Pic of Old School Macross Toys ONLY

Agent-GHQ

Are those personal collections??

If not, where are the photos from?

And the Vf-1D, in a sweet looking box? Did someone make that?

I'm drooling just thinking about a properly done 1D chunkie.

Edit: Just read about the boxes on the previous page. It's a shame they aren't available anymore.

Edited by optimator88

LOL he cant afford furniture, poor guy :)

Priorities! Priorities!

You can buy furniture any place or time! How often can you get vintage Takatoku & Ohsato toys...?

I'm disappointed that the 1/55 reissues does not come with the same textured box like the 80s!

The reissues are rerelease/reproductions of the Bandai 1/55s, which came in "plain" boxes.

The original Takatoku 1/55s had textured boxes. Takatoku hasn't been around since late '83, so it's not likely we'll be seeing reissues of their releases.

The reissues are rerelease/reproductions of the Bandai 1/55s, which came in "plain" boxes.

The original Takatoku 1/55s had textured boxes. Takatoku hasn't been around since late '83, so it's not likely we'll be seeing reissues of their releases.

Indeed, but Bandai had textured boxes as well, not as texture as the takatoku though.

• 4 weeks later...

Here's some pics of my old school Macross 1/55 collection...

post-415-1254258560_thumb.jpg

My vintage Bandai 1/55 Macross Collection: VF-1A, VT-1 SuperOstrich, VF-1S Strike Valkyrie, VE-1 Elintseeker, VF-1S Super Valkyrie.

post-415-1254258595_thumb.jpg

My vintage Takatoku 1/55 Macross Collection: VF-1S Super Valkyrie, VF-1A, VF-1J (Max Type), VF-1J (Millia Type), VF-1S, VF-1J (Hikaru Type) with GBP-1S.

post-415-1254258658_thumb.jpg

Close up of my holy grail; Bandai 1/55 VT-1 SuperOstrich.

post-415-1254258717_thumb.jpg

Close up of my holy grail #2; Bandai 1/55 VE-1 Elintseeker.

Yet peeps still think it doesn't exist! Also, those are some good ol pics of vintage collection.

Try reading the article once more.

Just in case you missed these points from both paragraphs...

P1

"Although American collectors have claimed sightings for years, no evidence has ever turned up, and both Japanese toy scholars and industry insiders insist that it doesn’t exist.)"

P2

"But how fitting would it be if the combined wishes of uncounted Macross-maniacs finally willed the damn thing into existence?"

:mellow:

• 3 weeks later...

just wanna share my recent haul this oct 2009..

i got this badly yellowed original jetfire from a teenager who doesnt even know its name or value..her mom just kept it ontop of a cabinet covered with plastic wraps for years!

its badly yellowed, but nevertheless, its complete, hinges still firm, accessories intact..

Image0157.jpg

Image0161.jpg

Image0164.jpg

jetfire_orig003.jpg

now mingling with his cousin..

bandai019.jpg

bandai017.jpg

bandai020.jpg

bandai021.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well I decided to pick up a couple of Macross Valks as a Christmas present to myself this year.

One of them was a loose, vintage Takatoku VF-1J off of Ebay. While I have several other 1/55th chunkies, up to this point they have all been from Bandai along with a few from Joons that I got in the 90's and so this is my first Takatoku Valk!

:D

The figure is very clean for a 26+ year old toy and overall I'd grade it as a C8+. The only problems are a few of the stickers are peeling at the edges, the paint on the wings is scuffed in the usual places and the tail assembly doesn't hold itself upright when the valk is in Battroid mode (something I'll look into repairing) other than that everything else is extremely tight with zero discoloration.

Takatoku-1.jpg

However for now I think that I am just going to enjoy just looking at it on my desk.

Edited by Luclin999

Nice score, Luclin999. Nothing like having an real, 1980s example of THE TOY that started it all.

I picked up one myself - gently used and still in its wonderful Takatoku box with original Japanese price tags - a couple of months ago, and I just marvel at it like some dinosaur footprint or an actual letter in some famous author's own handwriting.

• 4 months later...