We are all DOOMED!

That's funny cuz a co-worker mentioned the same thing last Fri when the new Pope was "presented" to the public. "That ugly new Pope looks like the Dark Emperor from Star wars".

I can't get enough of the harry Potter/Star Wars synopsis. :lol:

As there are always 2 Sith, who is the other one?

And which is the master and which the apprentice?

Graham

*shutters* pope: would you like to be my apprentice young padawon?

like the church needs more sexual harrassment lawsuits.

He was the apprentice now HE is the master. I guess the next head cardinal would be his apprentice.

"It is your destiny"

Too obvious. It's very likely that his right hand of evil is probably somebody you've seen before. He'd be younger, sorta charismatic, yet still capable of great unspeakable evils. He'd be where you least expect it and probably from some nowheresville like, say... uh, Crawford, TX. ;)

It was only a matter of time before he showed his dark side powers.

Agent ONE, you are our only hope.

Graham

Don't worry guys I am in training for the big showdown as we speak.

He was the apprentice now HE is the master. I guess the next head cardinal would be his apprentice.

"It is your destiny"

Too obvious. It's very likely that his right hand of evil is probably somebody you've seen before. He'd be younger, sorta charismatic, yet still capable of great unspeakable evils. He'd be where you least expect it and probably from some nowheresville like, say... uh, Crawford, TX. ;)

Darth Dubbya :ph34r:

It was only a matter of time before he showed his dark side powers.

Agent ONE, you are our only hope.

Graham

Don't worry guys I am in training for the big showdown as we speak.

Just be sure you get it filmed in at least 5 different camera angles, and get someone to compose something catchy while you're fighting. :D

and get someone to compose something catchy while you're fighting. :D

Anybody got John Williams phone number?

Graham

No, but I think I can get you the guy who arranged the techno soundtrack for Mortal Kombat... :unsure:

wOW....I'm only reading this thread now, as I've been overly busy at work.

I was talking w/a coworker here in the lab the day & hour the new pope was announced on the Internet world news outlets.

We both "point/clicked' to take a look(coworker is 56 yr old,Catholic) and our

reaction was exactly the same.... :huh: ... :ph34r: ... :( ... :lol:

"The veil of the Dark Side has Fallen...., begun the Sith Wars has...."

No Sh**. That guy IS Sidious. The writing on the wall"Ene, Mene, tekel, Upharsim" is clear. ;)

I stated in a post a long time back that I personally believe modern, mass entertainment media is a vehicle for modern day prophesy.

To reach out to a society that refuses to have faith in miracles, healings and down-to-earth "soul searching".

He that hath an ear, let him hear...

{church over}

;)

Yeah I have a similar theory: That movies tell the true agenda the government has been wanting to push for a long time, BUT....

because they know people will violently oppose the themes (take enemy of the state for example) they have structured the movie so it softens the blow for when events similar or identical to the ones in the movie really happens and people's defenses are disarmed. Politicians plot and time thier events in a certain order to best shape the opinions of the public into accepting whatever they have up thier sleeves. Anyone who has seen the movie "Wag the Dog" knows what I'm talking about here. The reason they do it is to condition you and desensitise you enough to "give up" the debate and let them carry it out, or to just test the audiences reactions to see if they are ready to carry the plan out yet or not.

In some movies the true messages are there but wrapped around fictional characters, events, places changed from the real-life people, real-life events, and place they are modelled off. (probably to protect the identities of the people involved)

Star War's fall of the republic into an evil empire is equivalent to the building of a single unfiying government power that will have nothing in its way but terrorists (rogue freedom fighters) to fight as an enemy combatant now that the villains have achieved close to world domination.

You could say that in the bible, revelations warns people that when the messiah makes his second appearance it will be as a judge not as a nice guy sacrificing himself. Earth has been secretly manipulated behind the scenes all along but people don't know by who or what due to the secretive nature of the villain.

I think this parrallels nicely with the themes of destruction and violence that are going to be happening as more and more war is waged in future and machines become technologically advanced and are perfected in thier killing potential. De-mock-racy will soon turn into a dictatorship if it has not already. (from behind the scenes where leaders are forced to stick to thier original plan of unifying the world into a single powerful empire ie neocons )

Soon schools, hospitals, all sorts of public services will go private as predicted in all the dystopian sci-fi movies where laws are strict and prisons are full of innocent people whose disagreement led to thier enslavement. Men will be hand picked based on thier DNA (Gattaca) and eugenicists will have a field day picking and choosing who is worthy to live. (Terri Schiewhat-ever-her-name-was) The future is going to be depressing as man is replaced by more efficient machine workers, and the meaning of existance is contemplated as unemployed and poor people struggle to compete, just to survive and crime goes out of control necessitating a surveilance society with brutal police patrolling every area and big brother watching the moves of the population every minute of the day to keep dissidents in line. (play that blade-runner-esque game "shadow run", where the people living on the bottom are forced to either wear a suit in comformity to the empire or join a gang and hack into security systems and corporate networks to steal valuable information. This is a very realistic depiction of the future when you think about it.)

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker