Neograde Armored VF1 resin kit conversion

zeo-mare

Check out this new resin kit conversion for what i believe is the the Hasegawa VF-1S. it is from a group called Neograde who has done a awesome MG NU-Gundam conversion kit. this will be on sale soon . i like the way it looks alittle different then the original but i always like change and orginality even if it is not always canon

http://www.neograde.com/gallery.htm?TBL=w_...m=12&page=1

Edited by zeo-mare

hmm I'm not sure what to think about that, it looks like a quality casting job and it's neat and all but it deviates a bit too much from the original and the parts don't look like that fit all then well together.

hmm I'm not sure what to think about that, it looks like a quality casting job and it's neat and all but it deviates a bit too much from the original and the parts don't look like that fit all then well together.

because it is not finished, that is why the parts are still being held by tape, you see this alot on many resin conversion kits or scratchbuilds. they still need time to finish the parts. the Nu gundam he did looks great it has the heavy weapons set with it. but this one is his next project there is still work to be done. but i cannot wait to see it finished, it will look cool along side the standard GPB so i think it is neat to have this stylized version along side the classic, it is not often we get any real good resin kit conversions like this, so i am eager about this release.

chris

Edited by zeo-mare

Nevermind nothing to see here. . . These aren't the droids we're looking for . . . move along.

Edited by Chas

Here's a page with earlier pics I found:

http://www.neograde.com/gallery.htm?TBL=w_...m=11&page=1

Looks like a lot of the details were changed between the two sets of pics. And they definitely steered the project in a more non-canon direction.

All in all, I think I like it. I'll buy one if it's reasonably priced.

And yes, the pics of the finished kit are definitely resin casts, not the masters. They could have just as easily been glued in place.

Don't know about it really.....it's quite trippy, but I like my Yamato 1/48 version. I do admire how he slimmed down the design while retaining functionality and detail.

Edited by kensei

I'm gonna get hit for saying this, but it reminds me of the "Thunder Hammer." Yes, I'm sorry I brought that up. :mellow: - MT

Oh you shouldn't get hit . Actually I was surprise to the similarities..I think the guy tried to incorporate a mix of the classic and the Thunder's GBP style.

I would buy it with the idea of moding it close to the classic GBP since the arms shouldes and forelegs are the real pain when it comes to moding the old imai kits..This kit has more of the hard work cut up for you; and like CobyOne said a bit of moding and gap filling could erase some unwanted details...

Edited by 007-vf1

Looks ok. I think I`d have to get the putty out but looks ok non the less.

Im glad that 007-Vf1 has mentioned that the Imaii one is a pig to convert to use on the Hasegawa as I was seriously thinking of chopping mine up to fit on a spare Hase kit. Dont think I will bother now. May be Hasegawa will do one now they have the zero in the bag.

Thunder hammer wasnt someone here making a conversion kit for the 1/55 or something IIRC.

Edited by big F

• 4 weeks later...

That looks pretty sweet! I like the way it is different, but not off the wall goofy or ridiculous.

I think it's a classy tweaked version of the original.