Gbp 1/48 Display Model In Akiba

Alex

was just in akihabara and asobit city has the sample gbp on display!

what can i say......its beautiful!

Go check it out if your near there.

The guy there said its out this week so im gonna pop in next saturday to see if i can grab one.

Edited by Alex

I think i was annoying enough without a camera. i didnt leave that shop till id spent at least five minutes inspecting each and every square inch of the thing through the glass cabinet.

its the same place that has a low viz just sitting there on display and wont even accept 12000 for it despite the fact it has no accecories or box.

Heh...renatos always telling me about the old days on mw...like he was some soldier on the fornt line.

If this was the good old days, I'd have a sample in hand already and a review up by now.....grumble, grumble, grumble.

Graham

353520[/snapback]

*grumble grumble grumble*

Where have the good ol days gone? Silly corporate political misunderstanding blah.....

*grumble grumble grumble*

:(

grumble grumble grumble

Blame it on that chick who used to post here, Quadrano639 was it?

353543[/snapback]

just blame it on all the pork eating white devils like most of the world. Damn whitey keeping the white man down... wait a second :blink::lol:

i wont have anytime to get back there till atleast thursday.  hopefully itll be out by then anyway.

i still cant believe im gonna fork over 12000en for a toy thats labelled "parts" <_<

353518[/snapback]

I for one, am glad that we are getting a 1/48 GBP. Only problem is I'm gonna have to wait a couple more weeks before we get it out here in the U.S. :(

If this was the good old days, I'd have a sample in hand already and a review up by now.....grumble, grumble, grumble.

Graham

353520[/snapback]

Yes, those were the days :(

Will we here at MW ever see days like those again?

Only time will tell. . . .

Hah, a couple weeks is not bad compared to like 2-3 months. But this is because to keep the cost down. After all i'm ordering the following:

1. GBP X 6 -- 1/48

2. Super Strike pack X 2 -- 1/48

3. VF-1A CF 1/48

i wont have anytime to get back there till atleast thursday.  hopefully itll be out by then anyway.

i still cant believe im gonna fork over 12000en for a toy thats labelled "parts" <_<

353518[/snapback]

I for one, am glad that we are getting a 1/48 GBP. Only problem is I'm gonna have to wait a couple more weeks before we get it out here in the U.S. :(

353588[/snapback]

yeah....label this as a tease :D

also....the hands look really good.

as is common knowledge they have the black painted areas to make em look more mechanical and they really work. it looks alot more impressive than the old michelin hands from previous 1/48s.

the side pices area definite must even without the armour. itll make the bare valks (especially the low vis) look alot more complete.

the paint job (at least on the display model) is really nice....lighter blue than the 1/60....which makes it look a little nicer coz the red doesnt stand out against it as much giving it a cooler overall look.

the shoulder hatches are a little see thru if open infront of a light source allowing you to see the red bits thru the other side. thats made me a little concerned that the plastic was a little thin but its probably me being too picky again.

the sticker apps looked a little cheap to me. especially the insignia on the.....groin. it looked about as good as the i/55 gbp sticker apps. saying that they werent that bad. im gonna be leaving it sticker free but thats just my opinion.

so some minus points but thats only from a sample. otherwise....bring on the GBP!