1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

I cannot justify $60 for this. Actually, it's kind of insulting that the FP's weren't included with the YF-19 in the first place considering its intended MSRP :(

Right. They did it for the 'Zero, but not the '19? I guess people wouldn't have been as likely to purchase the foldildo on its own...

Right. They did it for the 'Zero, but not the '19? I guess people wouldn't have been as likely to purchase the foldildo on its own...

If the price makes sense, we would. I do agree that it's kind of stupid for Yamato to bundle this now and not from the get go. Still, bundling it now with the '19 shows that the people at Yamato aren't only good for drinking... The thing is, you just can't sell the foldildo on its own. Just think of all the wierd stares you're gonna get when you take it out in the office, or the train, bus, in front of the missus...

Edited by Beware of Blast

Okay I finally get my YF19 that I preordered like a year ago and the gunpod looks like it got punched by Guld when the plane is in fighter mode. Like everyone else I'm pist off about this. Now the fold booster is here (whoah, I didn't know THAT was on the horizon) and it's 50 f---king dollars before shipping. I'll be expecting it to cost at least 60 dollars on ebay. Then tack on another 20 - 30 dollars for shipping. Until I'm making $100,000 + dollars a year I'm pretty sure my Macross toy collecting hobby is at its end. Can't wait to get back into it when I'm 49 years old and I'll have to pay 900 bucks for a cruddy, botched, first run SV51. And thank you toynami for mysteriously ending the 1/100 scale line - something I could actually almost afford. *kicks rock*

I kind of wish they reissue ALL of the older 80s toys, I'd buy those in a heartbeat b/c I'd know exactly what i am getting. These newer 1/48 and 1/60s complete w/qc and design issues are making me seriously lose my respect for Yamato. For this 1/60 FP, hm... I can do without, I do not want to be a completionist, besides it is seriously grating on my last nerve that Yamato deliberately decided not to include this small arse FP with the original overprice 1/60 YF19. And people wonder why I like cels. :p

Edited by Fortress_Maximus

Actually 50.00 for a dildo ain't too bad...some of them are pretty expensive or so I hear :ph34r:

Yamato just should have sold the complete set from the start. Fans have waited for awhile for a new YF-19, what's a couple of more months? oh I forgot... some fans have less patience than my 3 year old niece.. :rolleyes:

I kind of wish they reissue ALL of the older 80s toys, I'd buy those in a heartbeat b/c I'd know exactly what i am getting. These newer 1/48 and 1/60s complete w/qc and design issues are making me seriously lose my respect for Yamato. For this 1/60 FP, hm... I can do without, I do not want to be a completionist, besides it is seriously grating on my last nerve that Yamato deliberately decided not to include this small arse FP with the original overprice 1/60 YF19. And people wonder why I like cels. :p

Now I'm definitely not wondering why you like cels. Probably a lot stressful to collect.

Now I'm definitely not wondering why you like cels. Probably a lot stressful to collect.

Collecting cels can be stressful if you let it get to you... ask BaronV he knows the realities of cel collecting too. We have a few other MW members who also collect, but they are more lurkers than anything else. Good Macross tv, DYRL, FB, Plus and II cels are hard to find. So, if and when they do appear it really isn't as much stress or grief as dealing with all of the drama involving Yamato toys. Essentially any seasoned collector can tell you usually you get what you expect and what you are willing to pay the most for. Higher end cels go to the perps with the deepest pockets it is as simple as that. ^_^

And thank you toynami for mysteriously ending the 1/100 scale line - something I could actually almost afford. *kicks rock*

You mean the 1/100 didn't sell very well? That is a crying shame. Those are pretty decent little toys. Not the best sculpt (massive shoulders, skinny legs, strange head) but great alternative for the little banpresto valks. (which I still have posed on top of my monitor in various modes.) None of the issues of floppy limbs and it comes with missiles, landing gear etc. I was hoping they would at least get to the FP versions of them.

I guess with all the money we are blowing on yamatos and all these new valk releases people's attention is focused on other toys. If they had just released these during the 1/60 yamatos I bet they wold have sold pretty good.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

If the price makes sense, we would. I do agree that it's kind of stupid for Yamato to bundle this now and not from the get go. Still, bundling it now with the '19 shows that the people at Yamato aren't only good for drinking... The thing is, you just can't sell the foldildo on its own. Just think of all the wierd stares you're gonna get when you take it out in the office, or the train, bus, in front of the missus...

Fair enough, BoB. You got some very valid and solid points there.

I don't question Yamato's business reasons for packaging the 19's accessories like this. But like you said, the potential price (and my own personal preferences) are just gonna keep me from buying this.

Just a note, I seriously doubt the 1/100 scale is dead. Toynami probably just knows the people who buy their 1/100s are also among the people who buy their MPCs and they don't want to compete with themselves for people's money. Rather than making you decide if you want more 1/100s or an MPC they're only going to give you one option. I would guess that Toynami will resurrect the 1/100 line between any future MPC releases.

Fair enough, BoB. You got some very valid and solid points there.

I don't question Yamato's business reasons for packaging the 19's accessories like this. But like you said, the potential price (and my own personal preferences) are just gonna keep me from buying this.

Me too. B))

The thing is, you just can't sell the foldildo on its own. Just think of all the wierd stares you're gonna get when you take it out in the office, or the train, bus, in front of the missus...

Lol. Let me tell you, the next time I get in a girl's bedroom graces I am SO trying that light-up foldildo on her...

Back when Yamato released their 1/72 YF-19, there was lots of bitching and moaning about why there was no FAST Packs & Fold Booster. Same thing with the Hasegawa and Doyusha YF-19.

So when Yamato listens to fan demand and decides to release a Fold Booster and FAST pack set, instead of being happy, what does everybody do? Yep, you guessed..................bitch and moan!

Honestly, I think you guys are not happy unless you are complaining about something.

I love the YF-19 and can't wait to get this accessory set.

As for the Fold Booster looking like a dildo, that's not Yamato's fault, that's just the way Kawamori designed it.

Graham

Back when Yamato released their 1/72 YF-19, there was lots of battying and moaning about why there was no FAST Packs & Fold Booster. Same thing with the Hasegawa and Doyusha YF-19.

So when Yamato listens to fan demand and decides to release a Fold Booster and FAST pack set, instead of being happy, what does everybody do? Yep, you guessed..................batty and moan!

Honestly, I think you guys are not happy unless you are complaining about something.

I love the YF-19 and can't wait to get this accessory set.

As for the Fold Booster looking like a dildo, that's not Yamato's fault, that's just the way Kawamori designed it.

Graham

I think it's a justifiable battyin'-n-moanin' coz the msrp (Y-5040) of the YF-19's FAST-pack/Fold-Booster is quite a stupidly and deliberately unjustified highway robbery on the fans.

I mean, even if Yamato sells it for a flat Y-2000, it'll still be way too much yen for what one will be getting.

Edited by treatment

Oh, poor Yamato, had we mistaken you for highway robbery when all along, you were just trying to make us happy. I am really sorry that I am giving you my hard earned money for 100 grams of plastic. :o

So when Yamato listens to fan demand and decides to release a Fold Booster and FAST pack set, instead of being happy, what does everybody do? Yep, you guessed..................batty and moan!

Graham

If you don't like the looks, or think it's too expensive, too light-weight, not enough gimmicks, or whatever.

There's a simple solution.............................Don't buy it!

Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to spend their hard earned pennies on this.

Graham

It's a bit like the Qrau for me. I bought it to show support for enemy mecha. but I can understand people feeling like they were ripped off in some way. When it comes down to it, toys ARE just heaps of plastic. :D Normal people must think you are crazy for spending this much money.

*Sigh* I hope that when they get to the vf-11 we get the atmosphere booster with the FP bundle instead of fold booster. I actually do think it is a good idea to include fold booster with the FP because the FP are so simple compared to the FP for the vf-1. Eventually you want everything you saw in the show. What is strange is how come the underarm weapon was not thought to be made for the 19? I think Fold booster + fast packs + the underarm weapon would have lessened the burden a bit for people. At least with the 21 you get two gunpods and beefy skirt armor. :D

If you don't like the looks, or think it's too expensive, too light-weight, not enough gimmicks, or whatever.

Nobody is holding a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to spend their hard earned pennies on this.

Graham

In case no one has noticed Graham is getting very annoyed by all the battying on pages, and frankly so am i. I remember when i came to the forums and it was a cool place to chill and talk about macross, bad mouth mac 7 and robotech, and just be in the company of fellow macross fans such as myself, but lately there is a lot of hostility and it makes the environment on the pages s**t. It is getting to a point where the toy section isn't a place to go to anymore, and what's worse Graham will probably stop sharing his info with us. He already posted in another area about not coming to the toy forums anymore.

The YF-19 is probably second only to the VF-1 itself, in how much it's liked by MW overall. And there's some pretty big flaws. Not QC issues, flat-out bad design. And they charged a lot for it. As for the armor? It should have been free, included with the -19, for that price---like the VF-0's. Sell the fold booster separately if they want to gouge us. But 4 pieces of hollow grey plastic? That should have been in the basic package, especially since there's no missiles included.

Basically---when probably the most highly-anticipated new valk in years has issues, you can bet there'll be an exponentially higher amount of bitching.

There will be less bitching about the Sv-51. Why? A lot fewer people like it, so fewer will buy it. And even fewer like it enough to "risk" a first release purchase. We'll hear about its issues, but not to the extent of the -19.

If you release something that people have been drooling over for years, and you are the only manufacturer--try not to have crooked gunpods and wheels on EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM.

Graham

It is not a 'solution' when you're a FAN, Graham. These folks are hurt!

Let me put this to you: Surely SOME lucky folks had no problems at all with the GARLAND, but would YOU still go out and buy another 1st issue GARLAND, or even recommend it wholeheartedly to a M23 FAN after your own experience with it?

In case no one has noticed Graham is getting very annoyed by all the battying on pages, and frankly so am i. I remember when i came to the forums and it was a cool place to chill and talk about macross, bad mouth mac 7 and robotech, and just be in the company of fellow macross fans such as myself, but lately there is a lot of hostility and it makes the environment on the pages s**t. It is getting to a point where the toy section isn't a place to go to anymore, and what's worse Graham will probably stop sharing his info with us. He already posted in another area about not coming to the toy forums anymore.

Amen!

Graham

lol!

That's not a "solution" at all and you know it. Most yammie-fans would like to give Yamato their money. Just that it's gotta be a fair value-exchange.

The japan-based fans might not bat an eye about the price-gouging (they're used to it, afaik), but the non-japan fans do mind it. Gotta add the shipping-cost and whatever to that msrp, you know.

I think the best solution is for Yamato to price the FP-set at Y-1000 and just PR it as an gracious apology to the fans who were extremely disappointed with all the issues cropping up with the first-edition 1/60 YF-19.

It's better than not making any money out of it from most of the western-fans, right?

I'm in a quandry now. I'd quite like a VF-19 - it is one of my favourite variable fighters and I quite fancy a fold-booster to go with it. (If nothing else I can rack the fold booster on the shelf between a -19 and my Bandai VF-17.

What I can't decide is whether to take the plunge and buy a -19 now, and then pick up the fold-booster set later in the year. Or hold off and get the bundled version later on. On the plus side with waiting, it means only one order and only one trip to the Parcelforce depot to pony up the customs charge. On the downside it means waiting several more months before I get a -19. Decisions, decisions.

(I'm not particularly worried by the issues that people have been reporting. Mostly because the last Yamato product I had problems with was my 1/60th VF-1S, and since then every Yamato Valkyrie I have bought has been absolutely fine as far as I can tell. For me their record is as close to 100% as I've experienced.)

Karl

With Monkey's offer, I am in for a full set. Yamato wouldn't mind my b itching if I pay them money... :)

I hope Yamato put a bit more effort into the packaging with the full pack – not just a blank white box of the FB inserted into the normal YF-19.

Just in case no one noticed, Samurai M (Rob) has a pre-order up for the giftset (230.00 shipped) and single serve FP (70.00 shipped) posted in the auction section.

lazy link!

I wish I would have waited for the giftset <_<:(

Edited by Mowe

Graham

I agree. I skipped the first 1/60 YF-19 and looks like I will not be get the fastpack set also.

Collecting cels can be stressful if you let it get to you... ask BaronV he knows the realities of cel collecting too. We have a few other MW members who also collect, but they are more lurkers than anything else. Good Macross tv, DYRL, FB, Plus and II cels are hard to find. So, if and when they do appear it really isn't as much stress or grief as dealing with all of the drama involving Yamato toys. Essentially any seasoned collector can tell you usually you get what you expect and what you are willing to pay the most for. Higher end cels go to the perps with the deepest pockets it is as simple as that. ^_^

Cels, cels, cels! I agree with Fortess M. that unlike buying Macross toys there is less stress since with the cel if you do find a Macross cel you just buy it and like it without any complaints since there's not a lot out there. With the toys, if you get a defective one then you're going to complain since there'll be tons out there and you got stuck with the one with the bad QC. It's kinda getting crazy that the Macross toys are now reaching the same price as middle- to high-priced Macross cels. I can probably pick up a one-of-a-kinda cel that no one in the world else will have for the same price as the YF-19 w/ FP. Heck, I paid the same price for my YF-19 anime cel for less than the price of the 1/60 version...and no one else has it. I think I'm going to buy the old 1/72 YF-19 when hopefully the price of them come down on eBay or in the MW for sale section when people start upgrading to the 1/60 scale since I need the ver. 1 to go along wiht my 1/72 YF-22. VF-11 and the YF-19 Ravens type I have.

Hehehe! How sure are you that Yamato will include the 2 gunpods and the beefy skirt armour?

Ah what I meant was that if they make the FP seperate for yf-21, the 21 seems to have a tiny bit more beef to its FP than the covers of the yf19.

The skirt armor covers half the plane, and houses 2 gunpods. Not as large as the boxy vf-1 fp but just a little bit more than covers on a portion of the leg.

Here's what I would want to see for future release:

1.vf-11 stand-alone.

2. FP + booster set standalone (to give choice to those who actually WANT the choice to buy just the fighter without FP, similar to how you have the choice to buy a seperate HD DVD drive for the xbox360 :D This mean that later if you change your mind the option is still open to you if you bought your vf-11 early.)

3. vf-11 with FP and booster bundle (you get fp and atmospheric boosters) <-- the one I'd be most interested in

4. vf-11 with FP (not the same as bundle, you just get the fp. This would be the equivalent of the 1/48 Super VF-1J TV Milia and 1/48 Super VF-1J TV Max where those two releases had no strike cannon, but in this case you get no atmospheric boosters)

This order gives everyone the most choice. So one that doesn't sell in the former cateogry could always be repacked in a new box in a later category. So if say the fast pack by themselves doesn't sell, just sticky tape the fp box to the standalone vf-11 and call it "vf-11 w fp". :D

yf-21: same as above only exchange "atmosphere booster" with "fold booster".

Problem: yamato should announce all of that ahead of time so people who never intended to buy stuff don't get the wrong pack. eg you don't want the atmosphere booster, so avoid buying that and wait for the "vf-11 with FP only" set instead of wasting your money. Give us early warning ahead of time so we buy only what we want and not what we don't need. But the advantage of putting the VF-11 with FP last is that it sort of tempts the buyer to impulse purchase the extras. (they might sit and think about getting the bundle if it comes out first and not like the wait. Selling as much as possible and getting the buyer to buy as much as they may not necessarily need is the key. Category 4 is for the real tightasses who even if they wanted all the accessories they can't afford it. So keep this for last. :D)

I'll be ordering it. . .

And for the record I agree with Graham. . .

I've had a 99% track record with Yamato (Just one broken VF-11 hip). . .