New Horror For Mgs Fans

In my opinion, they already wrote a WC Movie... it was called Wing Commander III, had Mark Hamill, John Rhys-Davies, Malcolm McDowell, Jason Bernard, Tom Wilson, and Tim Curry for cryin out loud.  The hollywood version had.. oh wait, yah.. no one.  I think FPJ hit his peak in Scooby Doo, personally.  Plus, no Thrakhath.  Blair went from being a badass fighter pilot veteran to some idiot "pilgrim," who had some special "gift" so he could navigate jump holes manually.. such bs.

359854[/snapback]

You sir, have excellent taste :)

-Jeremy (who could never figure out why the "original" wing commander cast wasn't tapped for the movie... it could've rocked)

Yes, everyone listen to BSU, Mortal Kombat sucked the wad out of a dead homo's ass.

359780[/snapback]

Ordinarily your movie tastes are pretty in line with my own, but this is not the case. The first MK movie was actually pretty good (especially compared to the jerk-fest it could've been). I liked the first one. The only downside was Christopher Lambert as Raiden (evidently he was hiding from other highlanders while posing as a Chineese Thunder God... no one was convinced)

359877[/snapback]

I'd rather agree with A1's detailed review of MK

If FF 'Spirits Within' wasn't labeled as FF and wasn't some

eco-kumbaja-hippy-bastard-doomsayer's wet dream

(it was like captain planet was shoved up my ***)

it would have been a cool movie to watch

But in defense: FF-SW didn't feature "Live" actors

Well, I for one had a kickass weekend playing and beating MGSolid when it came out. Two days of videogaming goodness that I still remember along with my SNES days. Great gameplay and a plot very well moulded into the game (no need for hours of random battles to care for the characters here).

Crappy director for videogame movie? Ok then, another movie for the "I wont even rent this crap" pile (the pile is getting dangerously high). They'll probably get the Rock to be Snake or something stupid like that.

If Kojima were a smart man, he'd threaten to never make another MGS game for Konami if they follow through with this idea.

Small return from 99.999% Chance of Suck film by crappy director vs. Continued Revenue from Lucrative Game Franchise produced by revered legend.

Make your choice, Konami.

359910[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Kojima has already said that the chances of him doing another MGS beyond this are small (or if there is one, he's said that more likely than not he'd let someone else direct it)... it would be a hollow threat at best at this point.

If Kojima were a smart man, he'd threaten to never make another MGS game for Konami if they follow through with this idea.

Small return from 99.999% Chance of Suck film by crappy director vs. Continued Revenue from Lucrative Game Franchise produced by revered legend.

359910[/snapback]

Unfortunately, Kojima has already said that the chances of him doing another MGS beyond this are small (or if there is one, he's said that more likely than not he'd let someone else direct it)... it would be a hollow threat at best at this point.

359981[/snapback]

He also said that after 2, though.

Anyways, strip the Solid off and just make it Metal Gear.. He's having a lot of fun with Acid as far as I can tell.

359910[/snapback]

359981[/snapback]

He also said that after 2, though.

Anyways, strip the Solid off and just make it Metal Gear.. He's having a lot of fun with Acid as far as I can tell.

359983[/snapback]

You know, after reading your earlier post, I gave the matter some thought and I agree: a movie about the original Metal Gear I think would be best. There's not as much dialogue that *has* to make it into the movie (but we HAVE to get the classic "Uh oh, the truck have started to move!"). And it just lends itself well to a movie format I think, although I think most MG games do.

It was always nice to hear Mei Ling squealing for Snake during those continue screens...

-I certainly hope that Uwe BS is smart enough to include RAIDEN for this next cinematic masterpiece...

Edited by myk

359981[/snapback]

I think that even if Kojima let's someone else direct, it'll still be the same situation as Lucas with Star Wars V, and VI- where he's constantly around giving "input" to the new "director."

-I certainly hope that Uwe BS is smart enough to include RAIDEN for this next cinematic masterpiece...

360066[/snapback]

you know i never really thought Raiden could get any lamer, but if any one could find a way it would definetly be Uwe

chris

Uwe Boll? I was under the impression someone else nabbed the movie rights to MGS. Can't remember who though. It must have been a rumor in itself then. I know it wasn't Paul S. Anderson. He nabbed Castlevania so I don't think we have to worry about him as far as MGS goes (although Castlevania is another matter).

Edited by Flaming Guantlet

Uwe Boll? I was under the impression someone else nabbed the movie rights to MGS. Can't remember who though. It must have been a rumor in itself then. I know it wasn't Paul S. Anderson. He nabbed Castlevania so I don't think we have to worry about him as far as MGS goes (although Castlevania is another matter).

360261[/snapback]

Maybe he's doing both at once... remember Psycho Mantis?

I've been following this for a while, and I was almost certain that it was a bogus rumor.

I had also heard that the tax loophole that made Dr. Bol such a desirable director was no longer available / on it's way out.

Anyway here are the facts. All of his movies are flops. The past three have made considerably less in the box office than they cost to make, and this is going to make people that count hate him too.

That and I can't see Kojima giving up his baby. I don't think he could be that far out of the loop to let someone like Bol use the Metal Gear name.

That and I can't see Kojima giving up his baby. I don't think he could be that far out of the loop to let someone like Bol use the Metal Gear name.

360295[/snapback]

That's what I'm hoping for. Kojima is one of those types of artists who is so obsessive about their works that I can't imagine him merely turning over his work to someone and leaving the rest to the winds. Does Kojima have any influence in how the Metal Gear franchise is handled, or is he merely an important member of its directorial staff in the video game world.

Right, but I wonder how far is influence goes. I'm sure there's a "Mr. Konami" that holds the pink slip to the majority of their franchises...

Right, but I wonder how far is influence goes.  I'm sure there's a "Mr. Konami" that holds the pink slip to the majority of their franchises...

360320[/snapback]

Yes, but Kojima clipped a chip on his neck to immobolize him while he hooked the brainwashing goggles up, then programmed him to A. do whatever Kojima asks, and B. bark like a dog when ever he hears the word "kleptomaniac."

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo_OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-breathe,breathe,breathe,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo...........

I am a hard working man,always pay my taxes and work 3h overtime a day!I still felt I was a naughty boy last year and didn't deserve to recieve gifts. I didn't wanted some either.I helped my mom alot with her imigrationtrouble and moving back to the Netherlands. Why did budda let this happen?

:angry: I hate Uwe Boll .I hate him so much that I wish the GSG-9 would just hop into his house and Headshot this guy trough his ARSCHGESICHT!!

Aaahw whatever. As long as he don't lay his filthy hands on Fear Effect..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Monsterkill him with 10h Pax Corpus gameplay. No,no wait. How about 20h rise of the robots and Pit Fighter.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo_OoOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-breathe,breathe,breathe,

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo...........

I am a hard working man,always pay my taxes and work 3h overtime a day!I still felt I was a naughty boy last year and didn't deserve to recieve gifts. I didn't wanted some either.I helped my mom alot with her imigrationtrouble and moving back to the Netherlands. Why did budda let this happen?

:angry: I hate Uwe Boll .I hate him so much that I wish the GSG-9 would just hop into his house and Headshot this guy trough his ARSCHGESICHT!!

Aaahw whatever. As long as he don't  lay his filthy hands on Fear Effect..... NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Monsterkill him with 10h Pax Corpus gameplay. No,no wait. How about 20h rise of the robots and Pit Fighter.

360486[/snapback]

How about poking him with a cow prod until he dies of shock?

360486[/snapback]

Yes, however, too bad the Grenzschutzgruppe 9 only operates in German jurisdictions. For international matters, send Snake himself; since, you know, this is threatening his very existence.

I hear the PSG-1 does wonders.

004.jpg

For international matters, send Snake himself; since, you know, this is threatening his very existence. 

You're mistaken.

Snake deals with all problems by sneaking up behind someone in a cardboard box, jumping out and strapping C4 to their back, then hiding around a corner until they get near someting flammable or a large number of friends.

360486[/snapback]

Yes, however, too bad the Grenzschutzgruppe 9 only operates in German jurisdictions. For international matters, send Snake himself; since, you know, this is threatening his very existence.

004.jpg

360555[/snapback]

Well his Office is in Burscheid .That's *bing bong* in Germany.Burscheid happens to be near the place where I work,heheheheh.Guess gonna pay them a visit as :ph34r:

I always found the clone/genetic engineering aspects of the MG series to be its high point. The walking mecha took a leap of faith on my part. But the arm possessing a body, an Illuminati-type group that's been alive for more than 200 years...? That just ruins it all for me. MGS2 had so many plot points that turned me off that I just can't stand the series any more.

Especially now that I've discovered the joy that is Splinter Cell. That blows MGS right out of the water.