big deal. :D

OTOH, the more I play with the CM's ride armor, the more I appreciate it's holistic mechanical design over the MH's frankenstein-approach. While applying weathering to my CM's Stick, I only just noticed that the front and rear tire treads are molded differently, just as on real bikes. Now that's attention to detail!

I can't help but wonder if the same CM's team worked on both Mospeada projects... the CM's Legioss/Tlead seems just seems so far from what the Ride Armor achieved, fiddlyness notwithstanding.

Wow... it looks like the Tread landing gears are stuck being completely exposed. WTF? I really hope they're at least detachable but seeing as they're diecast metal I'm thinking that's probably not the case.

The missiles as red dots looked cheap when Toynami did it... it's funny that CMs found out a way to make it look even cheaper. That one missile bay that exposes the landing gear is pretty funny.

So far this toy has only ONE thing going for it as far as I can see. It looks like it has some very nicely done tampo. It really does have that toy look to it too but at this price point that seems like a bad thing. i can only hope that when I have mine I can find ways to minimize all these horrible design decisions.

PS - If it weren't for that stupid windscreen, I would be pretty happy with Ride Armor. It is quite pretty, even when blown up to Gakken 1/8 size in photos.

CM were very on the ball about not taking pictures today but TokyoHunter did snap something I missed in the fuss. CMs will also be releasing a Black / Dark Legioss as well. When you see his pic you will see it's currently built out of a green Legioss body with a different head, shoulders, chest intakes and gun. Anyways more later!

Has anyone seen TokyoHunter's picture of the Shadow Legioss built out of a green Legioss body yet? I've been eager to see a better picture of it and so far nothing.

Carl

I thought I would check in after a while to see how this thing turned out. I'm disappointed with the rounded chest pieces and the really long shnoz on that thing. The opening missile bays are a really sweet touch though! - MT

lol, i actually felt these most recent pics made the link up, while not perfect, look a bit more streamlined than i was thinking. Im still looking forward to it =-)

Not perfect? :huh:

Dude, the thing doesn't line up with anything. The tail fins are sticking out, the legioss sags off the front, and the feet stick out at a weird angle.

It's sort of like the model designers just kind of said "Meh. Close enough."

Several orders of magnitude from "not perfect".

Edited by Grand Admiral

lol, i guess ur right. Whilst its so wrong, Im still looking forward to it though ^_^

just noticed the sag down though in the fighter...annoying... = /

Heh, why even put a missile bay there if 2/3rds of it isnt even gonna be there. Im looking forward to the reveiws but no matter how good (or bad) this thing is its still not worth more than 100-150 bucks.

To tell you the truth,I'm only interested by the soldier mode linked to the tread. If they make it nice,it's fine by me.

And I will never display any missile bay opened , never liked it any way (too much).

I must admit these new shots gives me trouble with the price tag.

Edited by CAIN MKII

you do realise guys that the ONE missile thats there, is a SUPER DUPER AWESOME EXTRA EXPLODY missile, so the other 2 just weren't needed.....

really! its canon!

^_^

the only thing thats really really REALLY annoying me heaps is the fact the other 2 colours are exclusives, no sir, i dont like it!

Looking at the newest pics, it's not horrible despite its design flaws (the biggest being the Tlead's landing gears most likely not being removable or folding, IMO), but for the asking price, I'd rather get the new Yamato YF-21 and still have money left over. I just can't believe they're pricing this at more than $200. I hope this sells well enough to get some other company to put out their own Legioss/Tlead combo and better this one at a more reasonable price.

While I still prefer Toynami's blocky design for Legioss' soldier mode, those still are quite nice bird when combined.

I've seen gerwalk-ish "earth entry mode" at the line art thread and that's how I plan to display this.

CM's pricing is determined by quantity, not so much by quality as far as I can tell from their ride armor.

I do agree princing may be a bit high. Bandai or even Yamato might have made them a tad cheaper, but I would love to get this just because it's a Tread.

That one missile in the landing gear bay should have been taken out altogether, or some kind of double door would have been nice.

For those complaining, we can go with toynami's beta. Toynami's Beta It looks like it is not vaporware.

Yes, Toynami is still moving forward with their Beta fighter. The toy has already been tooled and is ready to go. We should see that Summer/Fall of 2008. 10,000 will be made in the different color schemes (not sure yet how many of each color yet) and expected retail cost is $150.

$150 vs $250~300? No brainer but it is Toynami. Any way you cut it, it seems to be a lose-lose: expensive, non-accurate combo vs large scale Tread/Beta from a company that have quality issues in the Robotech toy franchise.

EDIT: spelling errors.

Edited by Godzilla

I forgot to mention my other huge pet peeve here since it looks all but guaranteed now it's not mistransformation. Sure, the diecast landing gears dangling is pathetic but I could see how the gears could be a problem.... what I don't understand are the missiles on top of the Tread. WTF??? How hard was it to make them settle down into the area they're supposed to sit? It's right up there with the fins that don't collapse on the Legioss arms. So strange.

Toynami needs to have a Beta on preorder before I believe it will be released. Even once I preorder it, I know it will come out three months later than the initial shipping date. 2008? We will see.

Edited by jenius

For those complaining, we can go with toynami's beta. Toynami's Beta It looks like it is not vaporware.

$150 vs $250~300? No brainer but it is Toynami. Any way you cut it, it seems to be a lose-lose: expensive, non-accurate combo vs large scale Tread/Beta from a company that have quality issues in the Robotech toy franchise.

EDIT: spelling errors.

But it's not a matter of $150 vs. $250-$300. That would be comparing the CMs Legioss and Tread set to just the Toynami Tread alone.

The real price comparison is more like $200-$250 for the Toynami set (depending on weather you bought the US or Aoshima release of the Legioss) and $250-$300 for the CM's set.

Both sets of toys are roughly the same size and both sets are very close in price overall. Based on the bulk of their previous work CM's is more likely to deliver in the 'quality' department while Toynami's Beta, based on the bulk of their previous work, is almost guaranteed to have QC that ranges from questionable to disatrous.

It's unfortunate that Mospeada fans have to choose between one set that will probably fall apart and one set that they probably don't like the looks of. What would be more unfortunate is if there were no choices at all.

Edited by eriku

Eriku is right. It's a sad time for us Legioss/TREAD fans.

Still, I'll buy a blue Beta depending on the reviews, just because I already own the Toynami Alphas, tho' I like CMs' TREAD sculpt better.

What I'm really waiting for here is for another company to do the set. I don't hold my breath with the Toynami Beta and I quit to the CMs combo a long time ago.

07.jpg

Sigh...

I know that picture's pointing out the gaping hole in the missile bay, but I can't help buy notice the oddly shaped knee above it. Then again, both of these things are pretty far down on the list.