Will you buy the liquid stone yf-19 toy?

Ido

Will you buy the liquid stone YF-19 If yamato will mass produce it?  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Will you buy the liquid stone YF-19 If yamato will mass produce it?

• SURE!
    • Of course, just don't make it any worse!
    • Maybe, if it will be improved.
    • No, I'll wait for the 1/48 version!!!
    • I don't know
    • No, I don't like it.
    • I prefer the current yamato YF-19, it's so nice in every mode.
    • I don't like the yf-19 so i will not buy it.
    • I want Basara's VF-19 Kai!
    • I buy only robotech masterpieces, they are so sturdy.

Two wonderfests ago, when I asked a Yamato rep if they would be making a new sculpt for the YF-19FP, I was told "if we did that, we would have to redo the VF-11 and YF-21" So doing a 1/60 scale would be highly unlikely. If they do it would probably be 1/72 like before. Given how their 1/100 VF-0 is progressing I give the YF-19 1/100 even a lower chance.

If it looks like 1/72 scale yf19 with FP, I would buy that too. Just give some dates to build up anticipation :D

It all rests on Keonig monster sales I bet. "Buy the koenig to get the yf19fp. Evil Harmony Gold agents have taken over and secretly runs the company in now..mwaha ha ha"

Edited by 1/1 LowViz Lurker

To the two people, whomever you are that voted: -

I prefer the current yamato yf-19, it's so nice in every mode.

Go watch Macross Plus again, then go study the YF-19 lineart in detail and then compare the Yamato toy to both the anime and the lineart. If you still think the Yamato toy looks nice, may I respectfully suggest getting your eyesight tested :p:p:p

To Ido, who created the poll and added this choice: -

I want Basara's vf-19C!

Please note that there is no such thing as a 'VF-19C'. Basara's Valkyrie is called either VF-19 Custom, VF-19 Kai or VF-19 Fire Valkyrie.

The only other officially recognized variants of the 19 are: YF-19, VF-19A, VF-19F, VF-19S & VF-19P.

Graham

LOL good one graham!

Me here are my complaints.

1-addtion of landing gear makes the sculpt ugly in order to make enough room for landing gear. With swap gear this can be eliminated and the plane can be a LOT sleeker! not to mention legs more in proportion.

2-Wings are not "straight". Should not be angled down at the sides what the hell?

3-TOO much metal. Geezus. Some parts on this seriously did not have to be metal. The wing mounts for example.

4-Thick tabs on Wing mounts that do not synch with their entrance sections well.

5-landing gear too short(again fixable with swap gear).

I could go on, but I will say this. Aesthetically it BLOWS the bandai 1/65 macross 7 valkyries away!! Perhaps this is the main reason a lot of people eagerly anticipated this toys release when first announced in 1999.

Go watch Macross Plus again, then go study the YF-19 lineart in detail and then compare the Yamato toy to both the anime and the lineart. If you still think the Yamato toy looks nice, may I respectfully suggest getting your eyesight tested :p:p:p

LOL.. this is so true.. .I showed a friend of mine the YF-19 online once.. the first thing he said was along the lines of "someone get that goose some x-lax."

It was just really fat in fighter mode, and the hideous bolts sticking out of the wing mounts kinda ruined that part.... just all around fugly.

I agree that a 1/48th would be huge compared to the VF-1, there's no arguing against that. But, really, that's what I have the most of. I build a lot of 1/48th models, and I'd love to put a YF-19 up next to them, right next to my row of F-14s. The 1/48th is big, but not too big. It's around the same length as a Tomcat, and I've got bunches of those.

Also, the main reason I'd go for a 1/48th is the mechanical aspect.. there is only so much you can cram into a 1/72 plane, let alone a 1/100, without making it look fat and unwieldly. The pieces have to be bigger to support the structure. If the YF-19 were made in 1/48th, the interior structure could be more efficiently designed, and take up much less room, while still giving the same strength. It's the same problem I run into with Legos.. the mechanisms I try to build work perfectly.. but they don't fit in the shell of what they're made for. Imagine if a YF-19 had a metal framework that all the pieces attached to and rotated around, while locking into place on it when needed. In 1/48th, this frame could be very small portion of the airplane's volume, and still give it adequate strength. Then, you might be able to get accurate appearances by modeling the actual plane around this frame.

They managed to make an aerodynamically sound (roughly) VF-1.. I want a YF-19 that's the same way.

LOL

Please note that there is no such thing as a 'VF-19C'. Basara's Valkyrie is called either VF-19 Custom, VF-19 Kai or VF-19 Fire Valkyrie.

The only other officially recognized variants of the 19 are: YF-19, VF-19A, VF-19F, VF-19S & VF-19P.

Graham

I readed it somewhere... I dont' remmber where, the "C" should stand for "Custom", but i guess you are right, you can change it in vf-19 kai with your admin's super-powers anyways :p

Ya know the main reason it looks so damn fat in the toy is because billy wong had to sculpt retractable landing gear hinges and have enough space for the mechanism to actually work. We all know its still ugly as sin, those gears suck. The gear on the bandai fire valk MODEL is cool though. lol. Ya know what? The reason the damn vertical stabilizers were small as heck on the VF-11B was due to the fact that yamato wanted retracting gear on it too!! ANd there wasnt enough space for a bigger fin to slide in!!UGH!!

Once again I preach to yamato, if it makes it a better toy, make SWAP GEAR!!!! Make room for perfect variable mechanisms and hinges and better proportions, not for gear.

Since we all know it was based on the SHE kit... what I wanna know is how did it go from this to that!?!? UGH!!! :wacko:

The wings on the SHE is even folded over in that picture or else itll look even slimmer! :o

Hehehe... :lol:

Edited by AlphaHX

Anyways, back to topic...

My only gripe with the liquid stone is the battroid mode. The battroid mode just looks... wrong. I must say tho... the fighter mode is DAMN good looking. Its pretty much rivaling the Hasegawa model in terms of accuracy imo.

So far my favorite transformable YF-19 is the kitbashed Hasegawa in Model Graphix.

Anyways, back to topic...

My only gripe with the liquid stone is the battroid mode. The battroid mode just looks... wrong. I must say tho... the fighter mode is DAMN good looking. Its pretty much rivaling the Hasegawa model in terms of accuracy imo.

So far my favorite transformable YF-19 is the kitbashed Hasegawa in Model Graphix.

Well is hard make a sleek fighter tranform in a fat battroid.... SHE found some good compromises, I think the She kit with a resculped canopy and intakes will be at the same level with the 1/48 vf-1 compromises.

Anyways I like the LS Sleek battroid even if the torso and backpack are wrond it is accetable in a 1/100 toy, it has a very nice gunpod and head with clear visor too.

SHE is definitely one of the my favorites...

They found some good compromises... and on top of that, they designed a leg that folds away so it could look skinnier in figher mode but fatter in battroid mode. Genius idea imo.

So there is a way to make a skinny figher and fat battroid. Its probably just difficult to make a toy that does this in 1/72 scale. Plus... that requires a lot of movable parts. If only Yamato would make it in 1/48...

Edited by AlphaHX

Alphax: Thanks for those pics.

Wow, I didn't know all the details about SHE kits.

Looking at the comparisons just make me realizes what Yamato YF-19 really looks like :blink:

Sad to see this, but I still have to give props to Yamato to release this toy in the first place. The only thing I am hoping for is Yamato releasing the YF-19 in a bigger scale and in the most perfected transformation process :)

The funny thing is that the most obvious similarity about the yamato and SHE kit are the SHE wrong nosecone, canopy and these too big and completely wrong intakes/legs. They changed what was great and kept what was ugly...

The funny thing is that the most obvious similarity about the yamato and SHE kit are the SHE wrong nosecone, canopy and these too big and completely wrong intakes/legs. They changed what was great and kept what was ugly...

I dont mind the canopy on the SHE kit. It actually looks pretty close to the lineart. The nose... yeah... quite off but I'm assuming thats one of the compromises made for the battroid. The LS nose looks too sharp. The more I look at certain things about the LS kit the more off it seems. :(

The front fin thing looks off compared to the lineart and the top thruster "feet" part looks upside down. :huh:

I liked it so much in fighter mode too. I just never took a close look at it. Oh well... it isnt like I couldve gotten my hands on one anyways. :p

Was the YF-19 SHE a model or a resin kit ?

Resin kits are model kits. It just uses resin instead of injection plastic. But to answer ur question, its a resin kit.

A comparison pic to show what I'm talking about...

Edited by AlphaHX

Was the YF-19 SHE a model or a resin kit ?

Resin kits are model kits. It just uses resin instead of injection plastic. But to answer ur question, its a resin kit.

Thanx. Don`t you think guy we all dreaming for a near prefect YF-19 toy but in the end it will never happen cuz the major toy companies lost interest in the franchise.

Get as many of your friends to convert to the valk cult.

The more worshippers, the more money donated to the cause.

The more money, the increased chance of seeing it happen.

If everyone did that, the pyramid would get finished due to the strong foundations set by the few.

Watch Conan: The villain who formed that snake cult realised not even his own power was enough to make him king so he turned to hypnotising the masses into submission. All macrossworld members go out and do your "great work". Bring in more followers to end this suffering lest you all die of old age before we can witness the sacred return of the valkyie king,: God of the sky

I'm sure the 1/48 yf19fp is calling out to you all trying to make its appearance, but the followers are few and the religion is fading away, the legend of the bird with the power of transmutation being forgotten in time as people turn to worship other gods.

you guys do realize that if they spend tons of money hiring sculptors and scheduling and trying to find kawamori for approval visits over and over again and a lot of money producing a good amount of something that might not sell in japan's product climate yet, that yamato might go bankrupt and cease to exist? Come on guys they flooded the market, why would they flood it again when all their stuff is still sitting on shelves? I want a PV VF-0 and YF-19FP 1/48 just as much as all of you but come on now, they can't do everything, especially if they know they will not get enough profit back. Or make enough. Whichever.

Howard is macross still in mucho saturation in toy stores there?

The VF-1 are most certainly saturated. You can still find Banprestos, Bandai 1/55, Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 sitting on shelves gathering dust. Only the very high demand ones like the Low Vis, and VF-1A/S Hikaru are sold out. The VF-1S Roy that everyone was demanding a re-release of is easily found.

The M+ stuff is pretty much gone though. Only a couple VF-11FP remain. None really flew off the shelves to start with though, it was more of a slow and steady sale volume.

Howard is it like that all over japan or just the area you are located in? A lot of fans here keep saying "oh yamato's being ignorant oh yamato hates us oh they neglect us now after making money bla bla", so thats why I asked. From what you said, I gather stuff is not exactly flying off shelves.

With that in mind, I can understand yamato scaling back releases. I mean if the market is saturated, the japanese fandom might want a breath of fresh air rather than buy new macross stuff. Who is to say it would sell? To US hell yea it would, but see guys our fandom on macross world, as big as it may seem, is small compared to the whole fandom in japan. And plus they are the target market, not us.

Besides with market saturation there is not really a good chance to make mucho profit. Yamato is a small company why would they risk it? I mean I of all people was DESPERATE for a PV VF-0(you guys reember my polls? LOL), and I would love to see all new retools of all 3 macross plus toys, but realistically speaking, if yamato chooses not to for the time being, I don't blame them. I understand why. Doesn't stop me from wanting the "paper airplanes" but hell thats the way it is. No sense in blaming them for not making stuff we want.

IF they've still got the licenses they procured to begin with, perhaps all this other merchandise non macross is to make profit until saturation wears off(1-2 years?) and then create another resurgence in macross product, considering if a market drought happens inevitably during the time no macross product is released. Don't get me wrong guys, I WANT yamato or hell even bandai to make more stuff, but if they do not I definitely understand. And I understand how a lot of you want the same, it has been a while since a company did good macross stuff, and bandai's lazy ass took too long!

I can speak for the current Macross saturation in the Kansai area, Kyoto, Kobe and Osaka.

I used to live in Yokosuka so I am familiar with the toy market near Tokyo. I would speculate that the retail market there has fewer Macross toys in stock, but the secondary resale market has more.

For more remote areas with less gaijin and fanboy population I would speculate that they have more in stock. Those are the places I have been searching to find Low Vis. And it has worked.

Howard is macross still in mucho saturation in toy stores there?

The VF-1 are most certainly saturated. You can still find Banprestos, Bandai 1/55, Yamato 1/60 and 1/48 sitting on shelves gathering dust. Only the very high demand ones like the Low Vis, and VF-1A/S Hikaru are sold out. The VF-1S Roy that everyone was demanding a re-release of is easily found.

The M+ stuff is pretty much gone though. Only a couple VF-11FP remain. None really flew off the shelves to start with though, it was more of a slow and steady sale volume.

Howard is it like that all over japan or just the area you are located in? A lot of fans here keep saying "oh yamato's being ignorant oh yamato hates us oh they neglect us now after making money bla bla", so thats why I asked. From what you said, I gather stuff is not exactly flying off shelves.

With that in mind, I can understand yamato scaling back releases. I mean if the market is saturated, the japanese fandom might want a breath of fresh air rather than buy new macross stuff. Who is to say it would sell? To US hell yea it would, but see guys our fandom on macross world, as big as it may seem, is small compared to the whole fandom in japan. And plus they are the target market, not us.

Besides with market saturation there is not really a good chance to make mucho profit. Yamato is a small company why would they risk it? I mean I of all people was DESPERATE for a PV VF-0(you guys reember my polls? LOL), and I would love to see all new retools of all 3 macross plus toys, but realistically speaking, if yamato chooses not to for the time being, I don't blame them. I understand why. Doesn't stop me from wanting the "paper airplanes" but hell thats the way it is. No sense in blaming them for not making stuff we want.

IF they've still got the licenses they procured to begin with, perhaps all this other merchandise non macross is to make profit until saturation wears off(1-2 years?) and then create another resurgence in macross product, considering if a market drought happens inevitably during the time no macross product is released. Don't get me wrong guys, I WANT yamato or hell even bandai to make more stuff, but if they do not I definitely understand. And I understand how a lot of you want the same, it has been a while since a company did good macross stuff, and bandai's lazy ass took too long!

I can speak for the current Macross saturation in the Kansai area, Kyoto, Kobe and Osaka.

I used to live in Yokosuka so I am familiar with the toy market near Tokyo. I would speculate that the retail market there has fewer Macross toys in stock, but the secondary resale market has more.

For more remote areas with less gaijin and fanboy population I would speculate that they have more in stock. Those are the places I have been searching to find Low Vis. And it has worked.

Now I just need you to find me a Low-Viz. :)

:blink:

What the hell kind of poll is this?! :huh:

Duh, yeah! :angry:

Actually I choose "Maybe, if it will be improved".

By the comparision pics, if they incorporated some elements from the SHE (canopy - or make it the whole fuselage from the canard wings right behind the cockpit to the nose, and collapsable legs) and increased the size to 1/60 or 1/55, then I'm all over it like a fat kid on chocolate. :p