It's here...Shadow Chronicles screenshot!

man, it's really tough to judge anything off that darn PSA. At times it looks like it was made using Flash. Eh, maybe it's just a bit choppy 'cause it's on the computer. Scott (and Ariel I suppose) is utterly unrecognizable. I still can recognize the alpha though :)

Who is the big ass chick in Spandex and why is she flying around in the beginning like a US Superhero? Made me think of Phoenix from the X-Men.

I'm sorry, but the dialog and voice acting is cringe-worthy. Yes, I know it's just a cartoon and a ram-it-down-your-throat propaganda announcement to boot, but nobody and I mean nobody actually talks like that.

Nice to see a Legioss though however breifly.

That really looks nothing like Stick.

Graham

Who is the big ass chick in Spandex and why is she flying around in the beginning like a US Superhero? Made me think of Phoenix from the X-Men.

I'm sorry, but the dialog is cringe-worthy. Yes, I know it's just a cartoon and a ram-it-down-your-throat propaganda announcement to boot, but nobody and I mean nobody actually talks like that.

Nice to see a Legioss though however breifly.

That really looks nothing like Stick.

Graham

Tommy Yune on Robotech.com said due to time restrictions they had to use replacement actors. The original cast finished their work in October. BTW, the guy who did Scott/Stick's voice was David Lucas from Cowboy Bebop(Spike). Ariel/Aisha was an Invid simulagent placed into Scott's resistance group. She was originally sent to destroy them from within but suffered amnesia. She fell in love with Scott and once she found out she was an Invid she could change her form into into energy.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Hm says its for the PSP too, wonder how that works.

David's voice in my opinion doesn't fit the role of Scott, hell I never thought the original VA for the character in Robotech worked any better.

But Ariel flying.....very odd....and......why would the UN exist in Robotech?! They should be blown away dammit! Viva the Anti-UN!!!!......oops......*whistles*

But...can we possibly get over the fact the characters look different? Your talking about animation quality of the 80's to the present...course things are going to look different.

Hm says its for the PSP too, wonder how that works.

David's voice in my opinion doesn't fit the role of Scott, hell I never thought the original VA for the character in Robotech worked any better.

But Ariel flying.....very odd....and......why would the UN exist in Robotech?! They should be blown away dammit! Viva the Anti-UN!!!!......oops......*whistles*

But...can we possibly get over the fact the characters look different? Your talking about animation quality of the 80's to the present...course things are going to look different.

But Hikuro, she flew in Symphony of Light. When she led Scott & co. to the Regis. She changed herself into a being of light.

While I think David Lucas is a good voice actor, it really just didn't fit Scott at all. Way to deep and just had the wrong feeling. Now Ariel, did anyone notice that bad editing when she started talking how her mouth wasn't even moving while she was talking when she tired to face Scott. I wasn't sure at first but when I watched it again, she's talking out loud since there is no change in the tone of her voice but he lips aren't moving as they pan away from her.

Also the mecha had this weird look to it. It could be that while having a flat background, looked more like a still painting then anything else. As a result the 3D look to the mecha makes it look so......well ugly in a way fake(as fake as you can get in animation). Not the mecha itself but when you take the entire thing. It's kinda hard to describe to be honest but I know I don't like the merging of the two of what they are doing here.

Also since when does Scott call Ariel, well Ariel. He always calls her Marlene, even after finding out about her in the end I think he still calls her Marlene or refers to her as that.

Edited by Effect

If you don't understand what's wrong, so completely and horrendously wrong, with that statement, I really don't know what to say.

OH MY SWEET LORD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am a Robotech fanboy but this truly looks like $hit man!!!!!!!!! :o:o:o

I sure hope that this crap is just a REALLY rough cut of the final standard for the series. I truly feel a disturbance in the force.

Why Tommy, why!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOu f(%*$*ng promised me man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Somebody pinch me. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Edited by MGREXX

Somebody pinch me. :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(  :(

How about something more severe? More perminant?

Perhaps I could eat your soul.

You'd eat that?

I ate a homeless man's soul once. Gave him 20$ for it. I wrote "My Soul" on a cocktail napkin and had him sign it. Then I ate the napkin and started sadistically laughing. I have never seen a person more horrified.

So if I would eat the soul of some Hobo, I would eat this tard's soul.

Oh I havea soul, grasshopper.

btw, I DO have something that you can eat instead.

AND, don't start bashing Robotech unless you want me to open up the crap that is Macross Zero and MAcross 7. :D:D:D

Ya got it on M7. Its the definition of suck, but I liked MZero.

Ah, he's just mad cuz he won't be able to talk about it in his beloved RT.com forum... that's why he has to insult Tommy here. If he could post there, he'd be sucking up big time... he'd have his lips so far up Tommy butt, Tommy will look like he had two pairs of lips.

AND, don't start bashing Robotech unless you want me to open up the crap that is Macross Zero and MAcross 7. :D:D:D

Robotech fans have no business calling anything crap, let alone Macross 7.

AND, don't start bashing Robotech unless you want me to open up the crap that is Macross Zero and MAcross 7. :D  :D  :D

Don't worry about him Keith, he can't understand anything unless a narrator is explaining everything to him every step of the way. Robotech fans need that much help.

AND, don't start bashing Robotech unless you want me to open up the crap that is Macross Zero and MAcross 7. :D  :D  :D

Don't worry about him Keith, he can't understand anything unless a narrator is explaining everything to him every step of the way. Robotech fans need that much help.

True. But back to the character designs, if Yellow is the rockstar, why is Stick the one doing heroin?

I am not sure about that Graham.  Exo might actually like it.

Anyways, this has to be a rushed clip.

Oh did you think I forgot how you operate... post idiotic messages and suck up to the admin?

Haha... MGREXX, you're so predictable... i can tell you now to just end it. The rest of your life will be a waste like your life has been prior...

Edited by >EXO<

Can we start a new poll forum in which we ask which is worse, Mac7 or Robotech? :) Personally, I'd have a firm vote for Mac7... at least Robotech had the redeeming quality of introducing me to Macross... Mac7 was almost enough of a reason to get me to quit Macross altogether.

First and foremost, Aisha/Ariel can fly in the original series. I think she can even just kinda appear places like some sort of phantasm so, while disjointed here, it's not really anything to have an issue with. Now, her lips not moving when she turns is something else. I think Scott's looks will just have to grow on you, like the look of any new anime character. Still... it looks a little like flash. The mechs look like they're on another layer, that's what gives them that "fake" look someone described earlier (or that was my opinion at least).

A1, I'm going to rip off your eating someone's soul move and not give you credit when I actually do it so I'm giving you credit now.

The characters look like they have been taken out of Eon Flux or however it is spell...

MGREXX, it is please not plese, there is an a there in the middle, begging the lord like that for Robotech is only going to get you squeesh by a giant finger from heaven... :unsure:

Well then. I guess I break that law every third or fourth post I make on the Internet then.

I agree with Gui. I mean, the animation, while noticibly jerky, isn't too terrible and seems to be well drawn. The lighting effects and CG mecha didn't seem to offensive, if a bit out of place in the case of the latter. The characters seemed well drawn.

My only gripes remain the designs themselves, specifically the skintight spandex uniforms that would seem to be more at home worn by an american comic book superhero. Also, Ariel only seemed to fly in the tv series under a couple very specific circumstances, unless I'm misremembering? I hope they don't plan to have her just flying around at will now. Of course, that would make the spandex seem to make more sense, now wouldn't it?

Can we start a new poll forum in which we ask which is worse, Mac7 or Robotech? :) Personally, I'd have a firm vote for Mac7... at least Robotech had the redeeming quality of introducing me to Macross... Mac7 was almost enough of a reason to get me to quit Macross altogether.

No, do you know how many times we've done that already? Conclusion is, both are a little gay. Teh End!

Anyways, it does look like a cut-up job, but I don't think it is meant to, Ariel's mouth moves slightly, just is hard to see. I think it was maybe edited for time.

But I do now have hope for the new RT series. Although spankex should have never been invented, I like the quality of the images. I think it's too short of a piece to see how fluid they'll make the new show.

That, and I sooooo hope David Lucas ain't doing the voice-work in this, Scott or anyone. Yes, he did good with Spike, but I've heard him so many times I can't stand it. This voice he uses for CB+Big O+.hack is getting lame, and he kind of sounded like a pedofile in the .hack games. :(

Although I hope they bring back some of the original people, like the guy who did Khyron and Scott, and the guy who did Roy, they had good range, and now Mark Hamill? Then it might not be so bad.

I don't see though, why anyone is really that suprised they could get Hamill, I mean I've heard him on History Channel specials before, this kind of stuff is how he survives now.

Wes is right; her lips are moving. You can tell because her jaw was still moving from the back view. Alright, the PSA is a little syrupy sweet(like Tekkaman Blade 2 sweet, which I love). The PSA is a good prelim for the OVA.

Edited by terry the lone wolf

Obviously the "United Nations" in the Robotech universe has no relation to the corrupt globalist organization that we live with here in the real world. I'm not sure if it's ironic that Harmony Gold would back the UN, or if it makes sense in some dark, disturbing way. In either case, this ad is nothing but propaganda for the naive.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise, alot of California wanna be hollywood production groups like Harmony Gold think the UN are the true good guys when in many ways the UN just cowars in fear of the true super power........AGENT ONE!!!!! Eating Souls and polishing Door Knobs since the fall of Babylon.

While I sit here, watching that PSA over and over again trying to let it soak in, I drink my orange Carrot flavored Sobe but somehow cringe, and its not the Sobe....well maybe a little bit.

The 3D animation has to much ameature-ish look to it. I mean dayam this is Dr.Movie we're talking about, Yukikaze...it looks like their work, but its too simplistic.