Cm's Corp Macross Figure Collection #3

Aaron

I like the red/maroonish color scheme for the uniforms. Nice alternative.

Max looks a lil gehy in the colored pic...and since the image is kind of small i can't see if there's any seam lines for him to indicate swapping legs and arms...Isamu looks kinda chunky IMO...and the flower girl looks like cagalli from gundam seed :p and it's good to see that the VF-1S cockpit is Roys and not Hikarus...

Max looks a lil gehy in the colored pic...and since the image is kind of small i can't see if there's any seam lines for him to indicate swapping legs and arms...Isamu looks kinda chunky IMO...and the flower girl looks like cagalli from gundam seed :p and it's good to see that the VF-1S cockpit is Roys and not Hikarus...

yeah, I thought the same about isamu. He either looks too fat or too muscular. But it's better than nothing! ;):p:D:lol:

I think like with

POTETO and POTATO

TOMEITO and TOMATO

it is all good

:)

here is the card I was talking about

:)

Noel

OK. Except in this case, notice that the "ya" kana is actually smaller case, therefore the rule applies that it is mixed with the first syllable, meaning that the combination of the first two characters are read as "sha". Romanizing it as "Shiya" would imply that there are two separate syllables for those first two characters, "shi" and "ya", whereas this is not the case. Which is why "Shammy", "Shamii" etc. are all acceptable... But "Shiyami" would change the overall pronounciation.

If you don't believe me, just listen to the audio in the show.

And I wouldn't rely on the cards... I mean, we all know there is nobody in the show called "Vanetha". :lol:

yeah, I thought the same about isamu. He either looks too fat or too muscular. But it's better than nothing! ;):p:D:lol:

yeah i know :p:lol: but i kinda wish they gave a pilot Max or Kakizake as the special figure, not another cockpit it's basically a repaint of the first one. i hope they make gloval and more bridge bunnies in series 4...and less minmay <_< i would also like tv versions of skull squad :p

Isamu looks like he wants to fly so badly because he's so fricken short. It looks like someone cut him off at the knees and glues his shoes onto his stumps.

Then again, maybe it's just the angle. :p

Come on, the FLOWER GIRL?! Of all the characters in the series they pick one that IIRC never said a full sentence in the entire series. She just waited like an idiot in a series long running gag to give Basara flowers and always failing until right before the end battle when she threw them to him.

Nor she doesn't even has a name LOL, cute character I like her anyways.

Still very disappointed by the VF-1S cockpit chase figure :( . They really should have done something new and original.

Graham

I don't think that VF-1S cockpit with Roy is a secret figure. The CM's 1 & 2 have

10 pieces in the box and the secret figure is alternate. This CM's 3 set will have 12 pieces in the box so hopefully the secret figure will be something different.

Max... decent, not as good as the Miria figure from the set...

Minmay... just OK. Its just another minmay.

Shammy... ugly

Flower girl... good sculpt... not really interesting.

Isamu... WTF? Midget isamu? He'll be half the height of Roy. Geez

Cockpit... only cool if they did Max and Kakizaki. or at least Max... I'm gonna get some extras and paint them if I can.

This CM's 3 set will have 12 pieces in the box so hopefully the secret figure will be something different.

hopefully it's another Macross Plus figure or something. It would be cool if all these figures came with parts to make another character or the SDF-1 Macross.

let's just hope it's not another Minmay chase figure <_<

Still very disappointed by the VF-1S cockpit chase figure  :( . They really should have done something new and original.

Graham

Any suggestions what the chase figure should have been?

Young Myun [Teenage Myung during the opening of the OVA] (M+)*

Sharon Apple Mermaid Form/Cat Girl Form (M+)

One of the other Bridge Bunnies (TV or DYRL)

Shower-scene Minmay (DYRL)

Suzy Newtlet (Macross VFX2)

Myung with H&K Sub-machine Gun (M+)

Max Pilot (DYRL)

Diorama of Kakizaki's exploding cockpit :p (DYRL)

Shoji Kawamori (cameo DYRL)

*I would really want to get the young myung figure if they made it.

Shower-scene Minmay would be funny, but won't happen. :p

If they decide to do another cockpit, then Kakizaki's as he gets shot down would be a fun departure. Having another cockpit just sucks. <_<

I don't give a rat's @ss about Hikaru, I want a Max DYRL Valkyrie Pilot figure. I need someone besides Roy to hit on all the girls in my gashapon collections. :lol:

I'm actually starting to wonder if that's supposed to be Kim or Vanessa, and not Shammy. Note the lack of Shammy's trademark socks.

Also keep in mind that in DYRL the animators made a pretty lavish cell of Vanessa taking off her glasses, so maybe this figure is a tribute to that animation?

post-4-1119438972.jpg

DSC00073.JPG

I'm actually starting to wonder if that's supposed to be Kim or Vanessa, and not Shammy. Note the lack of Shammy's trademark socks.

Also keep in mind that in DYRL the animators made a pretty lavish cell of Vanessa taking off her glasses, so maybe this figure is a tribute to that animation?

post-4-1119438972.jpg

DSC00073.JPG

I agree. That thing looks nothing like Shammy. In fact, it looks just like a stock anime figure they had leftover from another series and they decided to just mod it slightly.

There is the possibility that they got the wrong name on the label.. doubt it, though.

Renato, my friend

not that I dont believe you

just shared what I thought it was

I am not the guy who will insist it is a PiROT than a Pilot

if what I thought it was totally changed the pronounciation

then I will admit I am wrong

cheers!

Noel

No worries -- They'll probably end up calling her "Jammy" or something. ;)

I was thinking Isamu looked kind of like a midget too. Wierd.

The uniform is also way too baggy.

Anyone else notice Max has a "bulge"? Ewwwww.

Edited by Anubis

Anyone else notice Max has a "bulge"?  Ewwwww.

Now that you mention it... LOL! No wonder he won over Milla easily... :lol::p

So which valks will be "in-scale" with this giant Max? Probably Kaiyodo or Banpresto?

I think it's 1/60 like Millia.

Still very disappointed by the VF-1S cockpit chase figure  :( . They really should have done something new and original.

Graham

I don't think that VF-1S cockpit with Roy is a secret figure. The CM's 1 & 2 have

10 pieces in the box and the secret figure is alternate. This CM's 3 set will have 12 pieces in the box so hopefully the secret figure will be something different.

Oh I wish they had Max in TV uniform instead of the Q-Rau uniform, I mean how many minutes was it seen in DYRL? I guess it's to satisfy buyers of the blue Q-Rau. For Minmay, I would have liked her in the red Chinese dress since it had more screen time and we already have from CMS 1 her in a singing dress. Flower Girl, huh? I watched M7 and they should've at least done Mireya as Mayor or in the red/white pilot suit she wore when she flew the VF again. Bridge Bunny figure, ok though Gloval or Claudia would've been cooler? I still don't see if they were going to choose a female figure from the t.v. series, why Claudia got passed. Isamu, o.k., and the cockpit is o.k. for those of us who didn't get is as a chase in CMS 2.

Still, can't complain since they're at least continuing this series after I thought it ended. Something is better than nothing.

Well all I can say is that it is about time for Max to show up. I would have liked him in his DYRL UN Spacy suit, though. The flower girl isnt too bad but I never scene M7. Still debating on seeing that. :rolleyes: Now a red chinese dress Minmay would be great or even better Minmay in sailor suit. And since they got one bridge bunny, maybe the next set we will get the rest.

Now for the Minmay shower scene... you guys can make you own like someone here did the naked Millia. Horndogs... :p

hmm.... Major tom and monkey nugget might on to something here about how the cockpit might not be the chase..... I hope it's not the chase. Can't wait to find out!! :p:D:lol:

Now a red chinese dress Minmay would be great or even better Minmay in sailor suit. And since they got one bridge bunny, maybe the next set we will get the rest.

:D Oh HELL YEAH! Minmay Guard Minmay! The version of her in the sailor uniform! That would be so cool! :D

Chinese dress Minmay would be nice if she wasn't a bun-head... :p

They could do a number of figures based off of the different holo-clothes she and Hikau tried on in DYRL. But seriously none of them really held my attention.

They could do her in a bride outfit, but then again this isn't Evangelion popularity. She's too old for people today, she's what 16? :p:lol: Gotta get them younger like Rei and Asuka, in order to hold anyone's attention.

(So no one kicks me in the balls later I'm not serious, I'm just joking based on an observation :p:lol: but don't forget the three characters in Macross says everything about the creators "warera rori konda" ;) )

Still, I'm just happy to see that there will BE a CM's series 3.

I would bet Samurai M Shiney Nickel that Cm's comes out with 4 and 5 due to the fact that they only came out with one bridge bunny this run :D or maybe this is just wishful thinking on my side. ;)

Well, I assume the Isamu is short because of the angle of the pic. The Max is only okay but I plan on getting a couple and using one of my extra Hikaru's to make a UN Spacy Max. The Flower Girl is sort of an odd pic but I don't mind. That bridge bunny looks like a cross between Shammy and Vanessa. Either way, we need more bridge bunnies.

• 3 weeks later...