New Pics of Yamato VF-0S 1/60

Graham

looks like they took a 1/48 VF-1 and beat it with an ugly stick. I'm really eager to start hearing reviews though, I'm optomistic the toy makes up for its ugliness (not its fault of course, I think the VF-0 is just an ugly duck) with some swank gadgetry. For the price it's going for I think it might be able to perform felatio. Okay, just kidding, but it should have some neat little tricks up its tiny-armed sleeves and a good amount of detail that the pics so far don't do justice to.

I'm worried about the shoulder joints. See in gerwalk mode, you can see most of the shoulder joint and it doesn't look too sturdy on resin. Hopefully its not droopy and loose on the final release.

I definitely like the VF-0 and all it's variations, but I have to say, looks wise. it does not look better than a VF-1 and it's even more apparent when you see the models standing still. When they are, you can really pick out some of the funky proportions and geometries, like the arms. Take a good look at the forearms... weird shape. They look much better in motion to be sure.

One thing I think they should do is drill out the airbrake holes. Always loved how the airbrake holes looked when you could see right through them. That was a sweet detail.

looks like they took a 1/48 VF-1 and beat it with an ugly stick.  I'm really eager to start hearing reviews though, I'm optomistic the toy makes up for its ugliness (not its fault of course, I think the VF-0 is just an ugly duck) with some swank gadgetry.  For the price it's going for I think it might be able to perform felatio.  Okay, just kidding, but it should have some neat little tricks up its tiny-armed sleeves and a good amount of detail that the pics so far don't do justice to.

363588[/snapback]

Okay, at the risk of sounding like I'm not very knowledgable about the VF-0, what's the deal with the gap above the feet in GERWALK mode? Is that how it's supposed to be are just something that's necessary for the toy or am I just being confused by the lighting? Let me know if you guys don't see what i'm talking about...

This variable fighter is supposed to be....."odd" looking, as it's the predecessor to the sleeker, ideally proportioned and arguably better looking VF-1...

One thing I think they should do is drill out the airbrake holes. Always loved how the airbrake holes looked when you could see right through them. That was a sweet detail.

I agree 100%. The holes in the airbrake are one of the main features of the VF-0 which set it apart from the VF-1. Hopefully the final product will be "anime-accurate" (if that's possible with transforming mecha) and have holes through it.

I'm thinking that maybe the prototype piece just isn't sturdy enough with holes through it. But I'll be hella pissed (yes, I said "hella"... because Cartman told me too) if they pull some cheap-ass fake out and simply put black paint in the indentations and call it good-enough!

Edited by Die, Alien Scum!

This variable fighter is supposed to be....."odd" looking, as it's the predecessor to the sleeker, ideally proportioned and arguably better looking VF-1...

363959[/snapback]

Shoot, give the VF-1 arms and shoulder that sit flush with the fighter bottom (like the zero), a skinnier canopy, and those zero-style rounded exhaust flaps, it would damn-well near be perfect <_< .

at $160/-, i just hope yamato doesn't go the full extent of slaying the goose that lays the golden eggs. but in retrospect, i must say that the attention put into the detailing for yamato toys are absolutely top-notch stuff.

thanks in advance to graham for the forthcoming pics, i can hardly wait! :D

Edited by feudallordcult

Oh look, ANOTHER $160 toy... seems to be the magic number for Yamato now...

When does the Garland get its own thread? How come everyone ignored my comment about the VF-0s feet? Am I wrong or is there something funky with GERWALK mode?

364260[/snapback]

What you don't like the gap? :p

BTW I don't think there's anything to panic about, if I'd be building a toy, I'd whant my early sculpt easy to take apart, prally the reason the "ankles" aren't completly round like the 1/48

Edited by NoSuchFile