Transformers Super Thread 4: The Return

Dangard Ace

Or the simple reason behind the original color scheme:

Astrotrain was white and black. Space shuttles are white and black. Steam locomotives are black (often with white trim)

He was realistically colored in both modes, which is pretty rare for any non-car TF. I always wanted a white Astrotrain, as it'd make for a "perfect" shuttle mode.

Didn't Diaclone Blitzwing have grey and green for the same reasons?

Well yeah, I figured that much out. But he makes a pretty piss poor shuttle this time around.

Then, Hasbro should release it with the eHobby release colors. That'd rock.

Has anyone in England located the Classics Line yet? I'm crossing my fingers the Forbidden Planet near me will be getting them in consdering that they have started to stock the Titanium figures :mellow:

There were a few up on ebay from UK based sellers recently but they've mostly dried up. It's mostly Hong King based sellers at the moment. Not seen them in any "Bricks and Mortar" store as yet. T'is a shame. I quite fancy getting Bumblebee.

Karl

Hot Rod's definitely worth it...great design on the robot and car modes for a character that, love him or hate him, was pretty crucial to a major part of G1 history.

Hot Rod's definitely worth it...great design on the robot and car modes for a character that, love him or hate him, was pretty crucial to a major part of G1 history.

And if you hate him, there's oh so very many ways to humiliate him with the new articulated toys.

Lol...that's one way of looking at things. :p

Indeed... following Prime's Matrix tease, he got beat down by Starscream. Right now he's on his back with a gun in his face and a foot in his stomach... well, sort of. Classic Starscream isn't the best-articulated toy in the world.

Lol...I detect a BIT of pent up rage towards Roddy, methinks. Reminds me of when my friend Jessica used to put my Iron Man figures in...um...compromising positions in my old dorm room.

Lol...I detect a BIT of pent up rage towards Roddy, methinks.

Honestly, I don't even remember the whole "OMG PRIME'S DEAD" thing.

He's an easy target, though.

I COULD have Bumblebee begging for the Matrix, but there'd be no point. There's a context to Hot Rod. Especially with the "Hot Rodimus" label on the package.

As fara as being victimized by Starscream... I got them both at the same time.

I DID leave out the part where Starscream was trying to blast Prime and Hot Rod was running in to tackle him. Sorta like the movie, only he wasn't totally outclassed.

But it wasn't very amusing. The best part of it was Starscream, mainly due to the scale diffrence.

Current battles =

Classic Prime and Megatron. Prime's dodging Meggie's cannon, and ready for a counterblast.

Cybertron Swerve and Scrapmetal locked in a duel, with Classic Bumblebee ready to blast Scrapmetal from an overhang(having a hell of a lot more fun with Powermaster Prime's rifles on Bumblebee than I ever did with PM Prime himself).

Cybertron Unicron ripping Alternator Rollbar a new one while Alternator Ricochet shoots Unicron in the awkwardly large and heavy back.

To little effect. Dark gods of destruction simply don't fall to a single laser cannon.

Alternator Shockwave dangling Gen2 Bumblebee off a shelf while he and Alternator Jazz(excuse me, "Meister") threaten each other.

But Jazz is actually just a distraction for Alternator Mirage, who stands on another shelf, ready to leap out, blast Shockwave, and save Bumblebee before he can fall to his doom. Because Mirage is just that cool.

Classic Starscream is kicking Hot Rod's ass. They aren't very far from Cybertron Prime, so it's possible that Starscream was planning a Matrix theft and Hot Rod tried to stop him. If so, Starscream hasn't stopped to think about scale diffrences yet.

I really oughta move Unicron over to Cybetron Prime. Right now he's flashing his Matrix for no good reason. But scale diffrences make that one difficult.

Reminds me of when my friend Jessica used to put my Iron Man figures in...um...compromising positions in my old dorm room.

Heh.

Finally managed to find a Cybertron deluxe Megatron (the repaint of the beast wars dinosaur) at Wal-Mart for $7.88 and he rocks!! He is way cool! I am very impressed with this figure!

:)

I think he was short-packed in the boxes too, seeing as there was only 1 of him and the repaint of Optimus Prime (beast wars Gorilla) in the entire display, but there were tons of Smokescreen, Longrack, and Cannonball. Just wanted to share an FYI.

Finally managed to find a Cybertron deluxe Megatron (the repaint of the beast wars dinosaur) at Wal-Mart for $7.88 and he rocks!! He is way cool! I am very impressed with this figure!

I think he was short-packed in the boxes too, seeing as there was only 1 of him and the repaint of Optimus Prime (beast wars Gorilla) in the entire display, but there were tons of Smokescreen, Longrack, and Cannonball. Just wanted to share an FYI.

post pics man! I've been trying to find him too!(the gorilla prime is cool too, if you look at both of them they way they were meant to be, as prime and megatron temporarily altered with beast modes on the jungle planet...they were always meant for cybertron they only went to the beast wars anniversary series first solely because product slots opened up).

I saw both of those, actually, and I thought they looked pretty good...but I had to pass on them due to tight finances. Regretted it, too, although I don't have any place for them right now...

Wow, picked up Classics Megatron today. I thoroughly expected to regret the purchase within moments of opening the package....but I don't. Yes, like many recent Megatrons he looks like he'd be more at home popping pills while listening to repetative music in a dark warehouse than on a battlefield, but like all the other Classics toys I've picked up, he's definitely fun.

Not only that, but he's fairly large. He towers a couple heads over Classics Prime. Heck, he's a bit taller than some Alternators. And while he may look a bit colourful and cheap, he's still by far better than any Megatron/Galvatron toy we've seen in ages.

While I'd still like to see the Alternators line continue (and expand to non-street vehicles and weapons), I'm enjoying the Classics quite a bit. I might even get Astrotrain afterall.

Well I was excited as hell to see that the Transforers movie released today.........but no one had the damn dvd anywhere -_-........guess I'll just have to wait a few days since my area is the slowest to recieve anything.

Well I was excited as hell to see that the Transforers movie released today.........but no one had the damn dvd anywhere -_-........guess I'll just have to wait a few days since my area is the slowest to recieve anything.

I got mine at Wallymart. with the 3d lenticular-card thingy.

for $12, iirc.

with the iron-on autobot shirt-transfer exclusive. would've been alot better if it was an iron-on decepticon shirt-transfer.

dunno the other exclusives from other stores, tho.

:p

Edited by treatment

So far, from the Classics line, I've gotten Astrotrain, Starscream, and Hot Rod. Scream's my fave, of course, but Astrotrain's a lot cooler than I thought he might be--even his train mode.

Bought the new TF:TM 2 dvd boxset and I was....okay with it(since my previous one TFTM dvd was still good).

Plenty of good stuff but I want to bitch so without further ado...

Peeves: Brighter remastered colors. Good for some scenes but others made it too....shiny. Some scenes were meant to be dark and the darker colors reflected that.

Scramble City with commentary. WTF? Okay it was nice to see Scramble City but I certainly don't want to listen to two "fans" talk about the show. I want to hear the original japanese audio not two boobs yak.

Why was there some non-transformers related Sony game in the bonus section? I was psyched for a new announcement of a TF game but it was some stupid medieval preview...or was it Bloodrayne? Something stupid.

Hot Rod still killed Prime. That bastard. :p

Scramble City with commentary. WTF? Okay it was nice to see Scramble City but I certainly don't want to listen to two "fans" talk about the show. I want to hear the original japanese audio not two boobs yak.

They mentioned that when the DVD extras were announced ya know.......why are you surprised? :p

Why was there some non-transformers related Sony game in the bonus section? I was psyched for a new announcement of a TF game but it was some stupid medieval preview...or was it Bloodrayne? Something stupid.

They ALSO mentioned that in the DVD extras being announced lol.........there isn't going to be a new Transformers game till the movie comes out :p

They mentioned that when the DVD extras were announced ya know.......why are you surprised? :p

They ALSO mentioned that in the DVD extras being announced lol.........there isn't going to be a new Transformers game till the movie comes out :p

Go away. I'm bitching. :ph34r::p

Example of Scramble City Commentary: Oh this is a scene where Optimus transforms. Oh look, Motormaster transforms into a car. Look this is where the Aerialbots are shooting the Stunticons. See these five guys? They're going to combine into Bruticus.

Horrible horrible dialogue. Mute button was my friend through 7/8's of Scramble City.

Obscure transformers toy

IPB Image

Scroll to the bottom

http://home3.highway.ne.jp/nenriki/weapon.htm

Ah... the old Transformers trainset. Given I was a train fan and a transfan (Graham's right, that DOES sound wrong), it was inevitable that I got one of those for Christmas the year it came out. Standard Tyco HO scale train that ran on a defined mat with buildings and such. The trains, not counting the caboose/spaceship barely transformed.. posing a G.I.Joe involved more movement of plastic. It also came with a whole bunch of 'Autobots' and 'Decepticons' which were really M.U.S.C.L.E. - like robots that didn't look anything REMOTELY like Transformers (although some DID sort of look like the generic Autobots and Decepticons featured on Cybertron in the Marvel comics). It would've been VERY cool had you instead had figured that looked like the decoys that eventually came packaged with their larger selves.

All in all, you really got the feelingi it was a simply a repackaged generic robot product with Autobot symbols slapped on. But, then again, that's what Transformers were anyway. :D

Still, it was fun to put Bumblebee (either mode) on the tracks going "Oh! I'm stuck here with a train coming!Wait! That's an Autobot signal on the engine! It's must a friend! Hey! Stop! Look It's transforming....umm....by raising a radar dish and that's about it.... I'm not sure this thing is sentient......."

I remember a friend of mine had that trainset...I damn near broke into his house to try and see it, and when I finally went over to play one time, it sucked. Its transformation, such as it was, was not what I had in mind. :)

Scramble City with commentary. WTF? Okay it was nice to see Scramble City but I certainly don't want to listen to two "fans" talk about the show. I want to hear the original japanese audio not two boobs yak. P

Example of Scramble City Commentary: Oh this is a scene where Optimus transforms. Oh look, Motormaster transforms into a car. Look this is where the Aerialbots are shooting the Stunticons. See these five guys? They're going to combine into Bruticus.

Horrible horrible dialogue. Mute button was my friend through 7/8's of Scramble City.

Sony BGM could not get the rights to the audio (presumebly because of all the japanese actors involved). Nor was it practical to get (as some fans suggested) the surviving US voice actors to dub it. And since the special guests on the other DVD commentaries who worked on the movie, but had nothing to do with this episode, they would have nothing to say on any commentary for it. So rather than have a completely silent episode of TF, they have two fans explain it.

Why do you quote "fans" as if they're two random Sony guys paid to pretend to be fans? From what I recall, they're guys from 2005, the TF board who participated with to Sony produce this DVD.

Edited by Fit For Natalie

Sony BGM could not get the rights to the audio (presumebly because of all the japanese actors involved). Nor was it practical to get (as some fans suggested) the surviving US voice actors to dub it.

So why include it at all?

JBO: I presume that the 2005 members who helped Sony suggested including Scramble City and the project budget could only afford the video, but not the audio and the accompanying residuals for all the japanese actors.

kensei: What's wrong with it?

I got Classics SS and Cybertron Smokescreen today. Some red paint got on Smokescreen's visor, so I hacked it off. Looks better now, since Smokes isn't supposed to be visored ;)

I'll correct it. It's a fine figure. Just heaps of QC crap to fix up.

Heaps of ugly ugly sprue marks. I can't believe it's this bad. Usually they are clean on my other Cybertron figures. Like, these are ugly bumps, I'll trim them, but there is at least 11 I have to do.

1 arm completely succumbs to gravity. Can't stay up. I'll undo it and put wood glue in.

Pirme chest is scratched to hell. The blue windows. Got to polish them up.

Grease. WTF? Why is there grease on here? It ain't my hair gel, I dind't even touch it and looked at it from inside it's packaging. I'll have to clean that off. I think it is mold release agent or something.

Otherwise it's a fabulous figure, I do like the design. But can't believe I have to put a lot of work in to get it shipshape.

Edited by kensei