This is bull!!!!!!! Dang yamato

Skull 0ne

I guess when I am as old as as wise as you are Hurnin then I will get ingnorant too and attack other people and their opinions.
I wont tolerate a personal attack

Hmmm. . . just for fun. . . let's go back and put another quote by you next to these:

Unlike some people if Yamato screws it up the first time I'm not stupid enough to say "gee they f*(&%! up the first one lets get the reissue and HOPE its correct". Burned once and you learn Burned twice and your a fool.

Now that is funny! Hypocrisy, anyone?

It would be nice if people would actually take responsibility for the words they choose to use. Words mean things. . .

H

P.S. Hmmm, guess I did have something more to say.

Edited by Hurin

Guys, it's just a fact of mass production - they're going to be a few bad eggs. Case in point, I got a couple of Nerf guns, and one of then just stopped working. I called them up, told them I got a dud, and they shipped me a new one; didn't even ask me to return the defect. Sure enough, I could probably use the one they sent me quite proficiently today. That got alot of respect from me.

Now, are all Nerf guns crap? No, or else no one would buy them, like Yamatos. But they obviously are willing to correct the problem. This is the main problem people have with Harmony Gold: they believe there efforts to hold onto Macross rights has privented Yamato from getting a good US company to handle distribution and QC items here. At least they are listening to consumer concerns and are willing to do something about them.

problem:  they left the yellow off roy's back pack.

solution:  paint one on, or get any yellow sticker and cut it to fit.

I thought the bump was supposed to be white. <_<

it is :)

i thought it was suppose to be yellow? :unsure:

on all the other valks, the 1/48's and 1/60's, the "hump" on the backpack matches the color scheme of the valk. the 1S is the only one i've noticed(so far) that doesn't have any paint on the backpack.

i don't know if its "fact" that they should match, TV/movies-wise, but it should stay consistant with the other valks shouldn't it?

its not like i really care either way. i'm not painting any of my 1/48's...PERIOD! present and future.

if i wanna paint, i'd just buy a model and paint that, but a toy....i don't think so. :)

For the complainers sake, I hope Yamato changes nothing. I want them to leave the pimple, leave the flaps, make the nosecone fall off, make the skull sign crooked and leave the cockpit gap.

Maybe then, they won't feel like Yamato is out to get them.

Weill I'm happy with the fact the 1/48 1S is being released. Mine current one got the short end of the QC stick and I just sold it once I heard improved ones were coming out. If theres an imperfection, I know its there and it drives me crazy. I'm weird like that. So I'm very happy about the re-issues with the improved QC, improved nosecone, flaps (Yes I play with my flaps, Wheeeeeeeee!), front landing gear covers, and canopy. and printings. oooof course if it turns out to be worse than the 1st issue, then I shall be pissed, but for now I am happy :)

I wanna get something straight, what do people mean when they say they play with their toy?

....ugh, where is the sense of innocence in this place. This quote comming from an individual with an avatar of a big-breasted woman running... :lol:

Edited by Wes

I wanna get something straight, what do people mean when they say they play with their toy?

....ugh, where is the sense of innocence in this place. This quote comming from an individual with an avatar of a big-breasted woman running... :lol:

gotta throw in that star wars quote "look at the size of that thing!" :D

Come on guys...Really.....bashing Yamato's is like watching old people screw...it ain't fun for anyone. These are things that have been discussed numerous times.

If you like them, buy them, if you don't, then don't...Please don't bitch about them.....suffice it to say, someone before you has probably said what you are going to say.

Please keep the constant bitching about Yamato to yourself....we know you don't like the toys, don't throw it in our faces time and time again.

Larry Twichell

Is there anything wrong with your particular '1S? If you are bothered that much by it, sell yours and then save up for the reissue....

Come on guys...Really.....bashing Yamato's is like watching old people screw...it ain't fun for anyone. These are things that have been discussed numerous times.

Larry Twichell

yeah man, if anything you should be bashing toynami.... :lol:

yamato is the "rolls royce" of macross/robotech toys as far as i'm concerned. B)

There's something that Drifand and some others said on the older boards that I tend to do as well...

WAIT AND SEE what problems the initial releases have THEN wait to see if there is a rerelease with improvements.

if so, save money to get the reissue. If not buy it if you really want it. No point in whining. This is something us macross lovers have learned to do with yamato. Everything tgets fixed later down the line. The early first releases are guinea pigs for quzlity.

for yamato its a wait and see THEN buy approach. One good thing about these boards is that so many people complain and people like me read these complaints and WAIT before we buy it.

i'm still cautious but i think yamato should offer replacement parts to the consumer without having to go through the painful runaround that rob from monkey-n has so hard try to do. (which by the way we should all thank him for doing us such a generous service. :) ) but if yamato gave that option to the consumer, i think it would keep alot of its regular customers faithful to the company and offer a peace a mind to the consumer.

They are offering replacement parts for their toys. Although, it is available only to Japanese customers.

They [Yamato] cannot distribute outside Japan, including the replacement parts, or Asia for that matter due to the current hoohaah court battle.

Yeah, this just baffles me. When a manufacturer puts out a product and it appears to have some flaws, everyone complains that they should release an improved version. And when they do, everyone complains why they did it. Hmm, I don't get it.

I guess the simple solution is what estacado06479 pointed out. If you don't want the re-issue, pretend it doesn't exist and don't buy it! Many people missed out on the first batch of these and are more than glad that they are re-releasing them.

:angry::angry: Bingo!

Believe me, if I knew Yamato re-released again with the fix version, I wouldn't buy the first time out. I would've waited for the reissue. There's nothing more exciting than having a crispy version.

Anyhow, despites that, I hardly see any flaw in the first one other than the 4 degree crook of the Skull and the canopy from standing up. So either way, I guess I'm happy.

There's something weird about my Max A-Type -- in Battroid mode, the side torso panels don't stay in position. They keep coming loose.

This doesn't bother me, though: most of the time I just leave them flat. On such a superlative toy, a tiny issue like that isn't that big a deal.

I still like my 1/48 Valk very very much. :)

There's something weird about my Max A-Type -- in Battroid mode, the side torso panels don't stay in position. They keep coming loose.

This doesn't bother me, though: most of the time I just leave them flat. On such a superlative toy, a tiny issue like that isn't that big a deal.

I still like my 1/48 Valk very very much. :)

Make sure your front torso panel is pushed down far enough so that it's locked in place beneat those two pegs near the hinge. If those are broken, then you are SOL.

I don't know. I've been reading these Yamato QC threads before Christ supposively walked the Earth, and I just can't believe that it is that much of an issue. Not one of my Yamato's has had any issues...Well, my '21 FP didn't have the paperwork but hey, neither do any of my kitchen help.....