If Yamato Went Limited Version Again...

jenius

If Yamato were to make one more official Limited Version VF-1, I'd want it to be:  

62 members have voted

1. 1. If Yamato were to make one more official Limited Version VF-1, I'd want it to be:

• 1) TV Max 1A
    • 2) Hayao Kakizaki, DYRL or TV, leave Max for a full run
    • 3) Gray TV-style VF-1S as flown by Focker then Ichijo
    • 4) Gimme a green Alaska base version
    • 5) I've always wanted the navy blue birds seen briefly
    • 6) Ichijo training VF-1J
    • 7) LVIII, a whole new camo or low vis scheme!
    • 8) LVI-S reissued exactly as it was but with a 1S head!
    • 9) Other (Specify)
    • 10) I'm so over the VF-1. If it's not a 2 seater I don't care.

Sometimes, when work is slow, I daydream about what new toys I would like Yamato to make. Now that Yamato has moved away from the VF-1 I was wondering what kind of VF-1 toys Yamato could make that'd keep me buying. So here it is, my first attempt at a poll -

Call me crazy but I actually would like ot see the green Alaska base VF as a limited version. That doesn't necessarily mean I want it more than the others, but if one were going to be made limited then I think that's a good choice. It's kind of a draw with the Hayaos as I think limited is the only way that guy would ever see any production :(

No LE's, please. Yamato should produce any/all of those designs in whatever numbers will make sense for them without labeling it as an LE, even if it means making a production run that is smaller than usual. That way, they should sell enough to cover costs, turn a profit and meet projected demand. And if demand picks up again, they can reissue them any time.

I should have got a Max VF-1A when he was selling em for around $115 shipped.

DARN! Now I'm hoping there will be enough interest for a second run. Heck, if Hikaru's VF-1A can get a third run then why not Max.

No LE's, please. Yamato should produce any/all of those designs in whatever numbers will make sense for them without labeling it as an LE, even if it means making a production run that is smaller than usual. That way, they should sell enough to cover costs, turn a profit and meet projected demand. And if demand picks up again, they can reissue them any time.

But even stuff like alaska base which nobody can remember from the show? If people don't recognise it, they might not get it. But if they are collectors they might snap them up out of the hope they are rare.

(exactly what happened to LV 1)

Then the artificial demand created by the hoarder, renews interest in the rare ones, and yamato can create variants of it.

(exactly what happened with credit card valk turning into mass production stealth valk) :D

I should have got a Max VF-1A when he was selling em for around $115 shipped.

DARN! Now I'm hoping there will be enough interest for a second run. Heck, if Hikaru's VF-1A can get a third run then why not Max.

411866[/snapback]

i think you just answered you're own question right there. :D

the 1A max were the shelf warmers of shelf warmers as far as yamatos 1/48 line. so you gotta ask yourself, would you re-release a toy that sold the worst? thats like them re-releasing the millia q-rau! LOL!

But even stuff like alaska base which nobody can remember from the show? If people don't recognise it, they might not get it. But if they are collectors they might snap them up out of the hope they are rare.

(exactly what happened to LV 1)

411872[/snapback]

Yes, even the obscure ones. These toys are niche products anyway. Yamato already knows more or less the kind of demand they can expect. The people who may want these products later shouldn't be barred from getting them through timely re-issues.

Then the artificial demand created by the hoarder, renews interest in the rare ones, and yamato can create variants of it.

(exactly what happened with credit card valk turning into mass production stealth valk) :D

411872[/snapback]

It's precisely artifical demand and the phenomenon of the toy hoarder which I want to remove from this hobby. These toys should go to the fans and collectors, not to toy speculators and "investors"

not that i wouldn't mind another cool camo valk, i'd rather see a 2 seater since they can always go back and milk the VF-1 molds any time they want.

411834[/snapback]

I'll chime in with my tired old wish for a two-seater, low visibility color scheme. :)

It's precisely artifical demand and the phenomenon of the toy hoarder which I want to remove from this hobby. These toys should go to the fans and collectors, not to toy speculators and "investors"

I think LEs are badges of honor for the true diehards of the hobby. A lot of people shun LEs because they're abnormal in someway (not canon or otherwise unique) so the real diehards pick them up. If anything it benefits the diehards 'cause years later, when the investors have driven the price up, the diehards can reap the gains also. I don't find your fight against the LE so noble... if people are afraid of missing out they shouldn't hesitate. Besides, it's a great way for the company itself to make more money on the product through a reduced production run by slapping a higher MSRP on it, thus we get toys that otherwise wouldn't have made the cut.

what ever they make i know i'm still gonna buy it :p

i'd like to see a vf-1a kakizake or two seaters

....but not in limited quantities.

limited valks could be custom paint schemes like the low viz w/1s or 1j head

Well I voted for:

8) LVI-S reissued exactly as it was but with a 1S head!

I missed out on the Low Viss 1 and I really like the style they did with it, and the sticker set they gave it. And well they go for so much on Ebay now and days its probably impossible for me to get one (though I sure I could....if I was willing to spend the $$$$) But the main reason why I picked that was because I dont see why they choose an 1A version. When I think of the Vis 1...I think Elite for some reason. And well I think Elite people would fly the 1S. Plus it would give me an second chance to get one!! :p

Well I voted for:

8) LVI-S reissued exactly as it was but with a 1S head!

I missed out on the Low Viss 1 and I really like the style they did with it, and the sticker set they gave it. And well they go for so much on Ebay now and days its probably impossible for me to get one (though I sure I could....if I was willing to spend the $$$$) But the main reason why I picked that was because I dont see why they choose an 1A version. When I think of the Vis 1...I think Elite for some reason. And well I think Elite people would fly the 1S. Plus it would give me an second chance to get one!! :p

413088[/snapback]

I'd like to get one too!

:)

A battle damaged VF-1J.

413114[/snapback]

Wow I cant believe I never thought about the posabilty of something like that. I would totally be down with an battle damaged/extremely weatherd version of an VF-1. THere were some gundam toys that had battle damage added to them and I always thought they kinda looked cool. Cool suggestion Mephistopheles.

I think LEs are badges of honor for the true diehards of the hobby.  A lot of people shun LEs because they're abnormal in someway (not canon or otherwise unique) so the real diehards pick them up.  If anything it benefits the diehards 'cause years later, when the investors have driven the price up, the diehards can reap the gains also. 

412856[/snapback]

I guess that's where we differ significantly in opinion. I consider myself a fan, but I wouldn't consider owning one of these a badge of honor. I would consider it a treat and a delight because I think the design is cool. The rarity means nothing to me, other than making it that much harder to get into the hands of other fans.

I don't find your fight against the LE so noble... if people are afraid of missing out they shouldn't hesitate.  Besides, it's a great way for the company itself to make more money on the product through a reduced production run by slapping a higher MSRP on it, thus we get toys that otherwise wouldn't have made the cut.

412856[/snapback]

Dude, sometimes people just can't afford to buy these things right when they're released. I'm sure you can imagine all the different reasons why this is so.

Oh, and do recall that when the original Low Vis was released, its MSRP was the same as any of the other Valkyries, so unless Yamato is secretly selling some of these after-market, I don't see how they would get profit from higher prices.

Personally I like it when they stray from "canon" from time to time as long as it is plausible. If they came out with new types of fast packs for the VF-1 it wouldn't bother me or if they went into a 'what if' scenario and based the design of the VF-1 off a different plane -- like if it was based off the F-22 or Su-34 instead of the F-14.