Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

The Nora ver of SV-51 looks way wrong, pink base should be of darker tone and the stripes should be of dull yellow. Same goes for the VF-0S, wonders why in the world would they choose the base color to be beige instead of greyish white. :unsure: Im contented to have just the VF-0A Shin and SV-51 Ivanov for the time being. ^_^

Hey, I'm sure this is what Kawamori says Nora's plane REALLY looks like. It just looks pink and yellow because of the animators. And Yamato has no plans to issue a more anime-accurate version in the future. Probably with a daisy-cutter... :p;)

HA!

Just saw this post now.

It's funny how they keep mentioning "Kawamori says it's this & that color".

I mean, they made the yf-21fp purple, the yf-19's neck grey, screwed select buyers like myself over with the vf-0a paint scheme, made the vf-0 ghost light grey and it's missile pods fish-sausage light orange and now took the liberty in making nora's stripes tacky gold. They obviously have significant control over the colors and yet when we mention something's f-ed up, they say it's "Kawamori's idea."

Whatever. :rolleyes:

I definitely like Ivanov's ( got one on pre-order) and the CF scheme on the SV-51, but Nora's... not so much. The gold on the magenta airframe looks paradoxically cheap (like Bandai's VF-19 Kai cheap), and far too toyish (it is a toy, I know :p ) for my taste. I think that solid, or even translucent, yellow would have looked far better. As for camera flash affecting how it looks, the magenta is definitely affected (the darker image is far more flattering), but the gold just goes from bright metallic to dark, rusty, brown, and unappealing either way.

And I agree that the SV-51 just screams to be given some Russian paint schemes, specially SU-27 inspired ones.

I agree it deserves a classical su-27 camo

the photos of my lovely flanker

http://img390.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02083te3.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02081dj0.jpg

http://img299.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc02080aa5.jpg

such camo on the SV-51 would be great don't you think ???

I also agree, that's why I built one of my Hasegawa's that way. Here are a few pic's of my lovely SV-51 I built a few years ago.

Chris

post-265-1187119186_thumb.jpg

post-265-1187119229_thumb.jpg

post-265-1187119258_thumb.jpg

post-265-1187119281_thumb.jpg

post-265-1187119298_thumb.jpg

so.. I'm wondering if the CF sv-51 will get the drop tanks and the daisy cutter, since it shouldn't get the booster packs, right?

I'm pretty sure the boosters will be included with Nora's SV-51. She used them in the anime didn't she? :huh:

I don't remember seeing a CF SV-51 using the boosters so hopefully Yamato will include the fuel bomb etc. with that.

*edit* I can just imagine my display in about a year from now. One CF SV-51 in fighter mode with fuel bomb, Nora's SV-51 in fighter mode with the booster chasing Shin's VF-0A with the Ghost and Ivanov's SV-51 in gerwalk or battroid in a cool pose fighting Focker's VF-0S in the Reactive Armor.

Edited by Dante74

That looks so much better than any official paint scheme. Wow.

I would love to see B and G mode in those colours.

IIRC, Dobber's paint scheme was done by hand brushing -- makes it all the more amazing to me.

Edited by Wicked Ace

Woah, it Yamato puts out a SV-51 repaint like Dobber's, I'll have to reconsider skipping the 51... Dobber's camo 51 looks so good, it makes me want a camo SV-51 despite not liking the SV-51. :lol:

With fewer and fewer days left go for this bad boy to be released my wallet keeps screaming in pain. Poor wallet may you rest in peace. I'm sure glad YAMATO is taking the time to get his first release to be as perfect as possible. It seems that Lost and Found toys pre-order for this item has magically disappeared from their site lol. :huh: So is it official this thing will be coming out on the 20th or is it still an estimate of end of August? I sure hope Mr.Graham will do a review on this before they all sell out ^_^ .

I also agree, that's why I built one of my Hasegawa's that way. Here are a few pic's of my lovely SV-51 I built a few years ago.

Chris

Dobber, great color scheme. And my personal thought, if Yamato were to come out something like what Dobber has done, it will be another hot cake. Now... all we are asking from Yamato is, "GIVE ME MY PERFECT SV-51!" Even though i know there is no such thing as perfect Valk. I really hope i can get it by next week. My hand is itching for something that would melt my heart and say... 'awh.....'.

ikhii

Ahhhh~~!!! :lol: So big...So magnificent...So majestic...So EVIL!!!! Love this to death now, but my wallet is going to hate me for this. I just want couple for a Sukhoi color variant, Ace Combat 4 Yellow 13 scheme, Mig silver scheme, and a Sukhoi Frogfoot scheme....SIGH!

Looking at that size comparison, I think you could still fit the sv-51 in the same sized box that the other macross zero 1/60 valks came in, they would have to fold the wings and open up the feet to do it though. Hehe :)

Thanks Everyone, I really appreciate the compliments. Wicked Ace is correct, this was the last model that I entirerly brush painted. I was pretty good at it when I made this model but it is much more time intensive to paint a model by hand like that...and with a baby (at the time...now is 4) just don't have the time for that anymore so I learned to use other methods to move things along much faster but still look good!! :p:D

IIRC, didn't the first VF-1 Low vis come from a custom that some did for a Hobby Mag? Graham, feel free to show this to Yamato....maybe peek their interest. All I ask for in return is one for free!! :lol: Just kidding about the last part, but I'd love to see a Large scale Yamato painted like this....without having to do it myself that is.

Chris