1/60 YF-19 Fast Packs & Fold Booster

Mechamaniac

I know some of you have mentioned this already, but, does anyone know if this release will come with the improvements that we all would like to see build wise? The gunpod and landing gear, etc. The gunpod and its mounting problem were a bummer for me as far as the price goes. Otherwise, I have been ok with it. I was really happy to even see it made. I have to agree some, that after spending the money for it and it having the QC problems, I feel a little disappointed. Granted no one held a gun to my head and said you need to buy this, but I wasn't sure if it was going to be reissued again, so I took the chance. Now that is is going to be release with the FP, I wish I didn't bother before. But, live and learn. However, by the same token, the 1st release for its price point (although complex), should not have had these problems. Its like buying dvd movies lately. They release the initial collector's one, them a few months later, the dircetor's cut, then a little while after that the ultimate edition, etc. Just get it right the first time. If you know there is a good market for a highly demanded item, yet low volume item, make it right the first time. Then everyone is happy and will be back for more. I am probably going to give up on my hobby soon. Pricing has increased greatly, while QC has gone down. Hopefully, there will be a day when the 1st release is truely a quality piece, as it should be.

I'd tone down the cheek in your post mate. :angry: You've made your point, you've battyed enough, no punching below the belt at the man that has worked so hard in getting our voice across to Yamato.

Yes, Graham and Shawn, the dudes that make Macrossworld possible and plunk down $$$ (more than three digits per year) so we can b i t c h around for free!!!

I'd ask for respect and constructive criticism when we talk to each other.

I'd tone down the cheek in your post mate. :angry: You've made your point, you've battyed enough, no punching below the belt at the man that has worked so hard in getting our voice across to Yamato.

I agree. Graham has been very kind to the community. If it weren't for his and others efforts you wouldn't even have a borad to complain on, so show a little respect.

well. This thread took a nasty turn.

i like my 19. Ive never stated otherwise. It had some minor issues. I fixed em. Ive been buying Marvel Legends since the Spiderman classics line first came out, and they have problems all the time. Loose parts, soft plastic, broken bits, bent bits...the list goes on. i fix em or swap em for new ones.

the only Yamato product thats really bothered me was the Garland. it was clear from early on that the shoulders were 2 weak. that should have been fixed much sooner than it was.

I also dont necessarily agree with this "Yamato should have told us" concept. Thats crap. They tell us whats coming in advance of its arrival. who out there seriously thought we would never see another version of the 19? Fast packs, repainted whatever...did any of u truly believe this was it? If so then quickly snatch up a 51, coz they'll NEVER do that again!

C'mon guys! There are....what 12 or so different flavours of VF-1? David is right; the 19 is arguably the 2nd most popular valk in macross. they will do several versions, u watch. Its the whole reason I didnt buy 2 right off the cuff to customise; they will do more.

U dont like the fold booster pack? to expensive? Thats cool. Wait awhile and get the next 19 to come out. Me? Im torn. the more i look at the set the more i like it. Ill have to see what it will cost me in the end. Hell, I paid $375 Aussie for my low viz 1, so it cant be worse than that!

Lets just chill! Im not saying the complaints arent valid. QC with Yamato can be a problem, we have all seen it. But the choice to buy is entirely with you.

That's the whole point of the b*tching and moaning. WE ARE NOT IN CONTROL. If everyone just make a stand for a better quality product, we can still have a win-win situation.

How can we? Technically the US market belongs to Toynami and HG. In essense, Yamato doesnt have to listen to us, do they?

well. This thread took a nasty turn.

i like my 19. Ive never stated otherwise. It had some minor issues. I fixed em. Ive been buying Marvel Legends since the Spiderman classics line first came out, and they have problems all the time. Loose parts, soft plastic, broken bits, bent bits...the list goes on. i fix em or swap em for new ones.

the only Yamato product thats really bothered me was the Garland. it was clear from early on that the shoulders were 2 weak. that should have been fixed much sooner than it was.

I also dont necessarily agree with this "Yamato should have told us" concept. Thats crap. They tell us whats coming in advance of its arrival. who out there seriously thought we would never see another version of the 19? Fast packs, repainted whatever...did any of u truly believe this was it? If so then quickly snatch up a 51, coz they'll NEVER do that again!

C'mon guys! There are....what 12 or so different flavours of VF-1? David is right; the 19 is arguably the 2nd most popular valk in macross. they will do several versions, u watch. Its the whole reason I didnt buy 2 right off the cuff to customise; they will do more.

U dont like the fold booster pack? to expensive? Thats cool. Wait awhile and get the next 19 to come out. Me? Im torn. the more i look at the set the more i like it. Ill have to see what it will cost me in the end. Hell, I paid $375 Aussie for my low viz 1, so it cant be worse than that!

Lets just chill! Im not saying the complaints arent valid. QC with Yamato can be a problem, we have all seen it. But the choice to buy is entirely with you.

that's fine, but yamato has given us information on bundles before... namely the 1/48 vf-1j super bundle and the stealth bundle. They told us there would be two seperate packages available. one with fast packs, one without. What's so wrong with asking them to continue what they have done in the past?

Again, the choice is up to us, I would just like to have more information so I can make the choice that best suits me.

Im torn. the more i look at the set the more i like it. Ill have to see what it will cost me in the end.

Me too, call me an idiot but I'm gonna buy it.

Yeah, compared with the strike/fast packs it's OVERPRICED. I do believe that in part, it's because Yamato knows it will sell a whole awful less.

Compared to when I take my girlfriend out to dinner to a nice place $50 fricken bucks is a joke. Seriously guys, how cheap can we be??? Even in Mac (insert your favorite fast food chain) Murder you spend $10-15 for a "ten-minutes-meal-for-two-people-that-you'll-end-up-s h i t t i n g!!!! :lol::lol: $50 bucks for a light up dildo that will last you as long as you want is a bargain!!!!

Seriously, we don't have to lose perspective. Most of us are adults complaining about an add-on for a toy!!! For Gods sake, quit b@tching, get out of mommy's basement and instead of wasting $50 on a dildo invite some with that money to have a fun time ;)

That's just my lousy two cents, for what it's worth.

I'm really losing interest in Yamato. I was a good customer and picked up the first release of the YF-19 for around $200. Now if I want the fast packs I have to pay $60. If I would have waited I could have saved $30 by getting the $230 bundle. I guess in this case Yamato is going to lost out on $30 since I am not going to purchase the fast pack set.

I really like the Macross designs and the various bits that get added onto the valks as the different shows progress but I'm questioning whether I should support a company with continually shoddy QC, ever increasing prices and increasingly devious marketing.

that's fine, but yamato has given us information on bundles before... namely the 1/48 vf-1j super bundle and the stealth bundle. They told us there would be two seperate packages available. one with fast packs, one without. What's so wrong with asking them to continue what they have done in the past?

Again, the choice is up to us, I would just like to have more information so I can make the choice that best suits me.

When the Stealth was released they already had the FAST packs ready to go along with it, so they gave us opportunity to choose the set we wanted. The YF-19 was already on the market when they decided to develop and release the fold booster.

It's only logical for Yamato to release the FB set sepperatly AND combined with the 19 cause that's what they did with the Stealth, they're giving us a choice to buy the set we want.

Heck, software developers are far worse than toy companies about releasing products before they are ready and properly tested. More often than not new software is bug-ridden right out of the box and requires multiple patches before they work.

Yep and some even do it on purpose just to charge you more for support. :D

The fold booster is kinda like the milia figure that came with the red qrau. Sure it might not be the best add on, and you could do without it, but imo the FP would feel a little bare without that booster.

Its like you make a trip to the Post office to post something one at a time going back and forth when you could just save effort and post all your letters in one day. The FP is too skinny to feel like it even deserves its own box. May as well chuck in the glowing dildo.

I do agree that 19 w FP should be a default set. But going by the old 1/72 tradition, maybe they thought we'd all just buy two yf-19? 1 for the non-fp version. And another with FP. hehe given the price of just one 1/60 19 though, it doesn't sound like a good idea when you think about it. It's actually the fault of design of the 19 itself because the fp are so small. How much detail can something like it hold? The fold booster adds a little extra something to beef up the kit.

By the time they get to the vf-11 though, the FP will be beefy. I wonder if that extra beefiness translates to slightly higher cost of the super upgrade kit? (and if the super will also include atmospheric boosters?)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

Which doesn't speak very higly of Yamato. If you need a Macross fan to CONSTANTLY tell you that this part is that colour or that their toys break you are not very professional.

Ok, lets do this by numbers:

In the Yamato price battying thread it's been said that retail isn’t wholesale. Fine.

$50-60%= $20 for the YF-19 FP

-Well, the VF-1 fast packs would also be about $20... and they aren't 4 pieces of thin plastic, a tiny doll and a tube that lights up.

-For $20 you can buy one of these for retail

[attachmentid=40493]

Yes, Toynamy suks, but these actually do something, aren’t from a big company and also target a small market. In wholesale they should be dirt cheap but people don't feel so cheated paying retail for them.

- Their last three transforming toys have had designs fartups they could have avoided and most of the older Macross stuff also needed fixes in later releases. Don’t expect the unsatisfied costumers of the YF-19 to applaud Yamato now for charging so much for something they could have included in the package (those four thin pieces of plastic).

-It’s a first release sooooo… well, it doesn’t transform so maybe there won’t be any problems. Maybe.

Verdict: these things ARE expensive. Yamato is taking advantage of being the only maker of Macross toys, which is perfectly normal and I applaud them for it; but if they don't deliver quality products until the second or third release then they don't deserve any special treatment or unquestioned love from fans.

post-2996-1171712224_thumb.jpg

Edited by Twoducks

And just what do those pieces of plastic do? Those are an abomination, and I can't believe you used that to compare against the YF-19 Fold booster set. Please use relevant examples to back up your posts.

That last post as well was a reminder to show respect cause you guys are getting worked up over a bloody toy. You've had your batty, but that is just not enough, next thing you want is a Yamato CEO head nailed up on your wall and all their children sent to the salt mines for life. If that's not the case then stop making personal attacks on other people. Toy companies willing to listen to fans and recieve feedback on their products. Yeah. That's really unprofessional. I would have thought totally ignoring us would be more unprofessional, but obviously your definition is different.

Hume....interesting...does this mean Yamato planned to have FB prior the 1st release...but hold back...$$$ :unsure:

I see clips for the end of the shoulder FAST Pack armour.

The legs are attached by magnets, this i know for sure cause you can attach a VF-0 FAST Pack to a YF-19 leg.

They always have dude. Like the 1/48 VF-1. All editions regardless can accommodate FAST Packs. The only toys that were not like that were the VF-1 in 1/60 scale. I dunno if you would count the M+ toys.

And just what do those pieces of plastic do? Those are an abomination, and I can't believe you used that to compare against the YF-19 Fold booster set. Please use relevant examples to back up your posts.

Well, they transform. Do the mighty YP-19 FP transform, show mechanical detail or otherwise do anything other than stick to a toy???? The tube lights up... wow :o

And I did use a relevant example to back up my post. You not liking it does not make it irrelevant. I just pointed out that a small company that caters to a niche market (like Yamato) can make something that retails for cheap. That and that Yamato will sell in wholesale these Fp for more or less the final price stores are asking for the Toynami stuff. Make your own conclusions; to me is that Yamato will be making good money out of four pieces of plastic and a plastic tube with a led.

That last post as well was a reminder to show respect cause you guys are getting worked up over a bloody toy. You've had your batty, but that is just not enough, next thing you want is a Yamato CEO head nailed up on your wall and all their children sent to the salt mines for life. If that's not the case then stop making personal attacks on other people.

What personal attack? I quoted your post because the last part (the one I made to look in bold and big) speaks about the way Yamato does business.

Toy companies willing to listen to fans and recieve feedback on their products. Yeah. That's really unprofessional. I would have thought totally ignoring us would be more unprofessional, but obviously your definition is different.

Nope, not doing your job right is unprofessional.

-It's their job to know which are the right colours, not the fans.

-It's their job to put out a ready and properly tested product, not the fans.

-It's their job to find out what’s wrong with their products, not the fans. But look:

Q: Will Yamato redesign the shoulder of the VF-0 toy after so many people have reported it breaking.

A: Actually, we have not heard this problem from Japanese customer, but the factory is looking into it.

Well, good thing people battyed about that one.

-Listening to costumer feedback is also their job; it’s not a gift they give their costumers.

Not doing three out of four things a serious company has to do does not make them professional. When their design fartups are constant you aren’t dealing with a professional company

Oh, and one thing: Graham happens to run the most important Macross website outside of Japan. If Macrossworld is the prime gatekeeper of all that if Macross for the rest of the world, it's sure is one hell of a presentation card that backs up Graham's recommendations to Yamato. Would they listen to Graham if there was no Macrossworld?

Good thing Graham cares about Macross and is there to babysit Yamato.

Yeah, the rest of the world is gravy market, but having it all lead to Macrossworld sure makes their overseas customers have a voice worth listening to Yamato.

Without normal unsatisfied costumer “whining†there would probably still be sloppy shoulders on the VF-0

Yeah, the battying is getting out of hand. But the whole “poor Yamato†rants are also exaggerations.

Well, they transform. Do the mighty YP-19 FP transform, show mechanical detail or otherwise do anything other than stick to a toy???? The tube lights up... wow :o

And I did use a relevant example to back up my post. You not liking it does not make it irrelevant. I just pointed out that a small company that caters to a niche market (like Yamato) can make something that retails for cheap. That and that Yamato will sell in wholesale these Fp for more or less the final price stores are asking for the Toynami stuff. Make your own conclusions; to me is that Yamato will be making good money out of four pieces of plastic and a plastic tube with a led.

I myself am also unimpressed at cheap toys that require parts swapping to make a complete toy rather than an accessory kit. Wow. Toynami also caters to niche market, but it is widely accessible compared to yamato due to licensing restrictions. Just because the YF-19 FP set does not meet your expectations as a customer does not mean it does "nothing." Yes it is just a piece of plastic, but a piece of plastic that meets my expectations as a consumer cause it decorates my YF-19, and I will damn well pay for a set if i can afford it and want it. Just like the the Toynami 1/100, it does not meet my expectations as a consumer, so I refuse to buy it and

What personal attack? I quoted your post because the last part (the one I made to look in bold and big) speaks about the way Yamato does business.

Nope, not doing your job right is unprofessional.

-It's their job to know which are the right colours, not the fans.

-It's their job to put out a ready and properly tested product, not the fans.

-It's their job to find out what’s wrong with their products, not the fans. But look:

Well, good thing people battyed about that one.

-Listening to costumer feedback is also their job; it’s not a gift they give their costumers.

Not doing three out of four things a serious company has to do does not make them professional. When the design fartups are constant you aren’t dealing with a professional company

And all professional companies don't make mistakes? I'm not saying that Yamato are angels by any degree, and yes they certainly made mistakes. Listing to customer feedback is their job certainly, but really, how many toy companies do that these days. Not many. Yamato were nice enough to add details on to the YF-19 due to our feedback. If you are resentful because of the colour of the VF-0A, then blame kawamori, not Yamato. I do agree that they need to improve their product testing, but like any other company there are always areas to improve on.

Oh, and one thing: Graham happens to run the most important Macross website outside of Japan. If Macrossworld is the prime gatekeeper of all that if Macross for the rest of the world, it's sure is one hell of a presentation card that backs up Graham's recommendations to Yamato. Would they listen to Graham if there was no Macrossworld?

Good thing Graham cares about Macross and is there to babysit Yamato.

Yeah, the rest of the world is gravy market, but having it all lead to Macrossworld sure makes their overseas customers have a voice worth listening to Yamato.

Without normal unsatisfied costumer “whining†there would probably still be sloppy shoulders on the VF-0

Yeah, the battying is getting out of hand. But the whole “poor Yamato†rants are also exaggerations.

If you have a broken product that is not your fault then you have every right to complain about it. But to keep on going on and on and on about how their products are absolute crap is not on (not you, just for clarity), especially BEFORE they are released.

Edited by kensei

Thank you Kensei, I was wondering about that for some time. I did read Graham mention that Yamato is thinking of including the missiles/armanent for release as well, which would be an awesome addition.

I don't think Yamato will include the missiles into the FB set but release it separately instead.

Quote from Graham's report of the meeting.

It was mentioned that Yamato are strongly considering producing the wing-mounted missiles and missile pods shown on the cover of the TIAS Macross Plus book as an accessory set for the 1/60 scale YF-19 toy.

Released one by one, each with its own Issue Number, individually packaged in an 1 foot cube deluxe art-box, though little chances of loose joints or crooked missile, to be safe, people should wait for the realese of the first missile to make sure there are no QC issues... :lol:

I don't think Yamato will include the missiles into the FB set but release it separately instead.

Quote from Graham's report of the meeting.

Edited by Mowe

nah, the missiles will be released with version 2 of the fast packs (100 USD) and a bundled YF-19 set (300 USD). they will be completely naked plastic and when people here complain about the missiles not even being painted, we'll be told to shut our pie holes and be thankful for what the great god yamato chooses to bless us with.

Ok,

Now that I had enough sleep and not so cranky about this, I am gonna break this down as reasonable one can get.

1. Many of us so-called Yamato fanboy, defenders, etc did not say Yamato can do no wrong. Let me repeat: Many of us so-called Yamato fanboy, defenders, etc did not say Yamato can do no wrong.. We saw the problems and are in no way belittling your issues. We acknowledge Yamato has problems. Heck we agree Yamato needs more testing. So you can stop attacking Kensei, me, DnD, Graham, and others who speak out against you about this.

2. However, as points have been made where does this complaining and whining end? We have three threads with more than 7 pages of bickering each thread about yf-19 quality, pricing, and Yf-19 FP releases. And they are the top 3 threads in the toy sections. So now what? You want another thread to complain? Let me ask: Will it solve anything? You made your point and now to move on. No need to dwell. Or do we?

3. You should be civil about this. Attacking Graham is not right. He has done things for us and at one time he paid for it when he released info that he should not have released. Attacking other ppl, calling the YF-19 fold booster a Dildo and such is childish and stupid. Show some respect around here. Stay calm, it is a toy for our enjoyment. That's right enjoyment. Except in here we are bickering, fighting like a bunch of kids in a schoolyard. Are we enjoying this? I sure dont when I come to the toy sections. Am I asking we go happy go lucky? No. Just not seeing bickering from kingdom come. Turning friends into enemies and such.

Can't we just get along? :o

Edited by Godzilla

Godzilla,

I'm sorry, but many yamato defeneders DO belittle our experiences. Comments like: if you don't like it, don't buy it... just be thankful... those things are minor.. etc all say that our complaints are without merit.

I'll state again, I didn't KNOW that the VF-0 was going to have brittle shoulders that SHATTERED on me after 5 transformations. I didn't know that the Garland would do the same. I didn't know that a yf-19 FP bundle would be released and I took yamato at their word that a shin type VF-0 wasn't going to be released. I even defended yamato when they told us the shin type was an animation mistake...

I do agree that personal attacks against users have no place here and I do agree that personal attacks against Graham are extremely in poor taste.

And yes... these anti-yamato threads go on and on... on the other hand, I still have 550 dollars worth of busted yamato toys. Toys that yamato has admitted they goofed on and are willing to fix... only, I have to pay for that privilege. And yes, I understand the why... but after all this.. it just feels like salt in the wounds.

However, as points have been made where does this complaining and whining end? We have three threads with more than 7 pages of bickering each thread about yf-19 quality, pricing, and Yf-19 FP releases. And they are the top 3 threads in the toy sections. So now what? You want another thread to complain? Let me ask: Will it solve anything? You made your point and now to move on. No need to dwell. Or do we?

Gonna emphasize that... noone is saying some people didn't get worse units than others, but honestly, what is all thius complaining accomplishing? I would be much less annoyed with these threads if there was any constructive criticism in them... so far I''ve just seen ALOT of battying and moaning without any sort of end point or contrsructive comment to offer... And honestly, some of the louder complainers (not you eugimon) have just at this point delved into immature attacks and rants about things they know nothing about and are just looking for more to complain about (I point you to the "Price Gouging" thread, where NOONE is yet sure who they're complaining about... :rolleyes: ) Seriosuly, if anyone had anything positive or constructive to offer in any of these threads, the us 'Yamato Defenders' :rolleyes: would not still be trying to shut everyone up... but at this point, I think the whole board is getting really sick of nothing but incessant whining to no end... there are problems, yes, but simply complaing doesn't get us anywhere... At this point, these really ticked off owners should be past bickering and moving on to find a way to deal with their problem... either by returning the toy or finding a replacement part or a way to fix the problem (which we have a huge thread for the 19 about but it seems not nearly enough of the whiners are finding...) I understand and emphasize with someone upset about a flawed expensive purchase, but by now, we should be able to move beyond jsut pissing and moaning about it.

Speaking on just the FP and FB issue here, I kinda regret calling the Fold Booster a "foldildo" now (though I'm sure someone would've eventually come up with that particular nickname).

Make no mistake, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE how the FP's look on the 19. And I totally understand the business logic behind Yamato packaging the FB, the FP's, and Yang together like this.

But I just can't justify spending that much money on four pieces of armor that I really like and two other accessories that I'm (personally) ambivalent about. For me, it's the asking price (and what we get at that asking price) that's keeping me from taking the plunge.

I'm cool with not buying the set. Though, I imagine if I were someone who'd been waiting YEARS for a FP'd YF-19, I'd be frustrated or a little torn by this whole situation.

Look, I have my reasons for not buying this. And others have their own equally justifiable reasons for buying this set. I think this board is big enough for both sides to peacefully co-exist. ;)

Look, I have my reasons for not buying this. And others have their own equally justifiable reasons for buying this set. I think this board is big enough for both sides to peacefully co-exist. ;)

They crack open their eggs on the wide end, and we crack our eggs open on the narrow end; clearly, you can see, that war is the only logical course of action... :p