1/48 CANNON FODDER!

Anubis

does the CF not come with a pilot figure?

I've got this thing pre-ordered now. I can hardly wait any longer. It'll be my first 1/48. And such a long wait its been. Looking for a decent CF valk is why i joined MW to begin with. (hence my screen name.)

I wouldnt worry. Yamato has always included pilots in the 1/48s. Why should they stop now?

Found this article in a magazine the other day:

This page is from either Hobby Japan or Figure King

and in it, there is no mention of the word Limited Edition

or "GenTe" Kanji pronounciation

Noel

Defintely wasn't Hobby Japan....some magazine I was flipping through at Tsutaya. Sorry, don't remember the title...might have been Figure something....

Edited by peter

Toywave has the CF listed as...

Limited!! :o:huh:

VF-1A 1/48 Mass Production Type

By Yamato 1:48 VF-1A Production Type. Hobby Show limited item, one time production only! Release in August.

Do they know something we all don't? Can anyone verify this?

My guess is that he's just reading the same stuff we are. I'm not sure Toy-wave (nice as he is and as good a retailer as he has been to us) is an authority on the subject.

H

Found this article in a magazine the other day:

This page is from either Hobby Japan or Figure King

and in it, there is no mention of the word Limited Edition

or "GenTe" Kanji pronounciation

Noel

Defintely wasn't Hobby Japan....some magazine I was flipping through at Tsutaya. Sorry, don't remember the title...fight have been Figure something....

It's from Figure Oh (AKA Figure King), because I looked at the issue this weekend.

if it IS in fact limited, why do they japanese companies keep the number a secret? like in the US, pretty much all limited items are given a specific number and made public even before the toys are released.

so where are the japanese sites that tell you specifically what it's limited to if it is in fact limited?

Heh, doesn't matter if it's limited or not. Just like the Low Viz I'll get mine when it comes and probably follow with a second before it's too late.

• 1 month later...

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm thinking of pre-ordering the cannon fodder. I've got a few q's I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. Will this thing come with a pilot figure (I don't really care whether its TV or DYRL - I just want a pilot!)

2. I don't understand this thing about TV and DYRL hands. I've seen box pics of the 1/48 VF-1J Max and Miriya Super valks and I can see two sets of non articulated hands. Are those extras? Do the Max and miriya valks still have articulated built-in hands and more importantly will the cannon fodder have built in hands?

Dave

Hi, I'm a newbie and I'm thinking of pre-ordering the cannon fodder. I've got a few q's I was hoping someone could help me with.

1. Will this thing come with a pilot figure (I don't really care whether its TV or DYRL - I just want a pilot!)

2. I don't understand this thing about TV and DYRL hands. I've seen box pics of the 1/48 VF-1J Max and Miriya Super valks and I can see two sets of non articulated hands. Are those extras? Do the Max and miriya valks still have articulated built-in hands and more importantly will the cannon fodder have built in hands?

Dave

311760[/snapback]

1) Yup. All 1:48th have come with their own little pilots. It's just that this one is nameless, and therefore, disposable (in a cannon fodder way! ).

2) You'll get a set of articulated hands that are already attached to the Valk, and the TV hands come as extras. To use them, simply pull off the hands (they come off easily), and put on the TV hands. That's it! And yes, the Max and Miriya came with both types of hands (TV and DYRL).

just noticed valkyrie exchange has this on his website :

Availability: Arrives Sept. '05

is this firm ?

so far all the info previously  points to aug release

now release date has been pushed back ? ;)

311869[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure that he's just going by the conventional wisdom date of August, and then adding in the cross-pacific transit time. But just guessing.

H

is this firm ?

311869[/snapback]

hey...at least the update didn't say "Christmas 06". think how sad you would have been! :lol:

is this firm ?

311869[/snapback]

I don't think so. Thing is, a lot of things have (say) Aug release, but they release on 31 Aug.. technically that's still in August. :rolleyes:

Shipping times have to be accounted for too, as mentioned. Mid Sept is a good estimate provided nothing else go amiss.

The 1J pictured has already been released as it is 1/60 scale.

314539[/snapback]

I think he's talking about the one on the top of the ad, not the one on the bottom.

The 1J pictured has already been released as it is 1/60 scale.

314539[/snapback]

I think he's talking about the one on the top of the ad, not the one on the bottom.

314551[/snapback]

The one on top of the ad is a VF-1S. Although it´s a black and withe picture you can tell it's a VF-1S because of the black stripe that runs along the leg and the black tailfins on the plane.

If it was Hikaru's VF-1J the leg should be all white.

I can't comment what the ad says where VF1-J is written since I don't know anything bout Japanese :(