what scale would you want destroids in?

calvin

57 members have voted

1. 1. what scale would you want destroids in?

• 1/48.
    • 1/60.

1/60. How much detail do we need on these things? These should be relatively cheap since they don't transform or anything. That said, one or two in 1/48 (especially a Phalanx - though I prefer the MII Phalanx-II - with removable missiles, etc.) would be cool too.

The "main" line should remain 1/60. No way we're gonna see a 1/48 Q-rau.

i put 1/60 because I dont' think yamato will make a 1/48 monster...but then again maybe they will.

plus since destroid are non-transforming...i think 1/60 will be plenty big to give them good detail.

After seeing the 1/60 version could you imagine the size and cost for a 1/48 version!OMG!! :D

i put 1/60 because I dont' think yamato will make a 1/48 monster...but then again maybe they will.

plus since destroid are non-transforming...i think 1/60 will be plenty big to give them good detail.

After seeing the 1/60 version could you imagine the size and cost for a 1/48 version!OMG!! :D

What Rune said!

Damn man could you imagine a 1/48 Monster? :o

-b.

Good point Guppy. The shelf space is getting a critical issue for me. This year I allready bought 3 glass cabinets.... and I will have to buy the 4th now.

Anyways since the destroids are not really complex toys like the transformable Valkyries, I think Yamato can make a nice level of detail and accuracy in a 1/60 scale, wich is not a small scale at all.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again, it's a great time to be a Macross fan!

Just a few short years ago most of us didn't have enough Macross toys to fill even a single shelf, now our shelves and display cabinets are overflowing with Macross toys, with many more on the way.

Ya know when Yamato first started releasing toys, I was determined to keep all the boxes, but even with flat-packing them it's becoming impossible.

Sebastian..........4 display cabinets!!!!!! Is that just for your house in Shanghai or also includes your home in Chile?

Graham

haha, thanks for identifying the positive angle on having no shelf space G! :)

I have 3 1/2 shelves full, as well as my computer desk. And I'm waging a secret psychological warfare with my wife to keep the 1/48's on top of the tv - so I can happily stare at them when she watches crap tv shows. :D

PS - I noticed your sig.. of COURSE you should keep the rest of MW! I still use the toy & model section for reference.. and I post the links to my friends to convince them to start buying macross toys too. Don't let some newbies get you down! ;)

1/60 is fine. It's not a "complex" toy...no transforming, no additional armor, few extraneous moving parts...

Plus, a 1/60 unit would be less cost prohibitive than the alternative.

My view is that a robot toy or model is only worth buying if it is gigantic. Otherwise, scratchbuild it (if possible). Which explains why I haven't bought a model in a long while, and have stacks of PG Gundams lying around awaiting attention...

Size always allows more detail. And that, to me is the whole point. I think that the people at G-system know what I mean.

—Gregory Scott

My view is that a robot toy or model is only worth buying if it is gigantic. Otherwise, scratchbuild it (if possible). Which explains why I haven't bought a model in a long while, and have stacks of PG Gundams lying around awaiting attention...

Size always allows more detail. And that, to me is the whole point. I think that the people at G-system know what I mean.

—Gregory Scott

Hey you looking to sell any of your PG's if your not building them ;)

Sell my PGs? No... I am planning on building them all once I can get everything straight in other departments. I haven't had the time lately, but I will eventually. I take a ridiculously long time to build things as I am somewhat of a perfectionist, filling gaps, painting, and so on. I need to get my shop set up again... And I was thinking about taking some metal working classes so I can get more use out of my mini lathe, which is something I haven't used so far. I seriously need to get to it, though, or else the building will never catch up with the buying (even though I haven't bought anything in a long while now, aside from some Gundam FIX Figs).

Sorry. I'm afraid I cannot help you with this.

—Gregory Scott

1/60 without a doubt... I don't see the need for a 1/48 Destroid...

Plus, my main reason would be.... COMPLETE THE 1/60 LINE.... please. Enemy mechs and all! :blink:

1/60 - To complete the line: VF-1s, enemy mecha and Destroids. And it'll be much better on my wallet and storage/display space. :mellow:

Well, sorry, but I had to go with the 1/48 choice. I've pretty much decided to abandon the 1/60 line after only buying about four. . . and I'd love to have some destroids to pose with my 1/48 valks.

But, that's the way this works, vote for what you want. . .

Best Regards,

H

Though I love the 1/48 detail... let's face it... 1/48 is way too big for a toy. I still think a 1/60 valk with 1/48 detail and transformation is both doable and realistic. And to have the space to display/store that sized collection would be a valk lover's dream.

:Dat

Definitely 1/60, for the same reasons everyone else has already mentioned (space, mostly, then cost). I might buy a Tomahawk in 1/48 if they made it, since I've always loved that particular destroid for some reason, but there's no way I'd get 'em all in 1/48.

I would've voted for both if it was an option. The 1/60 versions are obviously going to be produced since Yamato is planning a 1/60 Monster. If they decide to release 1/48 versions, the line could come with hinged cockpit hatches, removable pilots, removable panels for internal detail, removable missles and light-up searchlights.

Edit in- 1/48 Monster exempt, that would be like ludicrous speed. :rolleyes:

Edited by mechatek

Well, sorry, but I had to go with the 1/48 choice. I've pretty much decided to abandon the 1/60 line after only buying about four. . . and I'd love to have some destroids to pose with my 1/48 valks.

But, that's the way this works, vote for what you want. . .

Best Regards,

H

Yeah, what he said. Besides that would make cool dioramas with my 1/48s valks. :D I can understand the space issue but I have to even start on these 1/48 line. I cant wait for low vis number to get to my doorstep. B)