Official Transformers Super Thread 3

I'll be happy with BOTH the VF-0 and MP Starscream, but for different reasons. Starscream I'll adore because it looks like a great toy even though I hate the cartoon it's from. The Zero I'll cherish because it looks like a great toy AND I love the series it's from.

I'm sure they wont mind sharing the shelf with one another. :)

MP Starscream has at least one advantage - he most likely won't have craptacular quality control. The issues that have plagued Yamato Valks over the years would be unacceptable on Transformers products made by Has/Tak.

I may have missed this, but what the hell is Prime supposed to be? Looks similar to Kup.

398655[/snapback]

Probably IS drawing inspiration from Kup.

If that's supposed to be his original Cybertronian form, it would be logical to have that sort of styling(if I recall, that generation of Transformers retained their "native" forms instead of being re-engineered to blend in).

Yeah, Don Figueroa was aiming for designs that in no-way looked Earth based, but were recognisably vehicles echoing what the characters were in G1.

So Prime is some kind of huge truck. Ironically Kup looked very different from his G1 form - he was a kind of sportscar.

Just saw this posted up on TFW2005:

kiss-convoy.jpg

The colors and color placement for that matter looks better than the Alt. Version IMO, heh but that surfboard sword... :huh:

Edited by Veritas

I may have missed this, but what the hell is Prime supposed to be? Looks similar to Kup.

398655[/snapback]

If that's supposed to be his original Cybertronian form, it would be logical to have that sort of styling(if I recall, that generation of Transformers retained their "native" forms instead of being re-engineered to blend in).

398757[/snapback]

You guys have never seen the comics then, this is War Within Prime, the series about the ancient history of Cybertron and the Cybertronian wars after Orion Pax becomes Optimus Prime. Takes place 5-10 million years ago.

TFW 2005's frontpage also has clear pix up of Transformers Classics Optimus, as designed by Don Figueroa. Looks pretty cool.

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...dlxrobot4qd.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...dlxtruck0ci.jpg

WOAH! Shot gun of doomZ!!! Where does his "roof" go to?

I find it interesting that the plate grill and 2 windows on Prime's torso has become part of his trademark that all his modern transformations that don't involve the windows and grill still have it on his torso.

WOAH! Shot gun of doomZ!!! Where does his \"roof\" go to?

I find it interesting that the plate grill and 2 windows on Prime\'s torso has become part of his trademark that all his modern transformations that don\'t involve the windows and grill still have it on his torso.

398896[/snapback]

If you look closely at the front 3/4 view you can see the piece is attached to his back. Also is you look at the rear 3/4 view you will see there is a peg where something, like this roof spoiler, can attach.

It probably serves as a jet pack in bot mode.

Prime, form FLAM-er, BLAZING Sword!

New "Kiss?" Convoy...

So, does ANYONE think Takara's intentionally trying to kill this new line before it even matures...? :rolleyes:

Edit: Oh yeh, Boomstick prime rules, killed repost pic

Edited by GreenGuy42

TFW 2005's frontpage also has clear pix up of Transformers Classics Optimus, as designed by Don  Figueroa.  Looks pretty cool.

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...dlxrobot4qd.jpg

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...dlxtruck0ci.jpg

398882[/snapback]

Wow, now THAT is a worthy homage to the G1 Prime. If they could make the toy look that good I'd buy it.

I saw on a local store the Red Alert Binaltech that comes with the anime girl for about US$ 80.

http://www.binalternators.de/alert_english.html

I liked the design but the price is high IMO. Does anybody here have it?

Also, any mayor differences between Alternators and BT other than the plastic/metal and the paint chipping thing on the BT? Is the extra price you pay for the BT justified?

I saw on a local store the Red Alert Binaltech that comes with the anime girl for about US$ 80.

Also, any mayor differences between Alternators and BT other than the plastic/metal and the paint chipping thing on the BT? Is the extra price you pay for the BT justified?

399014[/snapback]

I've got BTA Red Alert, i paid 60 for it at my local import store so yeah 80 is def. overpriced IMO. I've heard there's been some slight QC issues (loose limbs, misaligned parts in alt mode etc.) with this verison because of the number of times they've reused this mold, but mine didn't seem to run into any of these problems, although i haven't transformed him into alt. mode just yet. <_< Bottom line is, if you really like the Subaru mold (if you don't already own Smokescreen or Silverstreak) and/or are a fan of Prowl... i mean Red Alert it's a great addition. I wouldn't pay more than 70 for it though.

As for the differences between the BT and their Alt. counterparts, there's no real differences in the molds between the two versions, just in the paint apps. and the materials used. For example, BT Skids and Alt. Skids are exactly the same robot, car and character but have completely different paint jobs. Up until Prowl came out though every figure they released in the BT series that had an Alternators counterpart had as far as i can tell exactly the same paint job. Except for maybe Alt. Smokescreen who suffered from a non-metallic colored plastic body that made him easy to differentiate from his BT counterpart.

Edited by Veritas

398655[/snapback]

398757[/snapback]

You guys have never seen the comics then, this is War Within Prime, the series about the ancient history of Cybertron and the Cybertronian wars after Orion Pax becomes Optimus Prime. Takes place 5-10 million years ago.

398852[/snapback]

I HAVEN'T seen teh comics, but thanks for confirming my guess that it was his "native" cybertronian form.

399014[/snapback]

I've got BTA Red Alert, i paid 60 for it at my local import store so yeah 80 is def. overpriced IMO. I've heard there's been some slight QC issues (loose limbs, misaligned parts in alt mode etc.) with this verison because of the number of times they've reused this mold, but mine didn't seem to run into any of these problems, although i haven't transformed him into alt. mode just yet. <_< Bottom line is, if you really like the Subaru mold (if you don't already own Smokescreen or Silverstreak) and/or are a fan of Prowl... i mean Red Alert it's a great addition. I wouldn't pay more than 70 for it though.

As for the differences between the BT and their Alt. counterparts, there's no real differences in the molds between the two versions, just in the paint apps. and the materials used. For example, BT Skids and Alt. Skids are exactly the same robot, car and character but have completely different paint jobs. Up until Prowl came out though every figure they released in the BT series that had an Alternators counterpart had as far as i can tell exactly the same paint job. Except for maybe Alt. Smokescreen who suffered from a non-metallic colored plastic body that made him easy to differentiate from his BT counterpart.

399021[/snapback]

Thanks.

Time for good old Ebay. If there isn't really anything worth the price difference between BT and ALT then I’ll might pick up a Smokescreen if I don’t find a good price for Red Alert.

Hey guys, I've got a few questions for you. The only thing I remember about transformers is from what I remember from the original series from the 80's when I was a kid.

1) Can someone suggest a good site that would explain/describe all the different series that are now out there, like the way Lebheads site describes Macross and Robotech. All these different series are starting to confuse me. Also which one is the best?

2) The picture posted a few pages back with the MP Starscream diagram, and also had a few pictures of starscream toys on it, what toys are shown, I recognize the original toy but there was a medium size toy and a really small toy. What are they? The medium one isn't the MP is it? I'm alittle disappointed if it is.

Sorry for such Noob questions, that's why I asked if someone could recommend a good site if it's too hard to explain. I know Macross, but am interested in learning about an old friend named The Transformers ;)

Chris

Hey guys, I've got a few questions for you. The only thing I remember about transformers is from what I remember from the original series from the 80's when I was a kid.

1) Can someone suggest a good site that would explain/describe all the different series that are now out there, like the way Lebheads site describes Macross and Robotech. All these different series are starting to confuse me. Also which one is the best?

2) The picture posted a few pages back with the MP Starscream diagram, and also had a few pictures of starscream toys on it, what toys are shown, I recognize the original toy but there was a medium size toy and a really small toy. What are they? The medium one isn't the MP is it? I'm alittle disappointed if it is.

Sorry for such Noob questions, that's why I asked if someone could recommend a good site if it's too hard to explain.  I know Macross, but am interested in learning about an old friend named The Transformers ;)

Chris

399033[/snapback]

1) The Wikipedia helped me get a clue of what other things they made after G1. I've read a lot of people saying good things about Best Wars. I've been watching it recently after years (never did see season 2 and 3) and I can tell you that it is a really good character driven show (the rest of the stuff is too kid oriented for my liking).

2) Those pictured are old toys: the small one is worlds Smallest Starscream and the medium one is Starscream

And don't worry, I also make a lot of noob questions in this thread ;)

Edited by Twoducks

Yeah, no pics of the MP Starscream prototype have been seen yet.

398655[/snapback]

398757[/snapback]

398852[/snapback]

I HAVEN'T seen teh comics, but thanks for confirming my guess that it was his "native" cybertronian form.

399026[/snapback]

I should point out in the Dreamwave (and for now, canon) continuity, the pre-Optimus bot is an archivist named Optronix. Only the cartoon called his former self Orion Pax :)

Yeah, no pics of the MP Starscream prototype have been seen yet.

398655[/snapback]

398757[/snapback]

398852[/snapback]

399026[/snapback]

I should point out in the Dreamwave (and for now, canon) continuity, the pre-Optimus bot is an archivist named Optronix. Only the cartoon called his former self Orion Pax :)

399067[/snapback]

But he'll always be Optimus to the fans. :p

It's called a roof fairing, not a spoiler.  (As I posted on the 2005 boards).   Sometimes called an aero fairing.

398996[/snapback]

Why throw a hissy fit over such a minor detail?

399005[/snapback]

1. How is that a "hissy fit"?

2. Because a roof spoiler is something quite different on a semi than a roof fairing.

3. It goes along with the massive mis-communication and almost flame wars you see on TF boards, when one guy says Starscream has blue stabilators, another guy says "they're grey, are you blind?", guy #4 says they're TAILFINS, and guy #5 says he thought they were called mini-wings. When all along they were actually discussing the v.stabs. I call it "preventing flame wars before they start".

You KNOW something similar will happen when MP Starscream will come out--one guy will say some part of it looks wrong, should have been painted red, etc, and because the 3 people in the argument don't know what the parts of an F-15 are called, they all start flaming each other because they don't know they're arguing about different parts of the plane, and actually agree with the first guy...

since convoys are pretty much the only TF I collect now (except the MP line) I'd love if they do a good job on this guy. Almost seems like a mesh of original convoy and the current galaxy force (or whatever they're calling it) convoy.