Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Thanks for the pic!

Robot mode looks better from that angle but the head is still in a pedestal. I also hope it’s badly transformed and that the cockpit angels more into the body.

Didn’t notice the big pegs under the wings for the lasers before.

Sigh, he doesn't have real feet.

There should be a feature to allow you to raise his knee caps/guards higher up so it elongates the lower part of his legs and reduces the thighs like in typical TFs.

As of right now, the entire leg section under the hips is about the same length as the arms which is wrong.

The feet do look kind of funky, but I doubt it'll keep me from buying him...and all the other Seeker repaints too. Kind of curious to see if they'll do Sunstorm.

Now I gotta find room for them...

This is Not G1. They can name a Unicron Trilogy character anything they please given its a different continuity.

Why do you say its stupid? Considering the design and conceptualisation process begins at Hasbro, this toy was going to be designed as a Metroplex. Especially considering the design is a homage to Metroplex.

I don't know why fans assume Hasbro 'renames' the Galaxy Force toys all because Hasbro releases them after Takara, due to the fact Hasbro maintained a mainline for 18 months Vs Takara's 12 months, and so they began later in the year. Did people complain when Takara renamed the Armada or Energon characters when Takara released Micron Densetsu and Superlink after Hasbro?

Metro is a loose interpretation of a bucket-wheel excavator, a huge mining vehicle in the real world.

401705[/snapback]

I can call it anyway I want to because it's MY opinion. Galaxy Force's story is tighter then Cybertrons because it doesn't have to try to force a connection to previous shows like Hasbro does. Hasbro's renaming of the planetary convoys to their english counterparts is understandable due to them needing to protect the names but I still think their choice of names are stupid. Some names changes were good such as Inch Up to Dirt Boss was a good change but Chromia to Thunderblast? WTF? Nitro Convoy suddenly becomes a female character because Hasbro didn't want the only female character to be evil is so PC it's retarded.

And don't have me go off on Armada(Pokemon) and Energon(Super Sentai Convoy) because I think both shows were utter crap.

Megalo Convoy/Metroplex = prisonbitch convoy/Metro so yeah I'd say that was a "loose" interpretation.

401848[/snapback]

The whole damn Galaxy Force problem is the fact Takara Marketing and WE'VE decided take the story off in a new continuity, even though the foundation for the series was a follow up of Energon/Superlink. Even We've called it a continuation of Superlink early on.

Hasbro is then left to try to put it together, and their writers have done a pretty good job of it. Some scenes benefitted from additional dialogue in contrast to the silence in Galaxy Force - for instance, when Primus finishes transforming, Vector Prime does an almost religious speech about Primus.

Hasbro actually used Thunderblast twice in Cybertron. Whoops. Nitro Convoy turning into the female Override was a request from the Cartoon Network - they wanted a female character on the good guys side. Nitro's cartoon model was the most feminine of the Autobots so...

I actually quite like Armada for all of its faults. I generally object to the Pokemon description, since they more or less abandoned that angle as the series progressed. Criticism of the kids are more than valid, of course ;)

Well, if you consider a robot sitting down as prisonbitch (his transformation doesn't actually have him on his hands as knees. If anything, his ass is on the ground).

The whole damn Galaxy Force problem is the fact Takara Marketing and WE'VE decided take the story off in a new continuity, even though the foundation for the series was a follow up of Energon/Superlink. Even We've called it a continuation of Superlink early on.

Good for Takara. Write a story that makes some sense instead of blindly following what Hasbro says. Especially when all the main characters don't look like the characters from the previous series for no reason whatsoever.

Hasbro is then left to try to put it together, and their writers have done a pretty good job of it. Some scenes benefitted from additional dialogue in contrast to the silence in Galaxy Force - for instance, when Primus finishes transforming, Vector Prime does an almost religious speech about Primus.

I found the voice over parts for the transformation sequences annoying as hell. Those eye-catches were made to sell the toys so they slowed down the transformations and did all that fancy shmancy light gimmick. An enemy would have shot their asses down if they took that long to transform and have time to gab at each other.

I'll give you the Vector Prime speech though. That was an improvement.

Well, if you consider a robot sitting down as prisonbitch (his transformation doesn't actually have him on his hands as knees. If anything, his ass is on the ground).

He's actually sitting on his crotch but he still looks like a prisonbitch.

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/produc...a13d9d_a400.jpg

http://www.hasbro.com/common/images/produc...09d_main400.jpg

Some more news from around the TF world:

The BotCon exclusive is a repaint of Cybertron Crumplezone, this time as Optimus Primal. Pic... http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/primalbot.jpg

Black and white pic of Shockwave from IDW's Transformers Spotlight in September, focusing on Shockwave... http://idwpublishing.com/news/dujour.shtml

Full cover pic of IDW's Stormbringer, as drawn by Don Figueroa:

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/poster_colors.jpg

As reported on Seibertron, apparently the Transformers Club page has pix up (I assume for members)...link from Seibertron is here... http://seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=7457

Wow. Kawamori's Starscream has some serious competition.

They all look pretty amazing.....even Hot Rod looks damn good.

THX Shin! B))

Edited by UN Spacy

Pic of classics Starscream, please? :)

402351[/snapback]

http://s64.photobucket.com/albums/h184/buddykiller/

402353[/snapback]

Oooh, nice stuff! (how big are this things?).

That Starscream looks like it has it's head on the right place and normal feet... the cheap/economic competition of the MP?...

I want this two to have a baby, then we would have the ultimate Starscream.

Very nice...thank ya, Shin.

Gotta say that they all look pretty cool. Screamer looks like a cross between G1 and War Within. And god help us all, but do I see rubsigns on there?

Definitely be getting these too. No room for them, though.

I didn't even catch that---I knew something was pretty off about the canopy, but couldn't pin it down. (I did notice the extra frame near the rear, but I think that's more to make robot mode look like the cartoon model)

Translation of the magazine scan of MPC Starscream

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5988&mode=flat

MP star scream and KISSplay, test model first picture release!

MP starscream's prototype is finally complete! As you can see from the pictures, the detail and proportion is amazing and the transformation is very different from the old toys.

As of current writing, they are still thinking of adding to and improving this figure.

Merchandise for the radio drama, "Transformer KISSplay" has also been confirmed. Please stay tuned for more updates.

inset: f-15 to robot - complete transformation! the realism and features are something to look out for.

MP-03 also comes with a base.

Price: 10290 yen

Materials: die cast, abs

slated for september release

Length: 320 mm long in plane mode

Height: 220 mm tall in robot mode

220 mm wouldmean he isn't in scale with MPC Prime already does it? He'll be about the size of a 1/60 Valkyrie?

Translation of the magazine scan of MPC Starscream

http://www.tformers.com/article.php?sid=5988&mode=flat

MP star scream and KISSplay, test model first picture release!

MP starscream's prototype is finally complete! As you can see from the pictures, the detail and proportion is amazing and the transformation is very different from the old toys.

As of current writing, they are still thinking of adding to and improving this figure.

Merchandise for the radio drama, "Transformer KISSplay" has also been confirmed. Please stay tuned for more updates.

inset: f-15 to robot - complete transformation! the realism and features are something to look out for.

MP-03 also comes with a base.

Price: 10290 yen

Materials: die cast, abs

slated for september release

Length: 320 mm long in plane mode

Height: 220 mm tall in robot mode

220 mm wouldmean he isn't in scale with MPC Prime already does it? He'll be about the size of a 1/60 Valkyrie?

402377[/snapback]

Prime was close to 1/24 scal give or take.

RFT did calculations and starscream is about 1/60 scale.

robot mode is a bit over 8", fighter mode legnth is 13".

Wow,

thanks for the pics. I was wondering where these pics would pop up at. Looks like we'll all be on the lookout for the classics line come later this year. Don't buy more than you need now. <_<

:lol:

The Cybetronian Beast Wars exclusive Botcon set looks AWESOME.

Classics look AWESOME!

TRANSFORMERS ARE AWESOME! :p

Good for Takara.  Write a story that makes some sense instead of blindly following what Hasbro says.    Especially when all the main characters don't look like the characters from the previous series for no reason whatsoever. 
Actually, bad for Takara.

History has proven that whenever Takara decides to assert individuality in Transformers story writing, it ends up being a DISASTER for them, in terms of how the japanese public and the japanese Transformers fandom enjoys the storyline, and how well the toys subsequently sell.

Case in point - when Hasbro left Transformers cartoons in G1, Takara took over, bringing a different japanese anime flavour to it. Over the course of several series, sales went WAY down.

When the US Beast Wars series debuted in Japan, it was a hit. But due to the complexities of Mainframe's CG animation, the production took too long for Takara's market requirements of 52 episodes per year, so they created Beast Wars the Second - a lighthearted slapstick anime. It bombed. Then they made Beast Wars Neo, an even more slapstick oriented series. It bombed even worse.

Then they imported seasons 2 and 3 of US Beast Wars as Beast Wars Metals, EXCEPT marketing decided to drastically change the series to better fit the anime slapstick established in BW2 and Neo. As a consequence iy lost the darker, hard edge season 2 was famous for, the japanese TF fandom hated the series and it bombed.

Car Robots was the last straw - it almost killed Transformers in Japan and damaged Takara's finances. The following year Takara prudently began working jointly with Hasbro once again on Transformers, beginning with Masterpiece Convoy and Armada.

The fact that G1 Convoy and Beast Convoy, both US characters, are the most popular versions of the various Convoy says something about how much the japanese prefer US-led TF series, and how much apathy they have for japanese-oriented TF series.

As for characters not looking much like their previous bodies - well, line refresh that keeps the line looking interesting and new to the market, despite being in the same continuity. Keep changing, or die a slow death like G1.

Here is a link to more MPC SS pics and to place orders.

http://www.amenbo.com/cgi-bin/list/toys/tf/new2-e.cgi

Click on Starscream's pic on the site for more. I am waiting to see what kind of classic TF mess is going to appear on the belly in fighter mode before deciding to buy or not.

Edited by Retracting Head Ter Ter

alot of nice new TF stuff, by the way i know we are getting a reissue of the MP Convoy. BBTS has it for preorder and they have it labeled as MP-04 (which i did not know) and it says it is going to come with a offical Takara Trailer this time (all the trailers so far have been bootlegs) does anyone know more about it?

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product...608&mode=retail