Will you buy the liquid stone yf-19 toy?

Ido

Will you buy the liquid stone YF-19 If yamato will mass produce it?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the liquid stone YF-19 If yamato will mass produce it?

• SURE!
    • Of course, just don't make it any worse!
    • Maybe, if it will be improved.
    • No, I'll wait for the 1/48 version!!!
    • I don't know
    • No, I don't like it.
    • I prefer the current yamato YF-19, it's so nice in every mode.
    • I don't like the yf-19 so i will not buy it.
    • I want Basara's VF-19 Kai!
    • I buy only robotech masterpieces, they are so sturdy.

i would definetly buy this if they make it, i so want one of these. a VF-11 would also rock B))

I voted no, I will wait for it in 1/48.

I know all about the 1/100 YF-19 isn't as small as you think argument, but I don't care. The 19 looks like crap in 1/72 mode (at least the Yamato toy does) and I won't buy any version of it that is less than 1/48.

The Liquid Stone YF-19 has always looked incredibly fragile and floppy to me, however if it's also perfect variable and Yamato isn't releasing anything else I'd probably snatch one up. If nothing else, it would look nice next to my 1/100 VF-19S and my 1/100 Konig Monster.

I know all about the 1/100 YF-19 isn't as small as you think argument, but I don't care. The 19 looks like crap in 1/72 mode (at least the Yamato toy does) and I won't buy any version of it that is less than 1/48.

I am with Mechamaniac. I want a 1/48 version.

I know all about the 1/100 YF-19 isn't as small as you think argument, but I don't care.  The 19 looks like crap in 1/72 mode (at least the Yamato toy does) and I won't buy any version of it that is less than 1/48.

ditto here.

i'm hoping that theres some new AND better mac+ toys on the horizon but i ain't holding my breath.

yamato releases weren't up to par with the rest of the VF's, even the 1/60's are better than the 1/72's. its pretty much why i don't own any mac+ valks any more.

Hmmm.. One more vote for 1/48th here, I want something big enough for detail on the same level as the VF-1. The hinges just have to be too big proportionately to hold something this small together, and the joints either tend to get too thick and ugly, or too fragile. For 1/100, we're literally talking about .18 meters.. that's around 7 inches. Sorry, I really prefer a plane that's longer than my handspan. :p Now, if Yamato resizes the design to 1/72, I'd gladly get one, since it'll likely be the biggest thing we're gonna get. But I'm still going to work toward making my own 1/48th one day... I just need access to one of those rapid prototyping machines. :D

Now, that's not to imply that the LS -19 is ugly, far from it. They did a great job modeling it. But I don't think I'd pay more than about $30-$40 for one. I could probably build a custom Hasegawa kit for much less, and it'd be bigger.

IF thye up the scale to at least 1/60 then yea I would buy. 1/100 is too small and 1/72 is really pushing it. 1/48 would maybe be too big(as noel has discussed before in another thread on this), and 1/60 gives them enough room to work with being that it would have bigger pieces and room for parts integration.

Not to mention it would fit with the 1/60 VF-1 line, which was a lot more popular than yuammies earlier 1/72 macross plus series(which in the face of the 1/60 and 1/48 VF-1 line, can be deemed forgettable).

I voted a straight no. 1/100 scale? Some people may drool over it cause it's new and stuff, but it's not really a big thing. Now, make it in 1/48, 1/55, 1/65, and in a perfect variable type, and you have something.

If Yamato were to mass-produce an ABS version of the Liquid Stone 1/100 scale YF-19 and release it for a reasonable price, say around ¥5,000 I would be on it in a flash and would buy at least half a dozen.

I'd settle for the current design without improvements, but would be happier if they could modify it to allow the gunpod to attach in fighter mode.

I seriously doubt it will happen though. I think at this stage that there is more chance of another company picking up the Mac Plus license from BW, rather than Yamato revisiting the Mac Plus toys.

Graham

I would jump on the LS one at 1/100 scale if it was prodcued to toy durability standards. I kow you guys all want 1/48 ones, but thjat just isnt all that appealing to me bc/ of the size and storage issues IMO... a huge detailed one would be cool to drool at, but I play with my Valks every now and then so I would much rather a really durable LS figure with gunpod in fighter mode ableness to actually play with. For under 50 bucks at that scale, I don;t think you could really go wrong. I personally love the 1/72 scale one and wish a less floppy and better hip posbale model was released, with or without FP bits.

Well it seems that 80% of the pollers want a new yf-19 :) Good!

I know all about the 1/100 YF-19 isn't as small as you think argument, but I don't care.  The 19 looks like crap in 1/72 mode (at least the Yamato toy does) and I won't buy any version of it that is less than 1/48.

Ditto on the 1/48th thing. I need a bigger place anyway ;)

Besides......if they make a 1/48 YF-19, can a 1/48 YF-21 be far behind?

Since I don't own any of the original yamato yf19 releases I would get it. I would still want a bigger size if it wasn't a problem though.

I think 1/65 would be ok because this would compete against the bandai mac 7 toys in scale. I want something strong like the bandai stuff, yet detailed and poseable enough to look good for display. If it is durable and strong you will appeal to both young kids and adult toy collectors. (People will want to be able to pick this thing up and handle a lot)

Smaller stuff is great but I fear something will break if transformed too much. And I don't care too much for diecast for its heaviness when trying to pose it in various positions in battroid.

I do think that 1/48 would be a bit too large for an 'ultimate detail' YF-19 toy, where as 1/72 scale is a little too small to get the necessary level of detail. Personally, I think either 1/55 or 1/65 scale would be a good compromise.

I'd still definitely be up for a low-cost toy version of the LS YF-19 in 1/100 scale though.

Graham

Simple answer: No.

Long answer: The battroid mode is awful, simple aspects such as the backpack and groin have as much detail as a GoBot. No gunpod in fighter mode is also unacceptable by today's toy standards.

As for the scale, most of us agree that 1/100 is way too small. Now, as much as I'd love to have a 1/48 YF-19, I doubt Yamato likes us that much. So how about a 1/60 YF-19? I think it's a perfect compromise of the two scales.

Two wonderfests ago, when I asked a Yamato rep if they would be making a new sculpt for the YF-19FP, I was told "if we did that, we would have to redo the VF-11 and YF-21" So doing a 1/60 scale would be highly unlikely. If they do it would probably be 1/72 like before. Given how their 1/100 VF-0 is progressing I give the YF-19 1/100 even a lower chance.

Two wonderfests ago, when I asked a Yamato rep if they would be making a new sculpt for the YF-19FP, I was told "if we did that, we would have to redo the VF-11 and YF-21" So doing a 1/60 scale would be highly unlikely. If they do it would probably be 1/72 like before. Given how their 1/100 VF-0 is progressing I give the YF-19 1/100 even a lower chance.

If this is the problem they can just sell it as a vf-19A, they already made a 1/100 VFX-2 mech and have the license.

If this is the problem they can just sell it as a vf-19A, they already made a 1/100 VFX-2 mech and have the license.

That is a possibility. Although I dont know how far back they got the VFX-2 licence, as I understand it the licences only last for a couple years, and are very specific as to scale and other details.

Hey I wouldn't mind if there was an all new sculpt VF-11 and YF-21!!! the previous ones sure could use some retooling!!!!

But whether tha majority of our japanese brethren would want the same is the question...

Howard is macross still in mucho saturation in toy stores there?

I said "I don't know." Truthfully, I would probably get one, just depends on the price and the quality. If it costs $100 and the legs break off out of the box (see VF-11 version 1), I probably won't get one. After all, it was my search for a good YF-19 toy that led me to Macross World about four years ago.

The VF-1 are most certainly saturated. You can still find Banprestos, Bandai 1/55, Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 sitting on shelves gathering dust. Only the very high demand ones like the Low Vis, and VF-1A/S Hikaru are sold out. The VF-1S Roy that everyone was demanding a re-release of is easily found.

The M+ stuff is pretty much gone though. Only a couple VF-11FP remain. None really flew off the shelves to start with though, it was more of a slow and steady sale volume.

The VF-1 are most certainly saturated. You can still find Banprestos, Bandai 1/55, Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 sitting on shelves gathering dust. Only the very high demand ones like the Low Vis, and VF-1A/S Hikaru are sold out. The VF-1S Roy that everyone was demanding a re-release of is easily found.

The M+ stuff is pretty much gone though. Only a couple VF-11FP remain. None really flew off the shelves to start with though, it was more of a slow and steady sale volume.

Howard is it like that all over japan or just the area you are located in? A lot of fans here keep saying "oh yamato's being ignorant oh yamato hates us oh they neglect us now after making money bla bla", so thats why I asked. From what you said, I gather stuff is not exactly flying off shelves.

With that in mind, I can understand yamato scaling back releases. I mean if the market is saturated, the japanese fandom might want a breath of fresh air rather than buy new macross stuff. Who is to say it would sell? To US hell yea it would, but see guys our fandom on macross world, as big as it may seem, is small compared to the whole fandom in japan. And plus they are the target market, not us.

Besides with market saturation there is not really a good chance to make mucho profit. Yamato is a small company why would they risk it? I mean I of all people was DESPERATE for a PV VF-0(you guys reember my polls? LOL), and I would love to see all new retools of all 3 macross plus toys, but realistically speaking, if yamato chooses not to for the time being, I don't blame them. I understand why. Doesn't stop me from wanting the "paper airplanes" but hell thats the way it is. No sense in blaming them for not making stuff we want.

IF they've still got the licenses they procured to begin with, perhaps all this other merchandise non macross is to make profit until saturation wears off(1-2 years?) and then create another resurgence in macross product, considering if a market drought happens inevitably during the time no macross product is released. Don't get me wrong guys, I WANT yamato or hell even bandai to make more stuff, but if they do not I definitely understand. And I understand how a lot of you want the same, it has been a while since a company did good macross stuff, and bandai's lazy ass took too long!