Eternal D's 2 Seater valk

EXO

dang, good job on that, but why is the cockpit cover blue? Is that just a place holder for the clear cockpit?  :huh:

Maybe He just have to do the clear canoby yet, notice that there isn't the head too.

It looks nice.

Edited by Ido

I haven't figured out how to attach the head yet... I'm suppose to draw the instructions but I didn't get instuctions... lol. All I got was a box with a bunch of small parts. I can't screw the cockpit close until I put the head on, hence the gap.

Rohby is recasting the actual canopy, I didn't want to wait. Clear resin takes forever to cure. :rolleyes::D

The kit looks good though. All of the white parts you see are the additional parts for the conversion kit.

Fantastic work. Looking forward to seeing it in battroid mode. Very interested to see the D-type heatshield.

Maybe this will be the proverbial boot up the ass that Yamato needs in order to get working on some 2-seater 1/48 versions of their own.

Graham

Godzilla,

Couldn't the same heatshield be used?

The cockpit does not appear to be extended. From the looks of it, it doesn't appear it would have to be.

The only major difference I could see is since the cavity of where the head rests in battroid mode. The head would be slightly higher than other VFs due to way it is set up.

For Example:

regular VF shoulder to shoulder line:

---_______----

VF-1D shoulder to shoulder line:

-------------------

Check the Design Works and you'll see what I mean.

Edited by nightmareB4macross

I haven't figured out how to attach the head yet... I'm suppose to draw the instructions but I didn't get instuctions... lol. All I got was a box with a bunch of small parts. I can't screw the cockpit close until I put the head on, hence the gap.

Rohby is recasting the actual canopy, I didn't want to wait. Clear resin takes forever to cure. :rolleyes::D

The kit looks good though. All of the white parts you see are the additional parts for the conversion kit.

Just to be a silly nitpick :D

Why are you calling this a recast when he is producing an original master for the 2 seater parts?

Isnt a recast when you are making an unauthorized copy of someone elses resin production casts? I`m guessing he gave Rohby permission to make casts of his masters.

just the canopy is a recast... ;) Everything else is his master.

I just stripped a 1/48 of it's paint for my next custom and I decided to try out the parts... lol... just to see how it looks... besides what can he do... he's in China!

MWUAHAHAHA!

Godzilla,

Couldn't the same heatshield be used?

The cockpit does not appear to be extended. From the looks of it, it doesn't appear it would have to be.

The only major difference I could see is since the cavity of where the head rests in battroid mode. The head would be slightly higher than other VFs due to way it is set up.

For Example:

regular VF shoulder to shoulder line:

---_______----

VF-1D shoulder to shoulder line:

-------------------

Check the Design Works and you'll see what I mean.

I think it is extended back and the section behind the cockpit is shortened, so the heatshield has to be extended. Also As it starts from a different position from alons the back of the cockpit, you need to sort of modify the shape too.

The first Yamato two-seater developed by a MWer. I'm so proud! :wub:

The first Yamato two-seater developed by a MWer. I'm so proud!

;) Wrong! Current MW member Spiff (known as Irspiff on the old boards) designed a complete VF-1D conversion kit for the Yamato 1/60 VF-1's long before Yamato even announced plans to make 2-seater 1/60 valks. As a matter of fact, it may well have been partially responsible for prodding Yamato into producing their own VF-1D. Graham showed the kit to Yamato when he still had his old contacts. Now if we could just get Spiff to finish the VF-11 full armor project.... :) .

Thanks for the pics EXO. D did a great job designing this. I'm very excited to see this project up and running.

The first Yamato two-seater developed by a MWer. I'm so proud!

;) Wrong! Current MW member Spiff (known as Irspiff on the old boards) designed a complete VF-1D conversion kit for the Yamato 1/60 VF-1's long before Yamato even announced plans to make 2-seater 1/60 valks. As a matter of fact, it may well have been partially responsible for prodding Yamato into producing their own VF-1D. Graham showed the kit to Yamato when he still had his old contacts. Now if we could just get Spiff to finish the VF-11 full armor project.... :) .

Thanks for the pics EXO. D did a great job designing this. I'm very excited to see this project up and running.

think he meant for the 1/48

Yeah I meant the 1/48. As you can see in my sig, not much interest for 1/60s :p

Spiff is good, but if this thing can transform perfectly, it's a major feat that can turn MW Toy forum upside down!

Thats badass man!! EXO are you gonna paint it in orange or low viz? I think VF-1D's would look badass as Low viz's. Screams interceptor!

It's Eternal_D's valk. :rolleyes:

Hey EXO, E's in Shanghai right no and finds it hard to get internet access, did you ask him if you can erm...post those pics? ;):lol: He's going to go nuts reading and answering most of the questions to this thread!

besides what can he do... he's in China!

MWUAHAHAHA!

Yep he is here and he is having FUN!

I hope <_<

And I am taking care of the of Danny :p ... so no wonder why he can't do nothing... he is doing nothing but parting all night. In his current state if he lay his hands on the convertion kit he can only trash all the beautifull work he has done or engrave under the chest plate words like "take me to Dong Ren Lu, Julu Lu, Maoming Lu, Zapatasssss who yao xiao xieeeeee"

... poor lost soul. :rolleyes:

:lol:

Sorry, I can't answer any of those questions. I took it apart after I broke one of those small fins on the back chest plates. I glued it back on and it looks ok... it would be stonger if it was a recast. :D So no one tell D please. :lol:

There's a modified heatshield here and a head thats taken apart.

I also need my parts back to start on my Max TV-1A. ;)

It looks like it's ready though.