The Melancholy Of Haruhi Suzumiya Thread

JValk

• 3 weeks later...

Hurra! After one month, I finally found the USB cable that allows me to connect my mobile phone with my laptop, and I can finally throw this picture up :)

Anyways - in October, my humble little store sponsored a humble little anime/manga convention that attracted about 1200 people. I stupidly did NOT bring my digital camera with me - and the result is this horribly blury picture taken with my mobile phone ... Gomene for that! Yeah, yeah - I know. How could I not bring my camera? It was a bad day. On the way to the convention, I had a little accident and lost my driver's side mirror...had to immediately get that fixed..and my breaks were acting up...had to replace the watcha-ma-call-its'... well whatever. I had fun at the convention! We stayed up all night watching Gurren Lagann and there were lots of cosplayers. Oh - and pizza delivery for 50% off! No Macross cosplayers :(

Although I DID meet a beautiful girl who was a Macross fan and could actually SING in Japanese - she sat with me and we sang "What Bout My Star" together for a while :) That was probably the high light of the weekend...

Well that and getting my picture with GOD! Wooo!

2isfm8y.jpg

Naturally - as per Haruhi Suzumiy'as wonderful idea of advertising hobby shops using cardboard and black markers - you can see I went all out with my marketing ;)

Was really happy to meet a nice girl cosplaying Haruhi!

As for me - if the picture were actually clear - I was going for a Shinji Ikari haircut - but you can't really see that...or anything else about me very clearly on this blurry photo!

Pete

Edited by VFTF1

• 2 weeks later...
Never seen this show, the plot sounds odd... like some weird quantum leap type show? Setting things right that go wrong?

Not a bad comparison, the tone of the show is pretty comparable, except the cast has to correct the things that are caused unknowingly by one person with powers.

This show is very good at presenting down to earth scifi and has some of the best character animation on TV.

Never seen this show, the plot sounds odd... like some weird quantum leap type show? Setting things right that go wrong?

Not really. Actually, this show sucks. It's just a bunch of stupid hentai rejects running around in mini skirts and some dorky nerdy guy who tags along. Same old same old really.

Pete

There's a trailer? I won't watch it, but not because I don't want to spoil the movie, but rather because I know it'll stink. Knowing SOS-dan, the blood was probably ketchup and the screaming? Yuki can't scream - that's impossible. All she ever says is "so" - ergo I deduce that the screaming is nothing but a bad dub by the Chief Director herself.

But generally, you won't catch me watching this lousy anime no siree bob. Worse show ever aired. Bar none. really... If you're a Haruhi newbie watching this thread, best go back to your mecha anime ...nothing to see here...

Pete

I'm in the process of making an Epic Haruhi Suzumiya comic featuring super robots and stuff... anyways... here's four sample pages!

syv4ap.jpg

21ay3v7.jpg

10xswu9.jpg

f03r54.jpg

I've got the first chapter done - these samples come from chapter 2. When I translate all of it into english, I'll put it up in this thread from the beginning :)

Pete

We really can't let this thread drop to page 2 like this, because otherwise you all well know that the universe will end.

So - remember: be kind to your neighbors, always say please, help old ladies cross the street and always always post in this thread when you see it dropping to the second page. It can be on the bottom of the first -fine...whatever...but second page? The world ends and we all die.

On that note, two treats.

1st:

Koi no mikuru densetsu...HEAVY METAL VERSION (really awesome imo)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dMUYfp_xK4

2nd:

Some fan art I did:

wjjaso.jpg

Beam On Dudes!

Pete

Well - I went ahead and watched the trailer. This is sure to be the big event of 2010 - the other big event will be the one that takes us all by surprise ! :)

Pete

The trailer does look pretty fantastic. Looks very different from the series...less science fiction and more drama...

And just to referring to the conversation we were having in the Macross 7 thread, I really do like Haruhi Suzumiya! When I wrote that I would like to see a greater emphasis placed on technologies that could further space travel I meant no disrespect to the SOS Brigade Leader! ;)

WELL THAT GOOD. I TAKE YOU OFF BAD BOY LIST THEN :lol:

Besides - it has been demonstrated that Data Transfer is the most efficient form of travel. Your body need not move faster than the speed of light in order to warp to a far off galaxy or dimmension. In fact, given that the physical body cannot stand the duress of the light-speed "bend" - the solution offered by Haruhi Suzumiya is the only feasable form of inter-stellar travel:

Namely - since the future exists, but we can't get to it yet physically - then we need t obeam our minds at the speed of light into space and telepathically take over our bodies in the future, where we'll be able to travel in space ships...without having to build them here.

That is unless there isn't ANY future in which there are space ships piloted by humans - mathematically impossible, since there must be at least one, or a portion of one, given probability.

The real question then becomes: how do we target the "correct" future? What if we beam our minds into a future in which there is no space travel?

Or - more to the point:

Why haven't people from the future with space travel technology beamed their minds into the past to make it?

Questions like these need answers.

Pete

it's 1 am - I really should go to bed...

That's really weird. I just watched the trailer and was quite surprised to hear the music they were playing it. The weird part about it is that I was thinking of that piece the other day and had no idea what it was called. I had only heard it in an old Legend of the Galactic Heroes Superfamicon game about 15 years ago and hadn't heard it since.

That's really weird. I just watched the trailer and was quite surprised to hear the music they were playing it. The weird part about it is that I was thinking of that piece the other day and had no idea what it was called. I had only heard it in an old Legend of the Galactic Heroes Superfamicon game about 15 years ago and hadn't heard it since.

By the power of google and youtube: Erik Satie - Gymnopédie No.1

Why haven't people from the future with space travel technology beamed their minds into the past to make it?

Questions like these need answers.

How do you know they haven't done it?

Maybe they already have and they just aren't allowed to share this knowledge. Because after all its "classified information", right? :lol:

Aah, Mikuru-chan...

How do you know they haven't done it?

Maybe they already have and they just aren't allowed to share this knowledge. Because after all its "classified information", right? :lol:

Aah, Mikuru-chan...

To quote my sig: kinsoku jikō des :lol:

Actually though - this information can be revealed:

Space Exploration Team LoliKondraWarera Report on Third Planet, SOL System

Begin Transmission:

Fuuck this place! We googled ourselves and here's what came up: www.Robotech.com.

We proceeded to email with questions and here's what we got back:

SPICE ALIENS RITE!!! BAN FOR YOU SPAMMERZ!!!

and:

Imagine I find you her! I wil byliv dat yu r spize alienz if and wen you are in Robotech Art 3 becaz al spize alienz r there you retarted spammer!

----

Most distressing. Analysis of this planet has therefore shown that they are not worthy of recieving our super advanced technology. Recomend moving on to next planet and letting these loosers reach the natural end of evolution: Death. Do not recomend giving them space travel capacity.

So...chalk up the failure of the human race to progress to...Robotech.com :lol:

Pete

So...chalk up the failure of the human race to progress to...Robotech.com :lol:

Pete

maybe you could get the great Brigade Leader herself to replace Tommy Yune at Harmony Gold. She could at least make things interestings over there :lol:

Hmm...

I think that to Haruhi- the crew at Harmony Gold would be comparable to ...oh...say....Computa Society! :lol:

In other words - just a bunch'a useless geeks...

And judging by how PTH reacts to women, and the generally sensitive way some of those guys approach cute girls...can you imagine using Mikuru to blackmail them? :lol:

Problem is...what would Danchou want that they have? Exclusive "Masterpiece" Toynami products? A Robotech mug? :lol:

I dunno...

Although sending her over there would be interesting...

Pete

Hmm...

I think that to Haruhi- the crew at Harmony Gold would be comparable to ...oh...say....Computa Society! :lol:

In other words - just a bunch'a useless geeks...

And judging by how PTH reacts to women, and the generally sensitive way some of those guys approach cute girls...can you imagine using Mikuru to blackmail them? :lol:

Problem is...what would Danchou want that they have? Exclusive "Masterpiece" Toynami products? A Robotech mug? :lol:

I dunno...

Although sending her over there would be interesting...

Pete

At the very least she would get so pissed at how things are managed over there, that after a couple of days a "Closed Space" would suddenly surround HG and the Robotech team....And engulf them forever!!

Actually - if Haruhi Suzumiya were ever allowed to learn that Robotech.com exists - she would end the universe immediately. It would be a bigger tragedy than finding out that millions of people exist who are all the same and all like baseball.

seriously.

:o

Pete

Actually - if Haruhi Suzumiya were ever allowed to learn that Robotech.com exists - she would end the universe immediately. It would be a bigger tragedy than finding out that millions of people exist who are all the same and all like baseball.

seriously.

:o

Pete

Yuki would never let that happen, she would use her "abilities" to re-write the existence of HG into an arm of Bandai.

• 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately its been removed :(

That was quick!

Fortunately they did, apparently the new trailer contained so many spoilers that Lantis pulled it. A new spoiler free has been uploaded:

The spoiler laden original trailer can be found on Sankaku.

For shame on all of us, apparently this month Bandai stealthly started hinting at, and this past weekend finaly announced, that they've licensed Haruhi season 2. There's a new video promo up at www.asosbrigade.com , and man, are the girls they got to promote this time around "skanky," in the "eww" and "dirty" kinda way. Oh how I miss season 1 promo Mikuru, she was far hotter than who they got this time around. Unfortunately, there are no release specifics yet, but I can't wait to buy all 100 episodes of endless eight...no really! :)

I'm confused. www.asosbrigade.com is run by Bandai?

In either event - it looks great!! So fun!! I wish more people were into this anime...

Ah - and one critical word of note: I have yet to see a Haruhi Cosplayer get the hair right. Haruhi has one strand of hair on both the right and left sides that overlaps the yellow hair band. Every cosplayer - including this one - keeps getting it wrong.

Pete

I'm confused. www.asosbrigade.com is run by Bandai?

In either event - it looks great!! So fun!! I wish more people were into this anime...

Ah - and one critical word of note: I have yet to see a Haruhi Cosplayer get the hair right. Haruhi has one strand of hair on both the right and left sides that overlaps the yellow hair band. Every cosplayer - including this one - keeps getting it wrong.

Pete

I'll forgive them as long as they can pull off a nice looking ponytail :)

Well it's just a minor complaint really, since the chick is totally hot and I love her Method Acting :) Mikuru is ok...but I wish she were in the waitress outfit because the maid outfit just covers up way too much. Yuki...all wrong IMO.

Still, the spirit of it all is great. I wish there was a PSOS brigade here in Poland that I could play with :(

Pete

Edit: and is that chick really the Pink Ranger from Power Rangers? :)

Edited by VFTF1