Yamato's 1/60 SV-51.

UN Spacy

Hey, I'm sure this is what Kawamori says Nora's plane REALLY looks like. It just looks pink and yellow because of the animators. And Yamato has no plans to issue a more anime-accurate version in the future. Probably with a daisy-cutter... :p;)

Some pictures looks good and others <_< .

At least those gold marking are painted and not stickers.

I still can not stop looking at my Hasegawa SV-51.

If using gold paint perhaps the base purple should be metal flake also.

Really make Nora high vis.

Some pictures looks good and others <_< .

At least those gold marking are painted and not stickers.

I still can not stop looking at my Hasegawa SV-51.

If using gold paint perhaps the base purple should be metal flake also.

Really make Nora high vis.

I agree, if the yellow is a metallic gold it makes the molded in magenta look really awful.

The color would probably look like that because of the camera flash or lighting. If you were to actually see the model at the show, I'm sure the colors are more favorable. Then again the Macross 0 Line up is almost complete right? We are just missing out the SV-51 cannon fodder colors, the VF-0D, and the Shin VF-0D. :)

Sigh...definitely ordering a fleet of this one so I can repaint as a Russian scheme!

Edited by Hayabusa

Man! :wacko:

Just been on the forum for a couple of weeks and I don't know how I ever got by without it. All this inside stuff you guys come across... I didn't even know that they were going to release a Nora... That is some really great news I just wonder how I'm gonna pay for all the great stuff!

J. :lol:

Ok just because I like to scan threads for pics and not actually read anything I think these should go here! I didn't notice this before but check out the sketch of the yf-21 in the background.

post-404-1187010382_thumb.jpg

post-404-1187010408_thumb.jpg

post-404-1187010425_thumb.jpg

post-404-1187010443_thumb.jpg

Edited by scand

I definitely like Ivanov's ( got one on pre-order) and the CF scheme on the SV-51, but Nora's... not so much. The gold on the magenta airframe looks paradoxically cheap (like Bandai's VF-19 Kai cheap), and far too toyish (it is a toy, I know :p ) for my taste. I think that solid, or even translucent, yellow would have looked far better. As for camera flash affecting how it looks, the magenta is definitely affected (the darker image is far more flattering), but the gold just goes from bright metallic to dark, rusty, brown, and unappealing either way.

And I agree that the SV-51 just screams to be given some Russian paint schemes, specially SU-27 inspired ones.

Edited by mechaninac

I don't think Yamato would really go with the gold look. Keep in mind this it is probably the combination of this being a prototype and bad camera flash. This is what I hope it ends up looking like. I think this is more anime acurate.

post-404-1187017425_thumb.jpg

I don't think Yamato would really go with the gold look. Keep in mind this it is probably the combination of this being a prototype and bad camera flash. This is what I hope it ends up looking like. I think this is more anime acurate.

definately more accurate :rolleyes:

I do hope that that gold trim is just for the prototype and goes back to the yellow color scand noted. I also hope that the color is not that pinkish and that the flash from the camera made the coloring look so light.

I think that the lighting was bad in some of those photos and that the gold would turn out nice if it is displayed with the right lighting. This photo made it look really great IMO.... And I am definitely getting one, even if I have to sell my . . . guitar.

post-4840-1187027412_thumb.jpg

Edited by miriya

I don't know about you guys, but around my parts we call "metallic brown" bronze. ;)

Sorry to all the Nora fans. That scheme doesn't look like it was pulled off very well. The problem is that the yellow accents are supposed to highlight the deep magenta, while in Yamato's case the bronze accents are actually darker than the magenta instead of being lighter than the magenta like they are supposed to be, which reverses the highlight effect. Not good.

Maybe it's the lighting, although I doubt it.

And now I've got the mental image of a YF-21 with dark gold/bronze accents stuck in my head.

Stick with yellow, Yamato.

What have we got for releases in between the YF-21?

We got the Ghost standalone, Roy, and Roy+Ghost combo, and then what... Nora? Nothing else till the 21?

I guess yamato should slow down and make sure everything is ready for the 21's release. I'm happy with Nora b4 the 21.

That and the Revoltech VF-1's coming every so months it's really a dream come true. Especially knowing the 21 is coming! :p

Edited by ruskiiVFaussie