pix of Halle Berry as Catwoman

This movie will be crap. It hath been declared.

Halle's hot, Balent and Lee's artwork is great (as are many, many other Batman artists)...

But I'll stick with what I used to watch on crappy UHF frequencies.

Julie Newmar will always be my favorite Catwoman.

post-26-1064931564.jpg

This movie will be crap. It hath been declared.

I second that motion on the floor.

Batman has come full circle... it started life as a fruity show with an unspoken love between batman and robin, it became the dark and brooding media cash cow no one expected it to and now it has returned to it's technacolor light in the loafers feel.

Bleh. I'm getting sick of comic book movies altogether. What's Hollywood going to do once they've strip mined the comic industry and run out of ideas?

Make sequels!!! :lol:

Julie Newmar will always be my favorite Catwoman.

Yes Julie Newmar is the still the best Catwoman... GREEEOOOOWWRRR!

EDIT: forgot the damn smiley...

Edited by >EXO<

I saw enough of her in Monster's Ball. Personally I can't stand her, I think she is a bad actress with a big ego, too big of an ego. They could go find a talented unknown to become Storm in the next X-men movie. I have no interest in seeing her as Catwoman.

I agree with you there to a certain extent. I think she's a good actress but terribly overrated and her Oscar win was nothing more than a politically correct sham. Had she not been cast in X-Men and made it 'big" she'd still be in the tabloids for that hit an run accident she had. Now, I do like her I just think she sucks as a super hero actress. She was just so terrible as Storm in the first X-Men film. There's alot more to Storm than being sexy in a tight outfit and throwing lightning bolts. Halle was miscast for the part and proved she didn't even appreciate the character of Storm when she kept whining about the wig through out the filming of X2. I'm not being bais because I wnated Angela Basset in the part but Halle really was a weak Storm. I also think she will make a pretty weak Catwoman. Besides as films go Michelle Pfeifer is the only Catwoman in my heart.

Hey, Max Jenius, you gonna lecture us on how we bitch too much about movies again? :p

Edited by Jemstone

I think the sequils suck after batman returns, why pay $30 (popcorn and future wiffy included) for something that shoould be a TV show. Clooney is horrible actor. I think Vals a good actor, but I hate the take offs from 007. I allways see batman as the old TV show, the newwer Anime and batman movies with Keaton.....and pretty much 007 as Connery. Why do they do this, it never sells as good as the 1st/2nd now, in 10yrs we have a 4th ,agh, yuck

That thing looks more like something out of the Fredrick's of Hollywood catalog. Halle Berry as Catwoman has to be one of the worst casting decisions ever. If you're going to borrow from the comics be somewhat faithful to them. If you're going to totally change the character then at least give her a new name. Blah. :angry::blink:

Lets bash it some more! Its a new movie!

So I take it you like this then, Max? You're quick to point to us when we dislike something, but you studiously avoid offering your own opinion on the matter. Come on...will "Catwoman" be t3h pwnzorz or not?

And then you can tell us how awesome Alien versus Predator will be too.

Hey, Max Jenius, you gonna lecture us on how we bitch too much about movies again?  :p

From Max:

Sheesh, people act like Catwoman is some sort of institution. Honestly.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Max, are you sure you read all the replies before you conclude that is the only thing people are doing in these threads?

I still say she's weak as a super hero actress. Halle as Storm was enough for me.

Edited by Jemstone

Hey, Max Jenius, you gonna lecture us on how we bitch too much about movies again?  :p

From Max:

Sheesh, people act like Catwoman is some sort of institution. Honestly.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAA!!!

Max, are you sure you read all the replies before you conclude that is the only thing people are doing in these threads?

I still say she's weak as a super hero actress. Halle as Storm was enough for me.

Yep, done and done. Lecture? Two lines hardly constitutes a lecture.

I don't have enough information on the film to make a judgement... like I said; its freakin Catwoman. T&A all the way. Julie Newmar was the best Catwoman because she was the hottest, Eartha Kitt had the best voice though.

Oh and Bsu, I'm in no way implying that they will be good either. I am simply stating that until I get more information about anything, I reserve judgement. Avoiding giving my opinions? I have none yet, I haven't seen the film or even a trailer. Sure I may do so now and again, but 95% of the rest of the time I just wait and see. I don't plan to see or not to see movies months or years in advance, I read about the movies I spend my hard earned money(or bandwidth) on.

Its simple really. As for HB being a terrible actress, I'd tend to agree with everyone. However, I've been suprised before....

Oh and Bsu, I'm in no way implying that they will be good either. I am simply stating that until I get more information about anything, I reserve judgement. Sure I may do so now and again, but 95% of the rest of the time I just wait and see.

I'll agree with you on this one. I know absolutely nothing about this movie, other than the fact that Halle Berry is in it, and she wears a silly costume.

Has there even been any word on just what the story will be?

Isn't this that Batman: Year Zero movie?

Nope... that actually still has a chance of being decent. That one involves Christopher Nolan (Memento) who's a good director.

This is the crap-ass Catwoman movie that will probably suck even more than the WB series Birds of Prey. If such a thing is possible.

Nope... that actually still has a chance of being decent.  That one involves Christopher Nolan (Memento) who's a good director.

Now that's a movie that could potentially be good. Christian Bale will make a good Dark Knight, IMHO.

If its half as cheesy as the last couple, its still bad, they'll have to do a little more then directing to save the general opinion of the last few sequils, personally, I'll wait for the video.

Nope... that actually still has a chance of being decent.  That one involves Christopher Nolan (Memento) who's a good director.

Now that's a movie that could potentially be good. Christian Bale will make a good Dark Knight, IMHO.

If its half as cheesy as the last couple, its still bad, they'll have to do a little more then directing to save the general opinion of the last few sequils, personally, I'll wait for the video.

Well, that's sorta the idea there. This movie isn't going to be a sequel at all, but a retelling of the origin with a different feel, look, and style than the previous movies.

Actually, I'm of the opinion that all it takes is talent (not just from the director, but the writer, etc) to make people forget about the crappy bad sequels that Schumacher churned out.

A good movie generates a buzz that goes beyond bad movie experiences. You have to remember that you have 60 freaking years of Batman being an iconic comic book character as well to draw upon.

Believe it or not, folks actually said that Tim Burton's Batman would never overcome the craptastic reputation that the campy 1960's TV show... I think we all know how that turned out.

Like I said, that production is moving in the right direction... let's give it a chance and see how it goes. With Nolan and Christian Bale, it's definitely off to a much better start than this Catwoman crap.

Every movie that does a "retelling" or is "reimagined" is sure to be a big POS. Classic movies can't be made into another classic. The next batman doesn't need to retread what everybody has known for their entire lives. I want to see new adventures in a new style that skips the time taking origin sequence.

In my opinion all Berry needs in that picture is suggestively placed lolipop or piece of fruit. I rate her as being on the same level as charlie sheen, if that.

Liv tyler would be a better catwoman, let her keep the elf ears...

Edited by BYG-DAMN

Every movie that does a "retelling" or is "reimagined" is sure to be a big POS. Classic movies can't be made into another classic. The next batman doesn't need to retread what everybody has known for their entire lives. I want to see new adventures in a new style that skips the time taking origin sequence.

In my opinion all Berry needs in that picture is banana. I rate her as being on the same level as charlie sheen, if that.

Liv tyler would be a better catwoman, let her keep the elf ears...

Banana? WTF is that supposed to mean?

I think this movie will suck, I hate the costume design, the story and everything else, but this movie would suck no matter who played Catwoman. The only thing good about it in IMO is Halle Berry.

Edited by NSJ23

lol you know what, I'm just not gonna see it :D why? Because Halle Berry is just a horrible person, she lies, she cheats, she's one of the worst criminals in acting history, I PERSONALLY think she should of gone to jail instead of getting community service, I mean if they can send Tommy Lee to Jail, why can't they do that to Halle? I'm sure a few inmates could tell her where to shove her oscar :D