This is bull!!!!!!! Dang yamato

Skull 0ne

I don't know about you guys but this re-release of the VF-1S 1/48 has pissed me off <_< <_< Its like yamato thinks that it can release a crappy one knowing that it's every one's fav and there going to buy it, and then a couple of months later re-releassing it with all the fixes... so ever one will buy it all over agian and double there sales. I'm still in Highschool and I saved forever to get the perfect valk, which came to be the 1/48 valk. So I naturely waited for my fav, and then spent all my hard earned cash to find that the thing has more falts than the sananndreis falt!!!

Sorry guys just had to get that out, Mods you can delete this if you want. Aaron

Yeah, this just baffles me. When a manufacturer puts out a product and it appears to have some flaws, everyone complains that they should release an improved version. And when they do, everyone complains why they did it. Hmm, I don't get it.

I guess the simple solution is what estacado06479 pointed out. If you don't want the re-issue, pretend it doesn't exist and don't buy it! Many people missed out on the first batch of these and are more than glad that they are re-releasing them.

For what it's worth, Yamato's stock of VF-1S's have been sold out for quite some time. Any recent sales have been from distributors and Yamato has seen no benefit from the inflated prices and second hand sales.

Supply and demand. Yamato stands to make a profit from those unfortunate enough to miss the first round (the demand) and so they supply the goods. The mold updates were a running change, one that undoubtedly cost a lot of money. There's no way the valkyries can go back to the original state. So really you're just complaining that Yamato is re-releasing the VF-1S; which they're doing so that other Macross fans can have a chance to own it as well.

Bravo. <_<

Edited by Etrigan

A lot of people buy Macross items no matter what. Take your time and research your purchases, lots of reviews and info to find on all but the most obscure of Macross products. Even for those with jobs $150 is a lot to drop on a toy, thats why you gotta do your research and decided if it's worth it to you.

Lessons learned, don't worry about it too much.

Even with the flaws, my Strike-1S looks badass on my shelf.

You can always sell your current VF-1S and put that money aside for the reissue. While you may have to absorb a $10-$20 overall loss, you'll be getting a better Valkyrie. I know it must suck, but I'm glad Yamato went back and fixed the VF-1S' problems.

Edited by TheLoneWolf

I understand how you feel, but, later on you'll be able to afford the 2nd release without a problem. You'll graduate from high school and you'll be able to work more and have more money. Or you go get a higher education, wait a few more years on the valks, and buy a crap load when you're a professional something. Then you come back to Macrossworld and brag about your collection! ;)

When is the re-issue? And what are the changes? How can someone tell the difference between the first one and the re-issue? Will there be any indication on the Box?

The re-issue, i believe, is something like the end of this month.

The changes are the improvements seen on the VF-1A MAX and the Low Vis (improved nosecone and flap design and, cross your fingers, straight skull squadron emblem)

How can someone tell the difference?

That is the question of the minute...ummm hour...errr day...wait, week..no, i mean month!~ (well last month)

Although, you could just pre-order it from any of the kind vendors here that list it as the "re-issue" and pray.

Edited by H Kakizaki

Never buy the first version of any Yamato transforming toy. Snide conspiracy theories aside, Yamato has a perfect record of "improving" their products after 2 or 3 iterations. Nothing they made for Macross so far is so good or well thought-out that revisions weren't just asked for, but in fact required to make the product live up to its original intentions. If the sales for the VE-1 and VT-1 were good enough you bet they'll have some kind of Rev 2 out half a year later - with chestplates that actually slide properly during transformation.

And yes, I am a blatant Yamato cynic.

really funny thing is the Hikaru 1A was a decent release, flaps and radon cover aside, the QC wasn't so bad. Anyway yeah I am gonna get a new 1S probably. Hey is kevin gonna carry the reissues?

Edited by GobotFool

Man, I hope they don't revise the VE-1 and VT-1 in 1/60 scale. I hope they remake them in 1/48 scale. Do you guys and gals think Yamato is tesing waters with the FP VF-1J in terms of sales and what to bring out next? If they sell alright, I thinking M&M VF-1J's with FP's only (not by themselves) and hopefully VE-1 and VT-1. Just thoughts :)

Never buy the first version of any Yamato transforming toy. Snide conspiracy theories aside, Yamato has a perfect record of "improving" their products after 2 or 3 iterations. Nothing they made for Macross so far is so good or well thought-out that revisions weren't just asked for, but in fact required to make the product live up to its original intentions. If the sales for the VE-1 and VT-1 were good enough you bet they'll have some kind of Rev 2 out half a year later - with chestplates that actually slide properly during transformation.

And yes, I am a blatant Yamato cynic.

You mean, I'm going to see a third VF-1S reissue with a head that sits up properly in fighter mode!?!!?!?! 5W337N35555555!!!!

Even though I applaud Yamato for re-releasing their toys, so guys like me who missed out the first time have the chance of getting one. With all of your sarcasm towards the original poster, I think you guys are missing an important point.

I read Graham's review of the pre-production 1/48 VF-1S. To my understanding, this sample was given/loaned to him by Yamato to find any faults/QC issues. In his review, he stated the following faults:

1. Cockpit won't stay up

2. Big gap on the cockpit area when the landing gear is down

3. Skull emblem is skewed on the tailfin.

I'm guessing Graham presented his review to Yamato, but did they fix this when they released the original VF-1S? No. What's the point of having a toy inspected if you're not going to fix the problem?

I somewhat agree with Skull One on this one. I was a bit dissapointed to find out they were going to rerelease a revised version of my 1S. I really can't blame Yamato though, they are giving what people want.

However, I was thinking that Yamato should sell a conversion pack, or maybe do a trade in offer. I know the trade offer may not work in the US, so maybe the conversion pack is a better way to go. Yeah, it may cost some money, but it beats buying a new valkyrie and Yamato would be making some extra profit from the conversion pack or trade in. What do you guys think?

you and others shouldn't complain...the guys at yamato have been working hard and as quickly as they can to release these toys...yeah, the first editions will have problems....but is it really something major to b!*&h and rail about it in an open forum?...some people just can't appreciate what they have and it saddens me when i hear someone complaining about one small, fixable detail....yeah, they aren't "perfect" but seeing the detail and hard work they put in the toy good enough?...i'm sure back in '84 when the macross toys first came out, the kids and adults were appreciative of the company that made them...not like now where someone is always complaining about something...

i haven't been a fan of macross for long but i have been a long time fan of gundam...i've seen gundam guys complaing about the same stuff as they do on here...i remember guys on model sites complaing that the MG S gundam was mis-proportioned (i've heard that the head was too large and the body was too long) but you have to remember that the kit was also transformable into several modes and those modes had to be worked out in 1/100 scale so in the end it was a little large...it was no problem for I and others, considering all the detail in the final product...

what i'm really trying to say is just don't complain...it's not worth the headache...

well, i'm going to stop now before some angry guy on the forums tries to hurt my physical being.. <_<

Edited by Dat Pinche Haro!