Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Marketing-speak. Hasbro said last year that the then-unnamed line was to be 'Cybertron-playability with Alternators-detailing'.

Apparently there is a tazer weapon that looks like that, but is black. The blocky front would be where the wires would be fired from.

Well, I hate Bumblebee anyway... so it isn't a big deal.

I just watched the episode from G1 where Megatron creates an Optimus clone. The clone is in the Ark mashing buttons trying to get Teletran 1 to work and then he keeps on referring to Ironhide as Bumblebee.

But anyway. Anyone else hate Bumblebee?

Edited by meh_cd

I like the new Bumblebee, he looks basically like an Alternator. I'd prefer him a little less, uh, 'ricey', but whatever. Of course a VW Bug would have been better, but we all know why he's not.

For whatever reason i liked bumblebee and i'm happy to see he's making a re-apperance in the Classics line. Besides who else would fight ravage? One of Blaster's cassettes you say? Blasphemy! :ph34r:

Edited by Veritas

What I meant was that they shouldn't have even thought about going back to the G1 idea of him being a gun since they can't make him look like a real gun anymore. I would rather have a tank or plane than something that looks like it came out of a gay sci-fi B-movie.

I don't care if he's hot pink with a Nerf sticker if it opens the door for a classic Shockwave.

Hmmm... I wonder what the new Meg would look like in solid purple...

Speaking of which... Shockwave and Galvatron weren't realistic guns either.

Of course, they weren't Megatron.

img200605280024530wx.jpg

402860[/snapback]

Not bad. It's no Bug, but they managed to get the general feel(spoiler aside).

And after all these years of waiting, Bumblebee finally has HANDS.

I really like the classics line so far, but comparing them to the Alternators is being generous. I really wish the Alternators line had gotten the variety this line seems to be getting.

Dunno why somebody photoshopped that Takara-Tomy logo there. Takara made the toys, but they haven't even acknowledged their existence, yet.

Don Figueroa says the jetski and its trailer becomes a jetpack for Bumblebee. It fits inside his truck for storage when not in use.

Dunno why somebody photoshopped that Takara-Tomy logo there. Takara made the toys, but they haven't even acknowledged their existence, yet.

Don Figueroa says the jetski and its trailer becomes a jetpack for Bumblebee. It fits inside his truck for storage when not in use.

402970[/snapback]

They were trying to get around the transformer club logo that you can cleverly see on the roof and the hood in both modes.

Another pic of MP Starscream has been added to TFW 2005's frontpage...link...

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...3starscream.jpg

Mostly shots we've seen, but it has a clearer pic of the underside of the jet.

Didn't see this mentioned just yet, but it looks like the third mysterty WST Dinobot that Justittoys is releasing in July is none other than Grimlock!

That means both Slag and Grimlock are landing at the same time:

http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=100087

Plus they supposedly have higher quality sticker this time compared to Snarl's release.

The hell? F-15's can't move their nozzles. And those aren't the nozzles of the one F-15 that can. Sorry Kawamori, but don't incorporate parts from other planes. No different than putting a Super Hornet's LEX on a baby Hornet.

Another pic of MP Starscream has been added to TFW 2005's frontpage...link...

http://www.tfw2005.com/news/data/upimages/...3starscream.jpg

Mostly shots we've seen, but it has a clearer pic of the underside of the jet.

403056[/snapback]

So Shoji did this thing too?

403121[/snapback]

I think he led/oversaw the design team and process.

The hell?  F-15's can't move their nozzles.  And those aren't the nozzles of the one F-15 that can.  Sorry Kawamori, but don't incorporate parts from other planes.  No different than putting a Super Hornet's LEX on a baby Hornet.

403144[/snapback]

Starscream says: "Back off. I need posable feet."

Didn't see this mentioned just yet, but it looks like the third mysterty WST Dinobot that Justittoys is releasing in July is none other than Grimlock!

Plus they supposedly have higher quality sticker this time compared to Snarl's release.

403093[/snapback]

Cool...this is the fan-made stuff right? Where can I get my hands on grimlock?

That's not bad, considering that it's Bumblebee. I plan to get him, and give him his proper faceplate.

Cartoon accurate = overrated.

402925[/snapback]

What, you want to give him this?

bumblebee_toy.jpg

402953[/snapback]

Yup. It looked better on the toy, than it does in that picture, though. I always thought the cartton face was a little dorky looking.

403093[/snapback]

Cool...this is the fan-made stuff right? Where can I get my hands on grimlock?

403164[/snapback]

I guess you could say it's fan made stuff (high quality at that) since it's not made by either Takara or Hasbro. Truth is it's actually made by a legitimate company named Justittoys. Since it doesn't have Transformers emblazoned all over the box (The box says WST Dinobots) it looks like they can get away with the fact this is basically an illegal bootleg of the original Dinobots. By no means it is a low quality knock off mind you, but it isn't an official release either.

You can pick up the first release in the series (Snarl) at TF Source (http://www.tfsource.com/Reissues/WST%20Snarl/wst-snarl.htm), i'm assuming that soon enough they'll be the only ones putting up Slag and Grimlock for pre-order as well. I'm sure once it does go up on their frontpage it won't be long before I or someone else posts about in this thread, so you shouldn't have to worry too much about missing it. :D

Edited by Veritas

The hell?  F-15's can't move their nozzles.  And those aren't the nozzles of the one F-15 that can.  Sorry Kawamori, but don't incorporate parts from other planes.  No different than putting a Super Hornet's LEX on a baby Hornet.

403144[/snapback]

Well, F-15s also don't have giant freaking laser cannons attached to their sides. I'd say this is somewhat different than swapping parts on real world jets.

403144[/snapback]

Well, F-15s also don't have giant freaking laser cannons attached to their sides. I'd say this is somewhat different than swapping parts on real world jets.

403236[/snapback]

They also don't fold into giant robots bent on interstellar domination.

However, real F-15's have one-piece dorsal opening speedbrakes, radomes that hinge to starboard, and frameless forward canopies. To make all those moving "gimmicks" 100% real-life accurate, and then go and totally "fake" the engines strikes me as very strange, especially considering how well Kawamori must know the F-15.

Once again, though, it has giant freakin' lasers on the sides. For all the "realistic" gimmicks it has, it looks like a real F-15 only a bit more than MP Convoy looks like a real truck.

I figure Kawamori gave in to his inner jet fighter geek as much as he could while sticking to the limitations of makign a Starscream toy. Who knows? Maybe he wanted to make more accurate thrust nozzles, but Tak-Has made him keep the nozzles similar to Starscream's.

No no no. MP SS is 1,000x more realistic than MP Prime. SS is an F-15, so specific I can tell you what year/model/nation it is. Prime is "a cabover semi of no particular nation, decade, or manufacturer". And just plain fake-looking and disproportionate. The VF-1 is a more realistic plane than MP Prime is a realistic truck.

However, real F-15's have one-piece dorsal opening speedbrakes, radomes that hinge to starboard, and frameless forward canopies.  To make all those moving "gimmicks" 100% real-life accurate, and then go and totally "fake" the engines strikes me as very strange, especially considering how well Kawamori must know the F-15.

403264[/snapback]

Super glue can easily fix that inaccuracie (it won't fix the whole turning into a robot gimmick though… unless you use a lot of it :p ).