Official Transformers Super Thread 3

Lets hope this is just the truck that teletran 'scans' and the Red and blue colour scheme from the original stays the same.

But why o why change one of the most iconic robot heroes of all time? Bumble bee i can handle, 'cause he looks cool, and the others - myeh - i won't be fussed.

Its like as if they made a live action Macross - and changed the Vf's shape and or colour, or made the SDF-1 a saucer shaped ship. That wouldn't be fun, no kiddies, it wouldn't.

415426[/snapback]

I think you're on the right track here... the decepticon mustang had all sorts of little decepticon insignias and details, the lack of any emblems on the semi gives me hope that this isn't the final prime vehicle mode.

That's pretty much G2 optimus prime right there... maybe we're looking at nemsis prime and there's still hope for a good ol' fashioned g1 prime.

Edited by eugimon

same here, the fact its not a cab over truck does not bother me, but the flames are just too:"pimp my ride". Optimus is supposed to be a robot in disguise, not a robot with a (hey, look at me paint job). I would have preferred a more industrial look to Optimus. OMG, I can see it already, Optimus with a pimp paint job and a voice with a lisp. :lol:

They've updated the official T.Movie site, sorta, only parts u can get at are downloadable wall papers & forum. nice.

EDIT;

*GASP* I've just returned from a vile and dark place... the official transformers movie site forums... My God...

Edited by Kurisama

So guys the 15th anniversary megs and primal are hitting shelves. Did anyone pick them up?

I've always wanted to get the megs, but primal is iffy, I guess I am warming up to him but he's such a departure from the original! Not "enhanced" lookin like megs does.

Anyways bwtf.com did a review of primal, its interesting. The BFG is definitely an homage to Big Convoy...and damn...the whole surfboard gets shoulder mounted...interesting and unexpected.

I miss the melee weapons! And the wrists can't swivel! Bah oh well. Maybe I'll pick him up, who knows.

For those who wanted the BWR set, its coming to TRU for 40$. The japanese one was like 90$. So consider it a semi steal. I don't think it has the golden disc but I seriously could give a F^&* less. If I can't find my original primal's weapons perhaps I will buy it.

Have to agree with most of the others here. The truck type doesn't bother me (in fact, havin the engine forward gives a lot more mass to help Optimus bulky in robot mode), but the flames....

Maybe with the fan outcry to get Cullen to play Optimus, Bay and others have decided they'll give the fans what they want, then kill off Optimus ten minutes in and replace him with a non-futuristic Rodimus voiced by some big star ;)

Edited by Southpaw Samurai

Have to agree with most of the others here. The truck type doesn't bother me (in fact, havin the engine forward gives a lot more mass to help Optimus bulky in robot mode), but the flames.... 

Maybe with the fan outcry to get Cullen to play Optimus, Bay and others have decided they'll give the fans what they want, then kill off Optimus ten minutes in and replace him with a non-futuristic Rodimus voiced by some big star ;)

415524[/snapback]

I'll have a stroke if Rodimus shows up. :p We might not even get Soundbyte anymore, I want Optimus damnit!

Oh well, perhaps we'll get Soundwave himself once mass shifting is introduced in the second/third movies. (If they happen that is.)

415524[/snapback]

:o

DON'T EVEN JOKE ABOUT THAT!

My only gripe about this movie is that it was originally plugged as being rooted in G1. The only three things it has in common with the original show are 1. some characters transform from vehicles to robots, 2. trademarked names, and 3. the Prime character is a "Mack" truck, but not the cabover design most of us relate to.

I was excited about this movie when I first heard of its pending production. My excitement waned when Spielberg was set to produce, as I loathe movies targeted at prepubescents. Having seen some of the alleged production shots and read various forums, I'm saddened at the direction this movie is headed. My nostalgia is strong for G1, and a live-action retelling of the original story would have been great for us old-timers and newbies alike, which is what I expected based on early comments from the producers. Had they just said in the beginning that they were re-inventing the franchise for a new generation, I would have been fine with the changes.

With lowered expectations at the forefront, I'll still stand in line waiting for it. Hopefully, the special effects will make up for the child-targeted script and neo-violent war-mongering amongst the mechanical cast.

My only gripe about this movie is that it was originally plugged as being rooted in G1.  The only three things it has in common with the original show are 1. some characters transform from vehicles to robots, 2. trademarked names, and 3. the Prime character is a "Mack" truck, but not the cabover design most of us relate to.

I was excited about this movie when I first heard of its pending production.  My excitement waned when Spielberg was set to produce, as I loathe movies targeted at prepubescents.  Having seen some of the alleged production shots and read various forums, I'm saddened at the direction this movie is headed.  My nostalgia is strong for G1, and a live-action retelling of the original story would have been great for us old-timers and newbies alike, which is what I expected based on early comments from the producers.  Had they just said in the beginning that they were re-inventing the franchise for a new generation, I would have been fine with the changes. 

With lowered expectations at the forefront, I'll still stand in line waiting for it.  Hopefully, the special effects will make up for the child-targeted script and neo-violent war-mongering amongst the mechanical cast.

415560[/snapback]

Actually my reaction when I heard Speilberg was set to produce was positive, I was thinking, wow, maybe he'll actually give the director chair to someone decent.... then my heart utterly sunk when I saw Bay's name attatched to the movie.

I agree with Vermillion...the TF movie needs to be nothing more than good, fun eye candy with just enough subtext to appeal to the fanboys and girls. Bay's probably the best director out there to deliver a movie that does exactly that. That's why most of his movies tend to be guilty pleasures.

My only gripe about this movie is that it was originally plugged as being rooted in G1.  The only three things it has in common with the original show are 1. some characters transform from vehicles to robots, 2. trademarked names, and 3. the Prime character is a "Mack" truck, but not the cabover design most of us relate to.

I was excited about this movie when I first heard of its pending production.  My excitement waned when Spielberg was set to produce, as I loathe movies targeted at prepubescents.  Having seen some of the alleged production shots and read various forums, I'm saddened at the direction this movie is headed.  My nostalgia is strong for G1, and a live-action retelling of the original story would have been great for us old-timers and newbies alike, which is what I expected based on early comments from the producers.  Had they just said in the beginning that they were re-inventing the franchise for a new generation, I would have been fine with the changes. 

With lowered expectations at the forefront, I'll still stand in line waiting for it.  Hopefully, the special effects will make up for the child-targeted script and neo-violent war-mongering amongst the mechanical cast.

415560[/snapback]

I don't know if you read anything lately, but prime isn't a Mack truck no more. He's going to be a fire truck. And when you go watch this movie, don't go in as a G1 TF fan, go in as a regular movie goer, you will be disappointed. I'm sure this movie will be cool n all, but nothing there for the G1 fans except of course for the car to robot stuff.

oh man, it's not gonna be bout gen 1 TF? No!!!!!!!!!!!!! i guess it will be a rental for me. kyatsu

ps

still dont like the new design of starscream. so, more money for me and less money to the toy companies. i am sad though. i really wanted to get starscream and start a collection of MP of TF

:(<_<:angry::blink::huh::o:ph34r::unsure:

not really. if i dont like something, i will not waste my time to buy it. starscream legs are too girly. i think the original design is very solid. what was kawamori thinking about? i mean come on just look at mp prime for example. the design was well done and it looks like the original prime from the tv series. and the new design for mp starscream doesnt look like the original starscream from the tv series at all. so, i will definitely not waste my money on it. kyatsu :ph34r:

All you Starscream haters are going to buy one, and you know it. You'll all come around when the final version is released and buy one.

415678[/snapback]

not really. if i dont like something, i will not waste my time to buy it. starscream legs are too girly. i think the original design is very solid. what was kawamori thinking about? i mean come on just look at mp prime for example. the design was well done and it looks like the original prime from the tv series. and the new design for mp starscream doesnt look like the original starscream from the tv series at all. so, i will definitely not waste my money on it. kyatsu  :ph34r:
All you Starscream haters are going to buy one, and you know it. You'll all come around when the final version is released and buy one.

415678[/snapback]

415686[/snapback]

He does, they just altered the legs and hips.

He's still an F-15

His robot mode isn't EXACTLY like his cartoon self but its pretty damn close.

He looks like a modernized G1 version.

Honestly this makes the old g1 toy look like ass. Sure it was great for nostalgia and while growing up, but you can't possibly tell me the old g1 toy looked better than this. The prototype looked too predictable to me, this is a nice change. And besides, what people aren't realizing is that the weight of the wings and all that on the old prototype's legs might make the legs loosen overtime and become very wobbly.

Hell MP prime didn't even transform like the old g1 prime and yet people loved him.

Me I am a huge Starscream fan and this one looks like a revized modern G1, I am buying it.

i mean for prime's case, maybe the toy doesnt transform like the anime, but he does look like prime in the anime in robot form. that's waht i am trying to say. mp starscream doesnt look like it and i feel sad because i was really looking forward of buying it based on the original prototype. after i was gone for like nearly two weeks of hell (working mad hours) and i saw the new design, i was totally shocked by it. i hope the next mp will be good or else takara really farted up something good. kyatsu :ph34r:

He does, they just altered the legs and hips.

He's still an F-15

His robot mode isn't EXACTLY like his cartoon self but its pretty damn close.

He looks like a modernized G1 version.

Honestly this makes the old g1 toy look like ass. Sure it was great for nostalgia and while growing up, but you can't possibly tell me the old g1 toy looked better than this. The prototype looked too predictable to me, this is a nice change. And besides, what people aren't realizing is that the weight of the wings and all that on the old prototype's legs might make the legs loosen overtime and become very wobbly.

Hell MP prime didn't even transform like the old g1 prime and yet people loved him.

Me I am a huge Starscream fan and this one looks like a revized modern G1, I am buying it.

415688[/snapback]

So you're saying that the original G1 toys was EXACTLY like the cartoon looked? The MP Screamer has way more identifying features that put him closer to the cartoon version than the G1 toy ever did.

I can't believe that people are jumping in a "he doesn't look like the cartoon" bandwagon simply because Shoji made a minor (yes, MINOR) change to the leg design. Thinking of what he's given us so far for the past twenty-plus years, if anyone knows what will be good or bad for a transforming toy it;s Shoji.

hey, i am just speaking for myself here. it maybe minor to you, but it's sure doesnt look like the starscream that i know. and i know you want to get it, but not everyone is gonna like what you like and that's just the fact, dude. would it make you feel better if i agree with you and jump to the bandwagon and buy one too? i dont think so, right? kyatsu :ph34r:

So you're saying that the original G1 toys was EXACTLY like the cartoon looked? The MP Screamer has way more identifying features that put him closer to the cartoon version than the G1 toy ever did.

I can't believe that people are jumping in a "he doesn't look like the cartoon" bandwagon simply because Shoji made a minor (yes, MINOR) change to the leg design. Thinking of what he's given us so far for the past twenty-plus years, if anyone knows what will be good or bad for a transforming toy it;s Shoji.

415694[/snapback]

i mean for prime's case, maybe the toy doesnt transform like the anime, but he does look like prime in the anime in robot form. that's waht i am trying to say. mp starscream doesnt look like it and i feel sad because i was really looking forward of buying it based on the original prototype.

But the OLD Starscream prototype didn't look like the cartoon either. Remember, cartoon Starscream is totally finless.

hey, i am just speaking for myself here. it maybe minor to you, but it's sure doesnt look like the starscream that i know. and i know you want to get it, but not everyone is gonna like what you like and that's just the fact, dude. would it make you feel better if i agree with you and jump to the bandwagon and buy one too? i dont think so, right? kyatsu  :ph34r:

415694[/snapback]

415695[/snapback]

I’m going to laugh my ass so hard when in a few days we see those tailfins popping on and off to the legs and people going “crap, why did I cancel my preorder based on a photo of another PROTOTYPE that just showed the changes but didn’t clarify if those removable looking tailfins where removable or not… guess waiting for more information wouldn’t have hurtâ€.

jbo, you are right. the original starscream prototype doesnt look exactly like the cartoon starscream, but at least as a whole, it does look like it. i will wait and see what the final product will look like. kyatsu

Kyatsu, don't mind your opinion at all, like you said it's your preference and Money. What I don't get though is how you are saying it dosen't look "ANYTHING" like Starscream.

Like I and you said, it's your opinion, but how does waist stuff suddenly make this look nothing like screamer? Like I said before I don't understand. Just asking.

For ME, Jet/Skyfire G1 toy dosen't look ANYTHING like the cartoon Jet/skyfire. I just think people are being a little harsh over these changes. If people saw this toy with no info on it or Shoji tried to make this a new valk....people would say "Hey, that's starscream....he just moved the fins!!" or " He's ripping off Starscream!!!!!!"

Chris

Edited by Dobber

What I don't get though is how you are saying it dosen't look "ANYTHING" like Starscream.

That's pretty much what I was getting at too. It still looks like Starscream, but we dont' have the luxury of "anime magic" to make him look exactly like the cartoon character.

415788[/snapback]

I agree with the both of you!

Hell most of the alternators look nothing like their cartoon model sheets and yet people love them to death.

With Starscream not only do we have most of his g1 look intact, we also have his alt mode and FULL articulation. And when has this happened other than Tracks and Mp Prime?

EXACTLY.

i guess i am very picky about the look of starscream, i just think the new design looks very weird to me due to the funky stuff on the waist and the girly legs. kyatsu

415826[/snapback]

It's no big deal, you are entitled to your opinion ;) You have every right to dislike it just as many other people do. I just didn't get the nothing like him comments that a bunch of people (not just you) have been saying. :) It's all good though.

My opinion though, I love it!!!! :p. I'm with Shin, I love jet mode stuff to be as accurate as possible.

Chris

Edited by Dobber

Thanks again for the info and link Doctor Reggae, mucho appreciated.

And yes, I am very happy with Computron/Technobots - they are sweet and look great!  They are a complete set, minus the tech specs.  A childhood dream come true.

:D

Well, I've been lurking around eBay and man, those "complete" gestalt sets go for a pretty penny!  I just saw a complete open & used Devastator go for $170!!  A Menasaur of the same quality went for approx $80.  Wow.  Guess the classic G1 TF's are popular and with the movie coming up ....

I think it's easier to get them individually, but again the quality of each toy varies and the cost can add up to much higher.  Plus, you have to buy the "connector" parts separately - which many sellers overcharge.

<_<

Yep, I'm gonna try and complete Superion/Aerialbots next ....

Oh, and why the hell are all the G2 TF gestalt toys neon colour?!?!  Talk about lame!

414246[/snapback]

Here's my collection of the G1 combiner bootlegs. I think they're all right, $5! Though I did pay $9 for Abominus. I wonder why there was never a bootleg of Computron made.

post-1065-1152814561_thumb.jpg