They do......"from a certain point of view." ;) Another awesome episode.

All I can say about this amazing series is: 30 minutes per week and 22 episodes per season is too short and how ever many seasons there will be will not be long enough.

Edited by GRAND CANNON

<I realize this is just Part 1 of a longer story. So if the story unfolds in a different way, then my comments below may become moot.>

Understand, I was totally digging this episode. I thought all the nice little character moments were spot on. The cameos were brilliant. And I had an excitement watching the episode, waiting to see what happened next.

However, I HATED that last bit with. . ."Father" Force-wielder.

Let me get this straight: these suckers tricked Anakin, Obi, and Ahsoka into coming into their place, manipulated Anakin by showing him an image of his mother, told him to abandon his wife, put the lives of his Padawan and his old Master at risk. And now this frakker is telling him to abandon the Order, abandon the Republic (while it's in the MIDDLE OF A WAR), and just babysit his too-powerful-for-their-own-good children for all of eternity.

I'm surprised Anakin didn't tell him to f*ck off!!

Considering how powerful these Force-wielders are supposed to be and seeing how they're supposed to be so beyond Jedi and Sith, I found Father's whole "Don't be so selfish, Anakin" speech to be rather hypocritical. Seeing how above it all these Force-wielders are supposed to be, I found Father's arguments to be a little too self-centered and petty for my tastes.

I'd rather Father had made his offer in a rather calm AND ambivalent manner. Have him explain (rather cryptically) the Chosen One's destiny (the whole balance, too much light, too much darkness kinda stuff). Have the Father clarify that he was trying to give Anakin an alternative choice.

I'd rather the Father had made his offer, and then quietly accepted Anakin's decision, as if the Father knows that there's no way he could have changed Anakin's path from becoming becoming Darth Vader.

I think an ending along that line would have been much better than the "I'm dying! Please keep my kids in check! Don't be selfish! If you don't do this, you'll screw over the entire galaxy!" ending we got.

Just my 2 cents.

Edited to remove spoiler tags.

Edited by Mog

Wow,I loved this episode,one of the Best yet IMO.

Really fleshing out the Prophecy having such powerful force users,loved seeing Ahsoka's vision of her older self and Qui-gon. Also was awesome to see Anakin show his real potential and power when tapped into such a supply of the living force. great stuff,Mortis is shaping up to be one of the best trilogies yet,very interesting stuff. :D

I doubt any of what's been seen so far is going to be so cut & dry as what it appears. The notion that Anakin has

corrupted Asoka

is freakin' awesome though. The probability that

she'll intentionally sacrifice herself at some point, rather than going over to the darkside

has definately risen.

They do......"from a certain point of view." ;) Another awesome episode.

All I can say about this amazing series is: 30 minutes per week and 22 episodes per season is too short and how ever many seasons there will be will not be long enough.

That's the beauty of this.

My wife and I were talking about the Clone Wars story arc, and whose to say this has to end at the point where Episode three beings?

It would be interesting to see the story move forward at that point. Maybe beyond episode three.

I think it would be great to get a series devoted to Darth Vader, or Rex and the 501st hunt down and destroy renegade Jedi Knights. The stories are endless.

I know Lucas was talking about doing a Live Action TV show about smugglers that took place between Episodes 3 and 4.

So, even if the Clone Wars ends at Episode three (which I hope it does not) we'll still get some Star Wars TV to fill our addiction!

My wife and I were talking about the Clone Wars story arc, and whose to say this has to end at the point where Episode three beings?

It would be interesting to see the story move forward at that point. Maybe beyond episode three.

I think it would be great to get a series devoted to Darth Vader, or Rex and the 501st hunt down and destroy renegade Jedi Knights. The stories are endless.

I know Lucas was talking about doing a Live Action TV show about smugglers that took place between Episodes 3 and 4.

So, even if the Clone Wars ends at Episode three (which I hope it does not) we'll still get some Star Wars TV to fill our addiction!

Yes, the possibilities of going deeper into the tons of side-stories during an epic conflict "of this magnitude" ;) is endless, indeed.

I'd also actually prefer the CW-animated style, if actually created, as opposed to a live action series. Just think a L-A series would come under too much criticism and expectations which may then cause the series to possibly falter. Guess you could use BSG as an example of how L-A could work, but I think we are all aware, the BSG universe IS NOT the SW universe.

The whole "Force Wielder's" concept could very well point to where Lucas would take the story if he does plan on going post ep6. The main problem all that fanficted universe novels & comics has, is that it relies to heavily on retread. Jedi this/Sith that, reborn sith/jedi threat, etc. A true balance to the force wouldn't have a distinction between the two any more. Both Luke & Anakin tiptoed the line between the two sides, having attributes of both. Any new threat would assumedly do the same.

Also, this episode reminded me a bit of Beast Wars.

I rather see a few movies about the Old Republic. The 2 trailers for the game is awesome.

The whole "Force Wielder's" concept could very well point to where Lucas would take the story if he does plan on going post ep6. The main problem all that fanficted universe novels & comics has, is that it relies to heavily on retread. Jedi this/Sith that, reborn sith/jedi threat, etc. A true balance to the force wouldn't have a distinction between the two any more. Both Luke & Anakin tiptoed the line between the two sides, having attributes of both. Any new threat would assumedly do the same.

Also, this episode reminded me a bit of Beast Wars.

I think new movies of Yuuzhan Vong would be awesome. Beings beyond the known Star Wars Galaxy, unknown to all and unaffected by Force Attacks that literally decimate the Star Wars star systems. I hope the clone wars will dare to touch on them

For that matter, why not just clone Anakin & implant his memores, and forgo the whole cyborg Vader thing. Same goes for Grievus. It's why games like Force Unleased are non-canon, we don't know that cloning & memory transfer works that way in SW.

Eh? TFU and TFU2 are "C-Canon," which is still 'canon.' Below the movies (and tv series like the Clone Wars). At the same level is the Zahn books, which had an unstable clone of a Jedi Master (originally Zahn wanted it to be Obi-wan, but LFL nixed that just like they didn't allow Zahn to call the Nogrhi the Sith - remember at the time, noone knew what 'Sith' were... despite the name had been used since 77 in the merchandising and novelizations, etc it was just a title Vader had).

well in TFU2 you saw how many clones of starkiller were rejects,too many,old palp's probably didnt want to waste the resources and just gave him a suit. OR in that era,the cloning of a jedi was unheard of and never even attempted let alone thought of. it was only done by Vader in a experiment to see if he could do it.

Edited by Vepariga

I think new movies of Yuuzhan Vong would be awesome. Beings beyond the known Star Wars Galaxy, unknown to all and unaffected by Force Attacks that literally decimate the Star Wars star systems. I hope the clone wars will dare to touch on them

The Vong would be an amazing way to go post ROTJ...you'll have all of the next generation characters playing key roles throughout that war. Although for those who are not Star Wars readers will more then likely not like the fact that the New Republic is being invaded by aliens that use bugs as weapons, I can see it now...STAR WARS vs STARSHIP TROOPERS!

I thought they got off the planet?? lol

So did I. In fact I thought last weeks episode was pretty much a self contained story, with no need for immediate follow up (perhaps following up in season 4 instead).

In fact I'm surprised they are staying with this.

I really hope we are going to see some Clone and Droid action soon.

Graham

I know some didn't like the New Jedi Order series, but I LOVED it!! Would be a great animated series I think.

I liked it up until Star by Star, which I loved. After that, though, I kinda lost it. I particularly didn't like the way they portrayed the Supreme Overlord after that. I liked how... mystical he was and the spiritual way the Vong reacted around him, even Tsavong Lah... but then it turned into treating him like a generic politician and got even worse after the revelation (didn't have a problem with the concept itself... mostly in the execution of the revelation) and the wrap up felt a bit anti-climactic.

Are we going to see Anakin kill Ventress on top of the pyramid like in the first clone wars cartoon??

I think Ventress is going to have to die, that much we knew would happen.

The journey to how it is going to play out will be interesting to watch. I was sure Dooku was going to kill her a few episodes back. I think you are right. It will either be in the hands of Anakin or Asoka.

So, can someone clear this up for me - the first 2 seasons of Clone Wars (2D) have nothing to do with this (3D) Clone Wars series? Cause as mentioned above, Anakin seemingly killed Ventress in the other series...

I don't think anything official has been said one way or the other. But as it stands, the 2D series does nicely book end the current 3D one.

Episode 316: Altar of Mortis

Synopsis: Before the Jedi can leave Mortis, the Son takes Ahsoka captive in an attempt to entice Anakin into joining him to use their combined strength to overpower his Father and Sister. Meanwhile, the Father attempts to stave off a disastrous showdown between his children and maintain the Force's increasingly precarious balance on the planet.

Really?

So, all it takes to become a Sith is a little bite? I didn't know Sith had that particular vampire/zombie trait. :rolleyes:

After seeing so many good examples of Jedi turning over the years, this one seemed a little too forced and sudden.

The comments about Anakin bringing about the destruction of both the Sith and Jedi was a nice touch. Anakin's strong attachment to his Padawan was well-conveyed. And next week's ep looks to pack a pretty good wallop.

But this ep seemed like a bit of a let-down. For all the "neither Jedi nor Sith" comments from last week, it seemed pretty obvious which folks were Light-siders and Dark-siders. A definite step back from the concepts introduced last week.

And my comments from last week still stand: the Father is a freakin' IDIOT!! :angry:

This episode left a few too many leaps in logic. Why was the dagger important? Why was it any more dangerous than a lightsaber? What was Obi Wan doing during "anything" that was going on? I mean really, he was standing around a lot even for him.

Anyway, here's my general prediction for the end of this trilogy. After whatever happens..happens, either all 3 will wake up with ilttle or no memory of it, or only Anakin will have memory of it. There's no way these events could be reported back to the Jedi council without Anakin being put under some kind of major investigation/suspension. Yoda & Mace would almost assuredly see him as too dangerous after all of this.

Yeah, I kinda with you guys on this episode. Too much left unanswered. Plus how powerful is this family? I mean, this week the darksider was knocking everyone around with ease, however last week, Anakin was overpowering both he and his sister at the same time. The father just wants them to get back to the ship and leave so the son can't use it to fly away... isn't he aware the son has like a 3 minute head start and is flying?

I took Ahsoka's turn to being poisoned, essentially. To me it was pretty cool seeing her saying things that perhaps she thinks of when she is training under Anakin. Like not liking being called "snips". I do wish she had remembered what she had done though. I didn't like her awakening and being unaware of what she did.

Keith, as for your prediction, next week's episode looks like it could really kick ass. But at what cost to Episode III? They would almost have to lose their memory, or it was all a dream or something like that.

Anyways, the episode comes on in like 10 minutes... I am definitely going to have to see that again. Maybe I missed something, though may end up just realizing how little Obi Wan actually does. :lol: