Roy Focker is a 7'1" tall?

grss1982

Hi guys,

just was browsing to the net about macross stuff and encountered this in on of the sites:

http://www.absoluteanime.com/robotech/fokker.htm

apparently according to his stats roy focker is 7'1" tall!!! :huh: isnt that as tall as SHAQ? :blink:

Anyway i could'nt even imagine somebody that tall ebing stuffed into a valk. tallest i remembered to fit in valk was guld goa bowman, who on the compendium is listed at 6'7".

BTW, what i really wanted to ask is: IS this for real or is it just a clerical error? :unsure:

it's real, we had discussed it recently in another thread. The CM figures are to scale, amazingly enough... :blink:

We also discussed in the toy section, I've been wanting to sculpt heads for 1/6th scale figures but there's no bodies that would accomodate Roy and Kakizaki to scale up with Max and Hikaru. :(

Wow, he grew like... a foot in a several of years from Zero to SDF. :blink:

Yes. A tragic test-flight accident left him crippled, so they gave him new cybernetic legs. And he demanded they add a foot to his height.

</total_bs>

Well according to my copy of TIA #11 DYRL Roy's official height is 216 cm which I believe tranlates to 96 inches or 8 feet! look for yourselves.

post-2-1112890726_thumb.jpg

Yes. A tragic test-flight accident left him crippled, so they gave him new cybernetic legs. And he demanded they add a foot to his height.

</total_bs>

Nah Valks don't use shielding for the prototype thermal nuclear engines and he became a mutant, the hair is realy a simular life form to gubaba.

</total_bs>

So he is really sort of like Inspector Gadget?

why does that scare me

because it'll be visiting you in your dreams tonight....

7 days...

now to totally derail this one,,,

that reminds me, rented the Ring when it came out,,,, watched the part that tells you not to watch with my wife much to her dismay,,,,went straight into the bathroom and called the house from the cell phone, she wouldnt answer it she was just sceaming for me,,,, good stuff and yes, I will have nightmares tonite

group_shot1.jpg

That character chart and their height numbers are all kinds of messed up. It lists Grobal as being taller than Claudia (who only measures in at 5' 9" by the numbers), but looks significantly shorter here even with his cap. And Roy is simply not 7' 1" in that guide chart, and isn't drawn that way most of the time. He looks about 6' 8" to 6'9" (sans hair).

Then again, it could just be that Claudia's massively out of scale. It appears that they used Hikaru's hair as the marker for his 5' 8", and scaled her from there, while everyone else compares correctly to him without hair. Roy's own hair seems to be included as part of the measurement according to the drawing.

Conclusion: Claudia's silly huge in that sheet, being drawn as 6' 5" O_o. And Roy's 7' 1" only including his massive do, maybe 6'7-6'9 tops. Or he's still drawn too short, as tall as he is.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

that reminds me, rented the Ring when it came out,,,, watched the part that tells you not to watch with my wife much to her dismay,,,,went straight into the bathroom and called the house from the cell phone, she wouldnt answer it she was just sceaming for me,,,, good stuff and yes, I will have nightmares tonite

Wow...you're a real prick.

I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Conclusion: Claudia's silly huge in that sheet, being drawn as 6' 5" O_o. And Roy's 7' 1" only including his massive do, maybe 6'7-6'9 tops. Or he's still drawn too short, as tall as he is

Claudia would certainly be wearing heels, as would most the women, so all of their heights are off by about 3". If the tiny girls I work with are any indication, some of these girls might be cheating by more than that.

Claudia would certainly be wearing heels, as would most the women, so all of their heights are off by about 3".  If the tiny girls I work with are any indication, some of these girls might be cheating by more than that.

Those would be 8 inch heels, mang! She's listed as 5' 9"!. She wouldn't be able to reach that height even by tiptoeing as high as she could. If that drawing's accurate, the other girls need to shop where she does then.

Edit: Wait. Just realized my mistake. 5.97 feet is not 5' 9" or even 5' 10". She's close to 6 feet tall. So the drawing does look close to right-- she's slightly taller than Max, due the heels.

-Al

Edited by Sundown

it's real, we had discussed it recently in another thread. The CM figures are to scale, amazingly enough... :blink:

We also discussed in the toy section, I've been wanting to sculpt heads for 1/6th scale figures but there's no bodies that would accomodate Roy and Kakizaki to scale up with Max and Hikaru. :(

When i first compared Hikaru to Roy I too thought it was off. It looked like a father and his 13 year old son (scale wise)