Which one would you rather have?

Kurimao

to be honest, with the exception of the goofy crotch I prefer yamatos rendition. The yamato GBP looks so agressive and mean. While the slightly slimmer look of the model kit is probably more accurate I prefer yamatos interpretation because I think it holds closer to the spirit of what the GBP armor is all about, making the valk look even bigger and meaner.

The Hasegawa battroid models naturally look superior to any Yamato produced Valkyrie simply because of the transformation design compromises Yamato must make and because Hasegawa models are built for detail rather than durability. By extention, the Super, Strike, and GBP armors are going to look better when created for a better looking base mecha upon which to add the accessories.

With that in mind, I can honestly say that while I find the Hasegawa custom GBP better looking, Yamato has done a damn fine job with their 1/48 scale GBP. In some respects, they've even made the GBP armor more menacing to look at. The 1/48 GBP is simply the best looking armor set for any TOY version of a VF-1 valkyrie I've ever seen and it wins such praise by a very large margin I might add.

I'd rather have a GBP armor set (and the Valkyrie) that looks like the Hasegawa models, but is a toy and fully transformable. But without such a product, I am more than pleased with my 1/48 scale Yamatos and I know I'll love the GBP accessory set.

Left looks more accurate but the right looks very imposing and fierce. (ie badass. Like the skinny valk is now a chunky destroid)

If given a choice for only 1 I would probably end up getting the left if it meant no compromises in robustness. My main worry is how sturdy is the toy and if the armor will pop off.

But if they do end up with the right, please give us detachable hand upgrades or extensions to suit the rest of the body.

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

The one on the left is better looking but its not fair to compare a painted one with an unpainted sculpt. And as Mr March said, one is a transformable toy the other is a model.

Just include the TV hands and Yamato will be ok. I have already written off the posability of the toy, don't think its possible without bending the laws of physics!

The one on the left is better looking but its not fair to compare a painted one with an unpainted sculpt. And as Mr March said, one is a transformable toy the other is a model.

They are going to release the one on the right as a low visibility GBP jk

Me I dont care w/c one is the anime correct but I'll still choose the better looking one.

Just out of curiosity, which one?

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

I have to agree with MR.MARCH here. The YAMATO version does look menacing and aggresive, which is exactly what the GBP ARMOR should look like. So, I guess it is the YAMATO version for me. Although, I'd probably take both, if given the opportunity. I mean, who wouldn't ;):D ?!

And hopefully this can influence Yamato...

Errr.....ok. When Yamato have spent nearly a year in development, have the CAD designs finished and already have a completed physical sculpt, plus have probably started to cut the steel molds, I'm sure they will be influenced by a photo of a model from an old hobby magazine :rolleyes: .

Just because a few fans prefer that model kit sculpt, doesn't mean Yamato is going throw out their existing design and start all over from scratch. There is already a lot of money invested in the design so at this stage of development there is no way that they are going to be making any major changes.

Graham

No matter what, the Yamato one is set and will sell like hot cakes since this is the first removable GBP-1S toy since the Taka one decades ago :lol:

I guess Yamato could have done a better job if they did not insist on making all missiles detachable, this will no doubt add difficulties to the scuplt, not to mention the fat chest syndrome ;)

Btw, is the one on the left the Yellow Submarine 1/100 resin kit or a scratch build using a Hase VF-1 as base?

Edited by Valk009

No matter what, the Yamato one is set and will sell like hot cakes since this is the first removable GBP-1S toy since the Taka one decades ago  :lol:

You are forgetting Yamato's earlier 1/60 version!

(Although many of us wish we could forget it) :lol: .

Graham

Errr.....ok. When Yamato have spent nearly a year in development, have the CAD designs finished and already have a completed physical sculpt, plus have probably started to cut the steel molds, I'm sure they will be influenced by a photo of a model from an old hobby magazine :rolleyes: .

Just because a few fans prefer that model kit sculpt, doesn't mean Yamato is going throw out their existing design and start all over from scratch. There is already a lot of money invested in the design so at this stage of development there is no way that they are going to be making any major changes.

Graham

Heh. Perfectly said. Plus, even if they were to "start over". . . I'm not sure how they could improve it to make it more accurate to the line art. They are constrained by the 1/48 VF-1 itself. And, as we all know, there is a lot of "anime magic" in how a VF-1 looks between fighter and battroid mode. Not to mention the GBP line art's liberties with proportion.

Yamato can't just wish it into looking like the line art. It has to fit on the friggin' toy!

H

You are forgetting Yamato's earlier 1/60 version!

(Although many of us wish we could forget it) :lol: .

good point, haha. lucky i never got started on 1/60s (though that means i'll never get an Ostrich or Elint <_< )

but IMHO, the anime version doesn't even look good. i'd easily settle for M0's GBP (if it's called that) but in my opinion, none of the original Macross GBPs were too damn good looking in the 1st place.

that said, i say Yamato has done a FINE job with bringing out the menace in the GBP design. a strike valk might not be able to inspire fear in a zentran cruiser's crew but a GBP with its missile pods open would do that and the Yamato version seems to have done quite well.

just my two cents worth

Exactly. The two renditions of the GBP Armour look different mainly because of the vast differences in the proportions of the Battroid Valkyrie that is encased inside each one.

Aw, that chest launcher section on the 1/48 could be trimmed down some don't you think?

Graham

Ok not Yamato, cuz as you said it would be too impossible. But some other chinese toy companies could try (like the makers of MP Trailer) :D

Just out of curiosity, which one?

Sleek, sexy, right proportions, highly mobile, & realistically more intimidating... the Hasegawa version.

Edited by Kurimao

Id pick the Yamato one...mainly because its so "aggresive" and is realistic to the 1/48s transformation and proportions. Think of it like this....if you was gonna do battle all alone against superior odds...id pic the one that has more protection and more volume to carry more armaments.

- Jin